What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

The 13th might be unlucky for some folks but it is my lucky day for shooting the 4-Card Challenge Target Number Two. Shot it just one time and received a Perfect Score of 250 Points. Before I move on to Target Number Three, I will shot this one again to try and get a few more shots dead center. I am liking this Ozark-TW more and more and getting real good shot count with the pressure setting on High.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 800
FPE: 25.77
Wind: 0 to 3 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 415292
Well, deputy, looks like I've got my day cut out for me. Beating you this winter may be an issue! 😳😏

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT
Nice shooting @ThomasT . The way you are scoring the target is called best edge scoring. If you want to increase the challenge (to yourself) try worst edge scoring. Meaning the hole can touch inside the black line and you would receive the higher score but if the hole breaks through the black line then you would receive the next lower score. For example; 1 and 2 would score a 9 while 3 and 4 would score 10s.

• Love
Nice shooting @ThomasT . The way you are scoring the target is called best edge scoring. If you want to increase the challenge (to yourself) try worst edge scoring. Meaning the hole can touch inside the black line and you would receive the higher score but if the hole breaks through the black line then you would receive the next lower score. For example; 1 and 2 would score a 9 while 3 and 4 would score 10s.
Hello @igolfat8

I'll bet that @rsfrid / Ross put you up to this, always making my life more complicated :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :love:

OK Tim, starting tomorrow I will abide by the new rules for scoring :rolleyes: :cry:

ThomasT

Hello @igolfat8

I'll bet that @rsfrid / Ross put you up to this, always making my life more complicated :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :love:

OK Tim, starting tomorrow I will abide by the new rules for scoring :rolleyes: :cry:

ThomasT
OK @ThomasT I would NEVER suggest such a thing! I know it’s all you can do to bullseye with holes on outside of circle. To make you shoot more accurately is just not fair! Besides, you might get good at it and best me! 😅🤣😂

@ThomasT , It’s not a new rule but merely a suggestion on a different way to score that or any target. Best edge scoring is certainly fun and more forgiving and worst edge scoring can make you pull your hair out. It took me three years to get my first ever 2500 in ARA which uses worst edge scoring. It certainly does make you bear down and in the end will make you a better shooter or commit you to the funny farm :LOL::p:eek::oops::whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
@ThomasT , It’s not a new rule but merely a suggestion on a different way to score that or any target. Best edge scoring is certainly fun and more forgiving and worst edge scoring can make you pull your hair out. It took me three years to get my first ever 2500 in ARA which uses worst edge scoring. It certainly does make you bear down and in the end will make you a better shooter or commit you to the funny farm :LOL::p:eek::oops::whistle:
Hello @igolfat8

I was funning you a bit Tim. It surely will make a better shooter out of me and I always appreciate any and all help. When my new pellets get here I will keep all holes within the Black Ring (y) 😜

ThomasT

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Another near perfect day for shooting paper targets so I took advantage and shot a bunch this morning :D . I am only posting one target and that is a 4-Card Challenge, Target Number Three that I shot with the Niksan Ozark-TW. This target has Forty 10-Rings with a max score of 400 points and I have a “dual score” to post :unsure:. It appears that I shot a Score of 397 :p, however the TR Scoring Police ( Tim-Ross Scoring Police ) scored me down to 389 Points 👮‍♂️. I will defiantly have to improve on my accuracy to achieve that Perfect Score :ROFLMAO::LOL:😂.

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.111.jpg

Just a bit of plinking today. Started out shooting some really old JSB 8.44 grainers left over from the CO2 pistols. Boy, they were flier city in the HW44. So I went back to the Baracudas just to reassure myself that Old Trusty still could shoot. Shot this 9-bull card with 5 shots each bull. Only 7 yards, but MOA at 7 yards is a measily .07” center to center. I averaged about .02” over the 9 bulls — no cherry picking here. Get ready Deputy Thomas. I'm coming for ya! 😅🤣😂🫢

IMG_3021.jpeg

Just a bit of plinking today. Started out shooting some really old JSB 8.44 grainers left over from the CO2 pistols. Boy, they were flier city in the HW44. So I went back to the Baracudas just to reassure myself that Old Trusty still could shoot. Shot this 9-bull card with 5 shots each bull. Only 7 yards, but MOA at 7 yards is a measily .07” center to center. I averaged about .02” over the 9 bulls — no cherry picking here. Get ready Deputy Thomas. I'm coming for ya! 😅🤣😂🫢

View attachment 415639
Hello @rsfrid

Well Sheriff that's not too bad for a novice, just keep at it, hopefully it will come around in time :giggle::giggle::giggle:

ThomasT

• Haha
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

OK it is time for me to call it a day and let the Ozark-TW cool off. Shot another "Target Number Two" to better my last score and it does look a bit better with just 3 shots slightly off center.

Wind: 5 to10 mph

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.112.jpg

Hello everyone,

Another near perfect day for shooting paper targets so I took advantage and shot a bunch this morning :D . I am only posting one target and that is a 4-Card Challenge, Target Number Three that I shot with the Niksan Ozark-TW. This target has Forty 10-Rings with a max score of 400 points and I have a “dual score” to post :unsure:. It appears that I shot a Score of 397 :p, however the TR Scoring Police ( Tim-Ross Scoring Police ) scored me down to 389 Points 👮‍♂️. I will defiantly have to improve on my accuracy to achieve that Perfect Score :ROFLMAO::LOL:😂.

ThomasT
View attachment 415595
Another fantastic card Thomas!

• Love

View attachment 415639
Ross, I can certainly tell what pellet your HW44 likes.....😂👍...fantastic card there!

Hello everyone,

OK it is time for me to call it a day and let the Ozark-TW cool off. Shot another "Target Number Two" to better my last score and it does look a bit better with just 3 shots slightly off center.

Wind: 5 to10 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 415650
Thomas, I also would have called it quits after that superb card! Nice shooting 🤗. I shot a bit this morning but sniped a 17" huge male fruit rat last night with my Prod.

Thomas, I also would have called it quits after that superb card! Nice shooting 🤗. I shot a bit this morning but sniped a 17" huge male fruit rat last night with my Prod.
They get that big? I'd stay indoors all night if I lived out there. We don't have anything like that here, thank goodness.

Another fantastic card Thomas!
Hello @Ranchibi

Thank you, still experimenting with various "holds" on this rifle and today I believe I found the "one", it is as solid as a brick outhouse. I extended the rear stock so that the stock itself rest on some bags and not the butt.

ThomasT

Hey again @Ranchibi

OK dude remember, no pictures, then it didn't happen :ROFLMAO: , got to see pictures.

ThomasT