What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Great shooting Thomas and those sweeper pellet's didn't do too badly! Have an awesome weekend! Oh...I too am an early riser, usually up by 4:45am....
Hello @Ranchibi

Not bashing JSB, but this is the most horrible Tin of pellets that I have ever had. Not one pellet is OK, every one is damaged in some way :( . But they still make a sound when they hit the target :ROFLMAO:.

I got you beat, I normally get up around 2:am every day.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Shot a bunch of 50-yard targets this morning with great conditions. Now the winds are 15-20mph with guts to 24mph so I have moved on the 10-meter range. Switched pellets to the JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr and they shot pretty good with a score of 315 out of a possible 320 and with 25 X's. This is a fun target to shoot and it requires change of elevation and windage on almost every shot.

ThomasT
View attachment 397933
can you post a link to this target ? looks like fun !!

Reactions: ThomasT
can you post a link to this target ? looks like fun !!
Hello @beerthief

Click on this link and you will find a lot of my Printable Targets

ThomasT

Reactions: beerthief
Hello @Ranchibi

Not bashing JSB, but this is the most horrible Tin of pellets that I have ever had. Not one pellet is OK, every one is damaged in some way :( . But they still make a sound when they hit the target :ROFLMAO:.

I got you beat, I normally get up around 2:am every day.

ThomasT
I'm hoping it was just a shipping issue with the damaged JSB's...😳. And, yup, ya got me beat by 2 hours and 40 minutes....😂👍. I have been sizing each 500 tin now of all my JSB 18gr, did one today....it is a nice feeling when loading, each feels the exact same smooth loading feel thru my RAW, groups have seemed to tighten up a smidge. Plus when sizing, any bent skirts get opened and rounded by the push rod of the sizer.

• Love
shot these today. funny how I did better standing tree rest than sitting bipod on the K1. The GK1 target I even impressed myself as I kinda suck at pistols, haha but the MKII sight is awesome.

-6764812318529813558.jpg

2772938313572197014.jpg

-7965214264021978010.jpg

-6206429535503138862.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello everyone,

More early morning paper target shooting when my 3-active brain cells are actually working. Shot this target and got two true 5-Shots in One Hole scores, see #2 and #4. The second photo shows one of the pellets for a reference. This put a big smile on my face.

Range: Indoor 15-feet
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: UTG Bugbuster 3-9x32
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr Wadcutter

ThomasT

Snowpeak PP800R.3.jpg
Snowpeak PP800R.3a.jpg

Hello everyone,

Using up some of the JSB “floor sweep” pellets this morning and shooting the General Target. Note Bulls #10 and #11 with the blue ring that are misses, both of these pellets needed a lot of extra pressure to load into the chamber. On this target and the others that I shot I had these flyers and each time the pellet was hard to load. I did notice when loading the pellets in the magazines that some skirts were badly out of round and I suspect these were the ones hard to load and turned into the flyers.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Pistol: JTS Airacuda MAX .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo 15.89gr ( floor sweep special )

ThomasT
JTS Airacuda MAX.4.jpg

Reactions: rsfrid
OK @ThomasT I tried your target with both my Brocock Atomic pistol and my Weihrach HW44. I must say that I never have seen the Atomic shoot anywhere near as consistent or accurate as the HW44. The Germans make great pistols. The Atomic is so-so and a great plinker, but no bullseye pistol. Here are the targets. First one is Atomic at 7 yards, second one is HW44 at 7 yds.

IMG_2968.jpeg

IMG_2967.jpeg

The sighters on the bottom target are the JTS pellets in the Atomic. Very poor (worse than JSB) in the pistol.

• Love
OK @ThomasT I tried your target with both my Brocock Atomic pistol and my Weihrach HW44. I must say that I never have seen the Atomic shoot anywhere near as consistent or accurate as the HW44. The Germans make great pistols. The Atomic is so-so and a great plinker, but no bullseye pistol. Here are the targets. First one is Atomic at 7 yards, second one is HW44 at 7 yds.

View attachment 399583

View attachment 399582

The sighters on the bottom target are the JTS pellets in the Atomic. Very poor (worse than JSB) in the pistol.
Hello @rsfrid

Both cards look good but the second card / HW44 is dead on with almost every shot within the black Bull (y) .

What JTS pellets did you use?

The wind is howling outside with white caps out on the lake so no more shooting for me :cry: on the 10-Meter range.

ThomasT

Hello @rsfrid

Both cards look good but the second card / HW44 is dead on with almost every shot within the black Bull (y) .

What JTS pellets did you use?

The wind is howling outside with white caps out on the lake so no more shooting for me :cry: on the 10-Meter range.

ThomasT
I used 22.07 gn 22cal JTS. I got them to try in my RAW but I keep trying other guns as well. So far not too impressed.

Hello everyone,

Received three new Brands/Styles of pellets in yesterday and even though the wind is blowing 10 to 15 with guts to 22mph I went ahead and set up some targets.

The new pellets are:
RWS Professional Line 14.0gr Wadcutters
Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy 18gr
H&N Slug HP 21gr

Shot a whole bunch at 10-meters to see how they shot in my rifle. No surprise the Wadcutters just could not handle the wind and were inconsistent, I will try them again later. The Air Arms did very well but the H&N Slugs did not.

So I moved out to my 25-yard range and only shot a few Wadcutters, the wind was just too much. The Air Arms again did real good and to my surprise the Slugs did not shoot accurate at all.

I shot this target with the Air Arms and I did shoot two times at the #1 and the #9 Bull because the wind actually blew hard enough to move my steel target frame when I made the first shot.

When the conditions will allow I will do a comparison of the AA against the JSB and the JTS 18gr pellets.

ThomasT

JTS Airacuda MAX.5.jpg

Hello everyone,

Received three new Brands/Styles of pellets in yesterday and even though the wind is blowing 10 to 15 with guts to 22mph I went ahead and set up some targets.

The new pellets are:
RWS Professional Line 14.0gr Wadcutters
Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy 18gr
H&N Slug HP 21gr

Shot a whole bunch at 10-meters to see how they shot in my rifle. No surprise the Wadcutters just could not handle the wind and were inconsistent, I will try them again later. The Air Arms did very well but the H&N Slugs did not.

So I moved out to my 25-yard range and only shot a few Wadcutters, the wind was just too much. The Air Arms again did real good and to my surprise the Slugs did not shoot accurate at all.

I shot this target with the Air Arms and I did shoot two times at the #1 and the #9 Bull because the wind actually blew hard enough to move my steel target frame when I made the first shot.

When the conditions will allow I will do a comparison of the AA against the JSB and the JTS 18gr pellets.

ThomasT

View attachment 399805
I've heard good things about Air Arms. Not surprised the slugs don't do well. Isn't that a choked barrel?

• Love
I've heard good things about Air Arms. Not surprised the slugs don't do well. Isn't that a choked barrel?
Hello @rsfrid

I don't know if it is choked or not, the spec sheet doesn't show.

Man I have the wind today. Those backing plates are 24" x 24" x 1/8" thick steel plate and the guts are actually moving them :confused:. I tried my best to time each shot but I misjudged several times. I am impressed with the AA considering the conditions. Cannot wait for a calm day :D

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

First off this is NOT a very scientific pellet test but I just had to shoot something today. The wind is supposed to be 10 to 15mph with gust to 20, but again it is moving my steel target frame so it is blowing very hard😔.

I purchased one of these Five Pellet test packages and here is what was in the Pack:
1) H&N Baracuda Power 21.14gr
2) H&N Baracuda Hunter 18.21gr
3) H&N Crow Magnum 18.21gr
4) H&N Hornet 16.20gr
5) H&N Baracuda Green 12.96gr

I shot them in this order, heaviest to lightest with no adjustment to my scope. As you can see, the H&N Baracuda Power 21.14gr shot 4 out of 5 MOA, even with this bad wind (y). The Baracuda Hunter left nice clean round holes but was not accurate. The Crow Magnum hit the target sideways and tore through the card stock. The Hornet had 2 out of 5 MOA but were all within the target outer ring. Last but not least were the Baracuda Green non-lead pellets and I am lucky that they all hit “somewhere” on the paper :ROFLMAO:.

I will shoot these again but in better conditions.

ThomasT
JTS Airacuda MAX.6.jpg