What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

Mother Nature is dropping the colorful leaves from the trees and this is the view from my shooting window inside my house, what a great time to shoot with a new rifle.

Just over a week ago I ordered a new .22 cal Brocock Sniper XR from Chris with Airguns Of Arizona and it arrived yesterday afternoon. I did my normal cleaning of the barrel then a complete inspection of the gun, and oiling all of the moving parts and finally mounting a scope.

Right after daylight this morning I put up a 10-Meter target to do the initial zeroing of the scope and that went really well ( see 3rd photo ). Next I placed a 25-Yard MOA Score Target out at 25 yards and shot a score of 246 ( see 4th photo ) which is not too bad considering. I am satisfied with the results for first targets shot with this new rifle and hope to improve over time when I become more familiar with the nuances of this gun. I will shoot more a bit later when the sun gets higher in the sky and out of my shooting window.

As usual AOA did a nice job of setting up and testing the rifle before shipping it to me.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters and 25-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph w/gusts to 12mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.4.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.5A.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.100.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.101.jpg

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Have been back inside for 10 meter standing for a couple months now. Starting to get it together, Big level increase in the area of breath control, doing hold /release 6 second with 0% air in lungs, so much more comfort in all the sequence, very relaxed. Score is still the same, but give it time. Still am shooting 7 days a week, 1/2 of which with my son, who is doing very well with it. Fun to watch him progress. He is at 81 standing now as of last night. View attachment 413090
very impressive indeed ! off hand i would be lucky to just touch the black edges if that .

• Haha
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Reactions: beerthief
Hello everyone,

Sun got out of my shooting window now so I shot a second General Target, but this time at 25-Yards. A score of 199 is just one off from perfect but satisfied considering that the wind has picked up and swirling all over. This cold front is messing up my shooting for now so I will wait for better conditions. I adjusted the Butt Plate and Cheek Riser and feeling a bit more comfortable with the Sniper.

Wind: 10 to 15 mph w/gusts to 20 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.102.jpg

Reactions: rsfrid
I threatened to shoot some paper a few weeks ago, i chickened out as i have not been man enough to face the uncomfortable weather here which have been sub zero for a few weeks strait.
Even if the winds have actually been pretty damn nice on many of the days.

The weather are now above freezing again but only just, i am only praying i will be able to do a little shooting on new years evening like a few years ago.
It was not delightful back then either, but still a OK way to be on standby until my M8 done his job and whipped up some food for me.
And brought me some booze on the rox.

I swear he want it this way, and you better not get between him and his grill, it is all i can be allowed to in emergencies flip some sausages., but all the other stuff he is the grill meister.

0c34c699a292bcda66247cc2e05e99bb010c4169.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Rained all morning so I am getting a late start for my shooting. Only shot two cards because my Niksan Ozark-TW was delivered while I was shooting. However more pellets down the barrel on the Sniper XR and the accuracy is defiantly improving with each clip.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Wind: 10 to 15 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.103.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.104.jpg

Hello everyone,

Fast turn around service from DonnyFL and I received my Niksan Ozark-TW .22 cal back this afternoon (y) . All I had to do was re-install the scope and start shooting some paper targets. Shot the first target as a warm up with 5-shots on each 10-Ring and was able to place all shots in one hole. Next I shot a 10-Meter Air Gun Challenge target and was really pleased with the results. Less than 200 shots down the barrel at this time, so I am expecting big improvements in time.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Diabolo 15.89gr
FPS: 800
FPE: 22.6

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.100.jpg
Niksan Ozark-TW.101.jpg

Hello everyone,

Mother Nature is dropping the colorful leaves from the trees and this is the view from my shooting window inside my house, what a great time to shoot with a new rifle.

Just over a week ago I ordered a new .22 cal Brocock Sniper XR from Chris with Airguns Of Arizona and it arrived yesterday afternoon. I did my normal cleaning of the barrel then a complete inspection of the gun, and oiling all of the moving parts and finally mounting a scope.

Right after daylight this morning I put up a 10-Meter target to do the initial zeroing of the scope and that went really well ( see 3rd photo ). Next I placed a 25-Yard MOA Score Target out at 25 yards and shot a score of 246 ( see 4th photo ) which is not too bad considering. I am satisfied with the results for first targets shot with this new rifle and hope to improve over time when I become more familiar with the nuances of this gun. I will shoot more a bit later when the sun gets higher in the sky and out of my shooting window.

As usual AOA did a nice job of setting up and testing the rifle before shipping it to me.

Wind: 5 to 10 mph w/gusts to 12mph

ThomasT

View attachment 413102View attachment 413103View attachment 413104View attachment 413105
Thomas! Congratulations and nice XMas gift to oneself! Wonderful shooter too! Enjoy getting to know her! Oh...beautiful pics and foliage.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Rained all morning so I am getting a late start for my shooting. Only shot two cards because my Niksan Ozark-TW was delivered while I was shooting. However more pellets down the barrel on the Sniper XR and the accuracy is defiantly improving with each clip.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards

ThomasT

View attachment 413697View attachment 413698
Thomas, the accuracy will just keep getting incrementally better! Nice cards sir!

• Love
Hello everyone,

Fast turn around service from DonnyFL and I received my Niksan Ozark-TW .22 cal back this afternoon (y) . All I had to do was re-install the scope and start shooting some paper targets. Shot the first target as a warm up with 5-shots on each 10-Ring and was able to place all shots in one hole. Next I shot a 10-Meter Air Gun Challenge target and was really pleased with the results. Less than 200 shots down the barrel at this time, so I am expecting big improvements in time.

ThomasTView attachment 413700View attachment 413701
Thomas, how fun receiving not one but TWO airguns in the same week! That Niksan is a shooter too!

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Thomas! Congratulations and nice XMas gift to oneself! Wonderful shooter too! Enjoy getting to know her! Oh...beautiful pics and foliage.
Hello @Ranchibi

Yes, jingle-bells ..... ho ho ho. The Brocock Sniper "style" is very new to me but I am really enjoying shooting it so far. It sure fits well in the Layman shooting bag and on my benchrest, very stable making holding a POI really nice.

I hate cold weather but man this time of the year is so beautiful around the lake, it's a shame it doesn't last longer. Hard winds and rain took about half of the leaves from the trees so they are looking a bit naked this afternoon.

Have a great weekend,
ThomasT

Thomas, how fun receiving not one but TWO airguns in the same week! That Niksan is a shooter too!
Hey again @Ranchibi

Ever since I sold the Crosman Challenger, I have been looking for a replacement in .22 caliber and with a magazine, well this rifle came with four (4) mags and it shooting pretty good also :love:

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

ThomasTView attachment 413700View attachment 413701
Looks like you got a keeper. Now onto the shooting challenge for the title! I looked quite longingly at that gun, but I really don't need another outside gun.

• Haha
Nice shooting @ThomasT and @rsfrid .

Sighted my Avenger in outside today at 20Y. It was a pretty calm today with only a slight 3 MPH wind. Tried several different pellets and today the FX18’s were the winner.
IMG_7707.jpeg

Then I took the Atomic for a spin and darned if I could get anything to group which was puzzling. It was shooting CPHPs great when I put it in the safe a few weeks ago but not very good today. It‘s noticeably colder so I crono’d the CPHPs and the speed was right where it was before @585 fps. So I started playing around with the tune and ended up shooting JSB 15.89s pretty decent at 605 fps.

IMG_7708.jpeg

IMG_7709.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid

Sighted my Avenger in outside today at 20Y. It was a pretty calm today with only a slight 3 MPH wind. Tried several different pellets and today the FX18’s were the winner.
View attachment 413704

Then I took the Atomic for a spin and darned if I could get anything to group which was puzzling. It was shooting CPHPs great when I put it in the safe a few weeks ago but not very good today. It‘s noticeably colder so I crono’d the CPHPs and the speed was right where it was before @585 fps. So I started playing around with the tune and ended up shooting JSB 15.89s pretty decent at 605 fps.

View attachment 413711
View attachment 413710
I played with my Atomic today as well. Darned thing will place Baracuda Hunters in the center bull for like 15 shots in a row then next five will be out of target entirely! I weight sorted and head sorted, but didn't help. Other days it shoots to center bull repeatedly.

View attachment 413704

View attachment 413711
View attachment 413710
Hello @igolfat8

The 18 AA's and the FX's in the Avenger looked pretty good also.

ThomasT