What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Looks like you found your holy grail. Nice shooting deputy. This looks like a good long winter to be shooting.
Hello @rsfrid

Thank you, however I wish to take an exception to the "long winter" wording :confused:. I would much prefer a SHORT, almost non-existence and very warm winter :ROFLMAO:.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Another absolutely perfect day for shooting, wind 3mph and temp 57f and clear blue shy. I know it is a good day when I shoot six targets ( over 120 shots ) and do not miss a Bull. Most likely will never happen again but I will smile all afternoon. This was my last target and I kind of rushed this one because I had a pot of Shrimp Gumbo warming up on the stove 😁and lost my concentration 😠 , big disadvantage when your Bench is only a few feet from the kitchen 😂.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: JTS Airacuda MAX .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JTS Dead Center 18.1gr

ThomasT
JTS Airacuda MAX.11.jpg

Hello everyone,

Another absolutely perfect day for shooting, wind 3mph and temp 57f and clear blue shy. I know it is a good day when I shoot six targets ( over 120 shots ) and do not miss a Bull. Most likely will never happen again but I will smile all afternoon. This was my last target and I kind of rushed this one because I had a pot of Shrimp Gumbo warming up on the stove 😁and lost my concentration 😠 , big disadvantage when your Bench is only a few feet from the kitchen 😂.

ThomasT
View attachment 402297
Can't complain about this card — gumbo or not! Very well done. No shooting for me today — my hand is acting up (arthritis)

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Boy the “Ole Shooting Mistress” is a fickle one for sure. Yesterday I could not miss a target 😁 , but today I couldn’t hit the side of a ship with a Blunderbuss :mad:. Target number one was my warm-up target and just barely a score of 90, OK. The next target is actually the last one that I shot this morning and was the best that I could shoot, a 244 score out of a possible 250 :confused:.

Alright here is what happened, the sun was in my eyes, too much wind and a bunch of bad pellets ;)..... , now if you believe that I have some ocean view property in South Dakota I would like to sell you.

ThomasT
JTS Airacuda MAX.12.jpg
JTS Airacuda MAX.13.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: rsfrid
Shot for accuracy this morning. Groups are fun, but having to reaim the crosshairs for each shot is more challenging. Luckily I wasn't going for time. Two different pellets today — the FX 10.3 grain and the H&N Baracuda FT 9.57 grain.

View attachment 403310
View attachment 403311
Hello @rsfrid

Well Ross they look to be almost identical which is a good thing, now you have two pellets that you can expect great shooting.

I haven't even touched a gun today, how can I be retired and have so much "stuff" to do before I can play :confused: .

ThomasT

• Haha
Hello @rsfrid

Well Ross they look to be almost identical which is a good thing, now you have two pellets that you can expect great shooting.

I haven't even touched a gun today, how can I be retired and have so much "stuff" to do before I can play :confused: .

ThomasT
Boy, does that sound familiar. I had to clean out pellet traps (they use rubber mulch) and refill before I could shoot. That was after cleaning up walnut husks from squirrels on sidewalk and pulling last of radishes. Then I could play.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Shot a bunch of targets this morning with near perfect conditions except for the wind which was 10-15mph. Only missing two 10-Rings out of 25 with this wind, I will take it 😁 .

ThomasT
JTS Airacuda MAX.14.jpg

Hello everyone,

Shot a bunch of targets this morning with near perfect conditions except for the wind which was 10-15mph. Only missing two 10-Rings out of 25 with this wind, I will take it 😁 .

ThomasT
View attachment 403702
Thomas, great card especially in 10-15mph breezes! 🤗

• Love
Hello everyone,

What an absolutely perfect Fall day to enjoy the outdoors, weather and shooting :D . It is spooky calm, almost like there is no atmosphere. Couple of leaves fell out of a tree and it took a long time for them to reach the ground, just slowly straight down. My Butterflies enjoying the flowers and several almost flew into my shooting window. It is 70f with partly cloudy skies and dead calm.

I am adding three different paper targets today because of how consistence each were shot, man I was “shucking and jiving” this morning. I always feel good when I get to shoot, no matter the score, it’s just sometimes I feel a lot goooderer 😂:p:ROFLMAO:

ThomasT
JTS Airacuda MAX.15.jpg
JTS Airacuda MAX.16.jpg
JTS Airacuda MAX.17.jpg

• Love
Hello everyone,

What an absolutely perfect Fall day to enjoy the outdoors, weather and shooting :D . It is spooky calm, almost like there is no atmosphere. Couple of leaves fell out of a tree and it took a long time for them to reach the ground, just slowly straight down. My Butterflies enjoying the flowers and several almost flew into my shooting window. It is 70f with partly cloudy skies and dead calm.

I am adding three different paper targets today because of how consistence each were shot, man I was “shucking and jiving” this morning. I always feel good when I get to shoot, no matter the score, it’s just sometimes I feel a lot goooderer 😂:p:ROFLMAO:

ThomasT
View attachment 403993View attachment 403994View attachment 403995
Thomas! You definitely were ON YOUR GAME TODAY...3 FANTASTIC cards! It's pretty special to get that type of conditions to shoot in and make the best of it! 🤗 I was up most of the night smoking a brisket for a lunch party later today....yawn....😂👍. I was out adjusting the smoker temp early this morning when I heard...crunching noises really close to me..looked on the wall about 2.5ft away and a fox squirrel was munching on my neigjbors unripe guavas! I ran to get my Prod as he hates the rats and squirrels that eat his precious guavas...but when I returned it was gone...lucky for it...woulda point blanked it...😂

• Haha
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Thomas! You definitely were ON YOUR GAME TODAY...3 FANTASTIC cards! It's pretty special to get that type of conditions to shoot in and make the best of it! 🤗 I was up most of the night smoking a brisket for a lunch party later today....yawn....😂👍. I was out adjusting the smoker temp early this morning when I heard...crunching noises really close to me..looked on the wall about 2.5ft away and a fox squirrel was munching on my neigjbors unripe guavas! I ran to get my Prod as he hates the rats and squirrels that eat his precious guavas...but when I returned it was gone...lucky for it...woulda point blanked it...😂
Hello @Ranchibi

Something that I love more than shooting guns is Smoking Meat 😋😋. Yeah those dang tree rats have some sort of warning device that allows them to get away sometimes.

I would have kept shooting this morning but had to drive over into the next county and pick up some steel, just now getting back home and the wind is howling.

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

Something that I love more than shooting guns is Smoking Meat 😋😋. Yeah those dang tree rats have some sort of warning device that allows them to get away sometimes.

I would have kept shooting this morning but had to drive over into the next county and pick up some steel, just now getting back home and the wind is howling.

ThomasT
Sorry you had to LEAVE when shooting so well! The brisket came out good....I do the Texas style wrap when the temp stalls @ around 170 degrees, then cook till 195, then wrap more and put in a cooler for a couple hours (no brainer easy consistent cook) then feast on the juicy brisket...Ha! Cooking is one of my fav things to do...wife likes it since she doesn't have to cook...😂

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
I posted this separately earlier today, but got little response. So here goes:

View attachment 404216
Hello @rsfrid

Well what can a fellow say ...... you shot a hole in the dead center of every one of those Bulls (y) (y) (y) :love:. Nice shooting Ross.

I cannot do any indoor shooting for a while, I have moved the bench because I have a bunch of welding to do. However, if this weather holds out I will be back on the 25-yard range for sure.

ThomasT