What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

Well the wind finally died down enough to allow me to shoot some 10-Meter targets, still too windy for 25-yards.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Pistol: JTS Airacuda MAX .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JTS Dead Center 18.13gr

ThomasT
JTS Airacuda MAX.7.jpg

Working on my form, attempting to analyzing my follow through to determine what I do wrong on the errant shots and what I did right on the good ones. Consistent head weld is one culprit, so I’ve added a piece of tape to the comb that I can look down and see. Making a nice smooth trigger pull through the second stage ledge, even as light as my trigger is I find I can still get hung up on the ledge because I’m not committing to the pull. Then consistently doing the full setup the same each time. The new Sightron 10-50x60 FT with the MOA-2 reticle is great as well.

I’m 6’3” with 37” sleeve length so I’ve always found the oem stocks of any firearm to be a bit short. I’ve extended the butt with a combination of washers and a spacer with a longer bolt. So the butt plate moves up and down and turns left or right and now can spin so that adds another level of adjustability which has definitely helped my the fit. Making these changes to the butt have helped resolve a lot of issues but there are more to work on.

This is from 25 yds, no wind to speak of, with my Lupo Rosso .22 shooting JTS 22.07’s @ 1018 fps. If I can continue to practice with a purpose each day it will be a good target to look back on in a few weeks.

View attachment 400279View attachment 400281View attachment 400280
did you shoot ALL 70 in a single sitting ? from looking at your target it looks like you got tired or you got anxious .

Reactions: oledawg
Shot my HW44 with FX 10 grain pellets to see how they'd do. Back story — I purchased a couple tins thinking they would be good in my Impact 177cal but nope! So I tried them in ole Trusty (my Weihrauch) and they were pretty decent. Probably would benefit from weight sorting, but I don't want to invest the time when they do this well straight from tin.

View attachment 400467
nice pistol shooting , i don't think can do that even if i put the muzzle up to the paper !

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Well the wind finally died down enough to allow me to shoot some 10-Meter targets, still too windy for 25-yards.

ThomasT
View attachment 400528
Now that's the shooting you are famous for, deputy. Nice card.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
did you shoot ALL 70 in a single sitting ? from looking at your target it looks like you got tired or you got anxious .
Yea that is another thing I realized going to keep my max to 30 shots then take a 10 minute break. Thirty should be what I would expect to shoot in 1 card of a match. Thanks for noticing that.

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 400528
Thomas...oh YEAH! Fantastic card sir!

Hello everyone

Very little wind this morning so I set up a 25-Yard MOA Target to test the last of the H&N Power 21.14gr Copper coated pellets. After zeroing the scope I had only 26 pellets left just enough to shoot this target. Not a perfect score but 233 is not too bad. However, the “missed” shots were in some cases way off like #11. I was hoping these were going to be MOA pellets because I really like shooting the Copper pellets.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Pellets: H&N Power 21.14gr

ThomasT

JTS Airacuda MAX.8.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Weather still beautiful but the wind has picked up a bit so this is my last target for the day. I switched pellets to the Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy 18.0gr and re-zeroed the scope. I'm liking these pellets the more that I shoot them.

ThomasT
View attachment 400760
Way better results with those pellets. Nice card.

• Love
Another "what the heck" experiment. I was shooting my Brocock Atomic 22cal pistol with my normal JSB 15.89 pellets. Normally these are just ok — nothing like the HW44 and H&N pellets. Typically I get a little over MOA with this combo — that's 0.07” at 7 yards. I found a couple tins of Baracuda Hunters that I decided to try. What a surprise! These shoot sub MOA all three targets. Nice to know they shoot well out of something I own 😂

IMG_2978.jpeg

Another "what the heck" experiment. I was shooting my Brocock Atomic 22cal pistol with my normal JSB 15.89 pellets. Normally these are just ok — nothing like the HW44 and H&N pellets. Typically I get a little over MOA with this combo — that's 0.07” at 7 yards. I found a couple tins of Baracuda Hunters that I decided to try. What a surprise! These shoot sub MOA all three targets. Nice to know they shoot well out of something I own 😂

View attachment 401651
Hello @rsfrid

Wow Ross that is super tolerance grouping. Other than trying to shoot a "one-hole", this grouping would get you a perfect score on any target.

ThomasT

Now, for something a little different — a benchrest target shot with hunting pellets. Brocock Atomic 22cal pistol format shooting H&N Baracuda Hunter pellets at 7 yards in basement. I shoot the center crosshair intersection for an "x".

View attachment 401955
Hello @rsfrid

Well it looks like to me those pellets work pretty good :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: , OK dog-gone GOOD.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Cold and rain prevented me from shooting holes in paper yesterday but man what a perfect day today, 51f degrees light winds and Blue Bird Sky. Really took my time to shoot this target to find out more about the Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy 15gr pellets that I have just started shooting. The one “flyer” on the second Sighter was a pellet that took a bit to chamber and I figured it would not shoot well. Same thing on #5 10-Ring, but all of the rest shot great.

Pellets: Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy 15gr

ThomasT

JTS Airacuda MAX.10.jpg

• Love
Hello everyone,

Cold and rain prevented me from shooting holes in paper yesterday but man what a perfect day today, 51f degrees light winds and Blue Bird Sky. Really took my time to shoot this target to find out more about the Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy 15gr pellets that I have just started shooting. The one “flyer” on the second Sighter was a pellet that took a bit to chamber and I figured it would not shoot well. Same thing on #5 10-Ring, but all of the rest shot great.

Pellets: Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy 15gr

ThomasT

View attachment 401977
Looks like you found your holy grail. Nice shooting deputy. This looks like a good long winter to be shooting.

• Love