What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

That could well be it.
CUZ i shoot after .177 holes in the wood, and after 10 shots the hole might be .30 in size at worst.
But when the paper come up my shots change to more along the lines of the one you circled in the picture, and worst of all the deviation make no sense, that just screw with my assumed OCD in the worst way.

When i was a kid and shot rimfire 15 M and 50 M, the best series i ever shot was always one of the first times there, same go when i transitioned to 200 M and the big 7.92 mm " shells"
It is also proven throughout my life that the second the element of competition come in play, my performance instantly drop with 15 - 25 %, always been so with shooting . table tennis . darts . 3 cushion billiards and what not. ( and add to that exams of just about any kind )
its just a fact i learned to live with

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT
That could well be it.
CUZ i shoot after .177 holes in the wood, and after 10 shots the hole might be .30 in size at worst.
But when the paper come up my shots change to more along the lines of the one you circled in the picture, and worst of all the deviation make no sense, that just screw with my assumed OCD in the worst way.

When i was a kid and shot rimfire 15 M and 50 M, the best series i ever shot was always one of the first times there, same go when i transitioned to 200 M and the big 7.92 mm " shells"
It is also proven throughout my life that the second the element of competition come in play, my performance instantly drop with 15 - 25 %, always been so with shooting . table tennis . darts . 3 cushion billiards and what not. ( and add to that exams of just about any kind )
its just a fact i learned to live with
Hello @Peashooter

Boy I just hate the "self imposed pressure" when I apply it in truly not real important situations. I find that when I really enjoy doing something ( like target shooting ) I try too hard some times and I have learned to get away from it for a little while.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

I shot five 30 Yard Challenge Master Class cards today and this was my best one, so this will be my paper target for the day. This last card I shot during the Solar Eclipse, kind of spooky :cool: .

ThomasT
AiracudaMax22.00.19.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
Spent some time at Washtenaw shooting indoor archery and i door pistols because the weather was horrible today. Started with the HW70, next was the HW40A, next was the HW75 and finished up with the LP400. All are .177 caliber and were shot at 10 meters free hand indoors.

View attachment 396839
View attachment 396840
View attachment 396841
View attachment 396842
Hello @maxtrouble

Looks like you were busy with all those guns. All your targets look real good but the LP400 stands out (y)

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

I shot five 30 Yard Challenge Master Class cards today and this was my best one, so this will be my paper target for the day. This last card I shot during the Solar Eclipse, kind of spooky :cool: .

ThomasT
View attachment 396809
Thomas! Excellent card considering you shot it during the ECLIPSE! 🤗

• Love
Hello everyone,

Beautiful cold ( 51f ) morning with a very light 3 mph wind and perfect to shoot some paper. I set up at 30-yards and shot several warm up targets to get ready to shoot more 30 Yard Challenge Master Class targets. Shot a 197 on this No. 22 target. I now have over 750 pellets down the barrel of this new rifle and it is really coming around on the accuracy.

ThomasT

AiracudaMax22.00.21.jpg

Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 396809
Solar Eclipse shooting ..................... very cool !

• Love
Hello everyone,

Shot a bunch of 50-yard targets this morning with great conditions. Now the winds are 15-20mph with guts to 24mph so I have moved on the 10-meter range. Switched pellets to the JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr and they shot pretty good with a score of 315 out of a possible 320 and with 25 X's. This is a fun target to shoot and it requires change of elevation and windage on almost every shot.

ThomasT
AiracudaMax22.00.23.jpg

Reactions: Peashooter
Just got home after 2 days at my friends house, got 5 hours worth of shooting in on Tuesday and today i logged 6 hours at the bench

The price was 2 tins of 13 gr Zan slugs, half a tin of 13gr JSB KO slugs, and then half a tin of MRD pellets.

Shot several really good 5 shot groups today i am pretty sure one of them was 1/4 inch at 82 M distance, 2 other groups was 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch if you removed that one GD " flier" i always get.
Actually those 2 groups with both 4 of the shots was in 2 holes, that granted was a little elongated, and had a 3 group with the first 2 shots in the exact same hole and then the 3 shot added a little to the length of the hole, but then the Maverick shifter POI and the group ended up as just a 1 inch group with the last 2 shots.

Now i am tied to my computer desk until next week due to weather, but then Monday / Tuesday next week look very promising in the "hail Mary" forecast from the Danish weather gurus.

• Love
Hello everyone,

I get pleasure out of shooting any gun at any time but sometimes for whatever reason it is just more fun :D . This morning was one of those “just more fun” shooting days with perfect conditions, temp 64f and zero winds. Shot a bunch of targets with the .22 cal JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr and these two targets are typical for this morning and part of the fun. It is amazing how fast you can go through half of a Tin of pellets when everything is going great :).

ThomasT
AiracudaMax22.00.24.jpg
AiracudaMax22.00.25.jpg

Hello everyone

Shot another “One Hole Challenge 2023"this morning and decided to take the Pistol and do some outdoor 10-Meter targets. Shot this 10-Meter Competition Air Pistol Target and turned out not too bad. Shot a 339 out of a possible 360 and with 10 X’s. The reticle in the scope pretty much covers the Bull on the target so it takes a bit of extra concentration on my part.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: UTG Bugbuster 3-9x32
Pellets: Top Secret

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP800R.1.jpg

Hello everyone,

Boy it is a shame that these Wadcutters don’t shoot accurate at 10-Meters, nice clean round holes and so easy to score.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Pistol: JTS Airacuda MAX .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: RWS Hobby Sport Line Wadcutter 11.9gr

ThomasT

JTS Airacuda MAX.1.jpg

Hello everyone

Shooting indoors early ( 4:30am ) this morning and having a lot of fun with the Snowpeak PP800R Pistol. For such a small cylinder I get a lot of consistency with a “full shot count” of 25+. I shot this target 25 times and the only real deviation with any of the POI is on the fifth target shot, the center target, and part of that could very well be blamed on the shooter :unsure: .

Range: Indoor 15-feet
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: UTG Bugbuster 3-9x32
Pellets: RWS Supermag Field Line 9.3gr Wadcutter

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP800R.2.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

Shooting my favorite target with the “floor sweeping” pellets :(. This is the Tin of pellets that look like JSB at the end of the day sweeps up all the pellets that have fallen on the floor and puts them in Tin. I decided to shoot some of them up just for grins and was surprised to get a score of 230 :p. This is a Tin of 500 pieces so I have a lot of plinking to do :)

ThomasT
JTS Airacuda MAX.2.jpg