What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

What the heck? This is one messed up paper target, well here is what happened. I first TRIED to shoot this at a measured 10-Meters and with my worn out 82 years old eyes I couldn’t even see the Bulls with my glasses and those shots are in Red Circles. Hey not bad grouping just 2-inches from the Bulls :) .

Then I set up the new Beta Target Frame at a measured 18-feet and those shots are in the Blue Circles and shot a score of 70 again 😁.

Lesson learned, it really helps your score to see the target :rolleyes:.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters & 18-Feet
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: Red Dot
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr

ThomasT
View attachment 408083
You need a scope!

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Severe thunderstorms rolled through and finally a break so I set up my favorite paper target out at 10-Meters. However this time I re-installed the Bugbuster scope and removed the Red Dot. It took a full mag to zero not sure why.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Scope: 3-9x32 Bugbuster

ThomasT
View attachment 408157
Much better. Don't quit practicing.

• Love
Thomas, nice card! Me and red dots don't get along either....😂
Hello @Ranchibi

You know the Red Dot works OK for me in my indoor shop range of 15-feet because I can actually see the target, but out to 10-Meters is just too far. I wish the Bugbuster had a better reticle it is a bit too thick.

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello @rsfrid

Had that dang thing out in my shop and could hear a faint sound ...... shoot me, shoot me, , so of course I was tempted :sneaky:. I will give it another try tomorrow if the weather is good.

ThomasT
Keep it up, and that target monster and your air gun addiction will get together and have a mosh party in your head! 🙃

• Love
Hello @Ranchibi

You know the Red Dot works OK for me in my indoor shop range of 15-feet because I can actually see the target, but out to 10-Meters is just too far. I wish the Bugbuster had a better reticle it is a bit too thick.

ThomasT
Thomas, I found this inexpensive small SFP scope on fleabay and it has a side parallax down to 10yds, illuminated reticle, horseshoe reticle. Been pondering on acquiring one for my Prod I rat with as it is small, compact and lite. The reticle looks not too thick or too thin.....just an FYI!

• Love
Had time to shoot just one card with my Challenger today.

IMG_7637.jpeg

Thanks guys and yes indeed I was smiling after the last shot. Inside the black ring measure .25" so there's not much wiggle room to poke holes without touching the line. The ones that did touch the line were fliers. I always hold my follow through and watch the crosshairs in relationship to the holes so I can tell if it was me or the pellet to blame. This rifle certainly is a shooter far above its price point.

• Love
Thanks guys and yes indeed I was smiling after the last shot. Inside the black ring measure .25" so there's not much wiggle room to poke holes without touching the line. The ones that did touch the line were fliers. I always hold my follow through and watch the crosshairs in relationship to the holes so I can tell if it was me or the pellet to blame. This rifle certainly is a shooter far above its price point.
Hello @igolfat8

That is a heck of a deal when a "flier" is only .000001" off center :ROFLMAO:. Most of my fliers are more like 1.00" 🤪.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Now I have to post my paper target for the day after these two guys and their near perfect cards 😒

Late start today with just too much wind this morning for Pistol shooting outdoors. Wind has died down some but still from every direction but decided to shoot a 10-Meter paper target anyway. Love to shoot this target even though it is hard because the random locations of the 10-Rings require a lot of setting up on each shot.

ThomasT

Snowpeak PP800R.7.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Now I have to post my paper target for the day after these two guys and their near perfect cards 😒

Late start today with just too much wind this morning for Pistol shooting outdoors. Wind has died down some but still from every direction but decided to shoot a 10-Meter paper target anyway. Love to shoot this target even though it is hard because the random locations of the 10-Rings require a lot of setting up on each shot.

ThomasT

View attachment 408653
Not too bad for outdoors and lots of bugs and butterflies! Your Snowpear (🙄) really does well at 10 meters. Keep it up. By the way, I see you are using a paper punch also. 😅🤣😂

Not too bad for outdoors and lots of bugs and butterflies! Your Snowpear (🙄) really does well at 10 meters. Keep it up. By the way, I see you are using a paper punch also. 😅🤣😂
Hello @rsfrid

It is nice and warm today and the Butterflies and Honey Bees are swarming the flowers. The ding-dang Deer are eating just the flower blooms off the stems so I have been busy "discouraging" them :rolleyes: as much as I can :devilish:

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 408653
Thomas, another EXCELLENT card! Outdoor conditions are much harder to shoot in than indoors for sure....wind....bugs...sounds...bird fly-by's.....🤗....I know, that's how I shoot daily.....good excuse huh....😂

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid