What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

IMG_3004.jpeg

OK, here goes. Just to get back to the one hole challenge, this is the sheet I just finished and measured up. How do I determine Center to Center average when all six bulls were one hole? 🤔😂

View attachment 406228
I remember someone said to get ctc from one hole you measure the hole and subtract one pellet diameter ? Don't remember who said that ?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
I remember someone said to get ctc from one hole you measure the hole and subtract one pellet diameter ? Don't remember who said that ?
What I missed was a post somewhere stating I am not supposed to subtract pellet diameter, rather the width of hole the pellet makes. In my case 177 pellets don't make a .177” hole, but rather a .14” hole. That's what I have been subtracting lately.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Well I just could not stand it, so I set up my new BETA Target Frame at just shy of 10-Meters and shot this one paper target 😁 . Love shooting wadcutter pellets when they leave clean round holes.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: Red Dot
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP800R.4A.jpg

Hello everyone,

Well I just could not stand it, so I set up my new BETA Target Frame at just shy of 10-Meters and shot this one paper target 😁 . Love shooting wadcutter pellets when they leave clean round holes.

ThomasT
View attachment 407862
Talked you into shooting, did I? Nice card. Love it when a plan comes together!

• Love
Talked you into shooting, did I? Nice card. Love it when a plan comes together!
Hello @rsfrid

Had that dang thing out in my shop and could hear a faint sound ...... shoot me, shoot me, , so of course I was tempted :sneaky:. I will give it another try tomorrow if the weather is good.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 407862
Thomas, very nice card! I too like how wadcutters make such clean holes! Slugs do the same thing, nice clean holes.

• Love
I am going to look like a redneck compared to most of y'all, but I use the chest piece of a cardboard target I get at Atwood's. Using a rifle scope or binoculars, keep track of hits and then mark them after the 6-shot round before reload.
View attachment 408053
Hello @SN1663R

That is cool, from another Redneck :)

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

What the heck? This is one messed up paper target, well here is what happened. I first TRIED to shoot this at a measured 10-Meters and with my worn out 82 years old eyes I couldn’t even see the Bulls with my glasses and those shots are in Red Circles. Hey not bad grouping just 2-inches from the Bulls :) .

Then I set up the new Beta Target Frame at a measured 18-feet and those shots are in the Blue Circles and shot a score of 70 again 😁.

Lesson learned, it really helps your score to see the target :rolleyes:.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters & 18-Feet

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP800R.5.jpg

Hello everyone,

What the heck? This is one messed up paper target, well here is what happened. I first TRIED to shoot this at a measured 10-Meters and with my worn out 82 years old eyes I couldn’t even see the Bulls with my glasses and those shots are in Red Circles. Hey not bad grouping just 2-inches from the Bulls :) .

Then I set up the new Beta Target Frame at a measured 18-feet and those shots are in the Blue Circles and shot a score of 70 again 😁.

Lesson learned, it really helps your score to see the target :rolleyes:.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters & 18-Feet

ThomasT
View attachment 408083
Thomas, you did much better than I would! Ha!

• Love
Hello everyone,

Severe thunderstorms rolled through and finally a break so I set up my favorite paper target out at 10-Meters. However this time I re-installed the Bugbuster scope and removed the Red Dot. It took a full mag to zero not sure why.

Scope: 3-9x32 Bugbuster

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP800R.6.jpg