What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Thomas, another EXCELLENT card! Outdoor conditions are much harder to shoot in than indoors for sure....wind....bugs...sounds...bird fly-by's.....🤗....I know, that's how I shoot daily.....good excuse huh....😂
Hello @Ranchibi

I had a Honey Bee fly through my shooting window and land on top of my head 😁 and crawl around for a while. I slowly got up and walked outside and he flew off (y). I do have bugs fly inside all the time so I am use to it by now and I really don't mind that much. That's not a bad price to pay for my indoor benchrest .

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

I had a Honey Bee fly through my shooting window and land on top of my head 😁 and crawl around for a while. I slowly got up and walked outside and he flew off (y). I do have bugs fly inside all the time so I am use to it by now and I really don't mind that much. That's not a bad price to pay for my indoor benchrest .

ThomasT
That's funny! I do like bees though, one of nature's incredible workers and so loyal to their hive! I have been working diligently on shooting both pellets and slugs from my .22 RAW, a few pellets then adjust turrets then a few slugs (NSA) and have been getting wonderful groups but today with the 17.5gr slugs, which are the most sensitive to eye picture and barrel cleanliness, things started going SIDEWAYS...groups opened up then FLIERS...UGH! Stopped, reset me thinker (which only works occasionally) and decided to go in and clean the barrel as that usually works...yup....worked AGAIN...hole in hole at my measly 20yds range alternating ammo but made me happy (I am easily pleased...😂)!

• Haha
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
That's funny! I do like bees though, one of nature's incredible workers and so loyal to their hive! I have been working diligently on shooting both pellets and slugs from my .22 RAW, a few pellets then adjust turrets then a few slugs (NSA) and have been getting wonderful groups but today with the 17.5gr slugs, which are the most sensitive to eye picture and barrel cleanliness, things started going SIDEWAYS...groups opened up then FLIERS...UGH! Stopped, reset me thinker (which only works occasionally) and decided to go in and clean the barrel as that usually works...yup....worked AGAIN...hole in hole at my measly 20yds range alternating ammo but made me happy (I am easily pleased...😂)!
Hello @Ranchibi

I like a clean barrel 😁

OK time for you to add some photos of your targets

ThomasT

Randall, I clean my HW44 after 40-50 shots. I found accuracy and consistency drop significantly if I don't. A couple years ago I was shooting it at 50 feet indoors and it did really well. Then one day the shots were all over the place (many off the paper target). I tookmit home and scrubbed the bore with a nylon brush and Ballistal and the next week, shots were back in line as before. Can't shoot one hole groups with a dirty HW44 😂 Oh, yeah, we want pictures! No pictures — didn't happen. 😏

How do I link an Excel file to my post? I was going to share my 1/4" 40 shot target with you guys. Its my favorite target to shoot. I've used it from 10M out to 50 yards. I tried to use the "Attach Files" link below but it doesn't like excel files.

Well it might have worked???

View attachment 408754
Can you convert to PDF file?

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello @Ranchibi

I like a clean barrel 😁

OK time for you to add some photos of your targets

ThomasT
These are from my paltry 20yd home range of 20yds. The RAW shoots WAY better than me! With slugs my non choked poly barrel needs to be clean for the NSA 17.5gr slugs but the 20.2gr slugs don't care as much, pellets same clean or dirty.

IMG_5099.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_7038.jpeg

Reactions: Ranchibi
Happy Turkey Day everyone 🦃🦃🦃,

Well shooting paper targets and trying to cook at the same time is a bad idea. I got carried away concentrating on shooting and almost burned some of my Thanksgiving food, so I shut down the range for a while.

Shot 5 times at each Bull and wound up keeping all the shots within the 10-Ring.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: 3-9x32 Bugbuster
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP800R.8.jpg

Well shooting paper targets and trying to cook at the same time is a bad idea. I got carried away concentrating on shooting and almost burned some of my Thanksgiving food, so I shut down the range for a while.

Shot 5 times at each Bull and wound up keeping all the shots within the 10-Ring.

ThomasT
View attachment 408880
Thomas, Happy Thanksgiving 🍁🦃 and great card! There is no way I can cook and do something else...bad outcome for me....😂👍! Enjoy the day!

ThomasT
View attachment 408880
Great shooting! I'm sure anything you cook will turn out great. Have a happy day!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Well, shot lots of paper today. The Baracuda Hunters in my Atomic XR 22 cal were doing weird things like sudden dropping off the bullseye. So I switched to the JSB 15.89 sorted and shot this card.

IMG_3009.jpeg

Then I shot the HW44 with the FX 10 grain pellets and shot this card.

IMG_3010.jpeg