What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Thomas, excellent shooting and cards with your new built by you rest! Your Jedi concentration is MUCH stronger than mine!
Hello @Ranchibi

Nor sure about that Jedi stuff, but I did get lucky today. It is like what Ross / @rsfrid said, too many variable to shoot a perfect card every time. I must admit that I was trying really hard today to see if the new device would help me and it did.

ThomasT

Well, following Thomas' lead, I went ahead and shot a 6-bull card to see how small my groups could be. Lots of variables, but not too bad. I had a 0.02” center to center average over the 6 bulls. Specs on card.
IMG_3023.jpeg

Well, following Thomas' lead, I went ahead and shot a 6-bull card to see how small my groups could be. Lots of variables, but not too bad. I had a 0.02” center to center average over the 6 bulls. Specs on card.View attachment 416162
Hello @rsfrid

You make this look so easy Ross and offer some great shooting time after time (y)(y)(y)

ThomasT

Hello @rsfrid

You make this look so easy Ross and offer some great shooting time after time (y)(y)(y)

ThomasT
As I've told other shooters, I try to pre-visualize the pellet hitting the target and try to keep the pistol on target for as long as possible after pulling trigger. Less chance of muzzle movement after trigger pull, but before pellet leaves muzzle. I've been working on it with powder burners for ages.

As I've told other shooters, I try to pre-visualize the pellet hitting the target and try to keep the pistol on target for as long as possible after pulling trigger. Less chance of muzzle movement after trigger pull, but before pellet leaves muzzle. I've been working on it with powder burners for ages.
Ross, your shooting Jedi-ism is MUCH BETTER than mine....🤗

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Shot a bunch of paper targets this morning using my Niksan Ozark-TW with the newly modified Rifle Rack. I have added a “Y” Rear Support and it is Rock Solid supporting the rifle. The Support is removable by simply un-screwing it from the base plate. Holding a POI is just crazy fun and so very easy :LOL: .

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 800
FPE: 25.77
Wind: 3 to 5 mph

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.114.jpg
TBRR0120.jpg
TBRR0122a.jpg
TBRR0123.jpg

Hello everyone,

Shot a bunch of paper targets this morning using my Niksan Ozark-TW with the newly modified Rifle Rack. I have added a “Y” Rear Support and it is Rock Solid supporting the rifle. The Support is removable by simply un-screwing it from the base plate. Holding a POI is just crazy fun and so very easy :LOL: .

ThomasT
View attachment 416383View attachment 416384View attachment 416385View attachment 416386
Not too shabby! Keep it up.

Decided to shoot the NRA target this morning at 7 yds. It calls for (and is designed for) 50 feet small bore (22cal) rifle, but I shoot pistol, so 7 yards should be ok — it's much more difficult to get that center dot let alone see it! I shot a 100-10x a couple weeks ago, but I'll take 8x. I used to shoot 5-7x bulls with 22LR back in the day.

IMG_3025.jpeg

Hello @rsfrid

Thank you Ross, I am having way too much fun with this new device 😁 , I didn't realize how shaky I am trying to hold a POI on a bullseye until I started using this thing.

ThomasT
Even with a rest like that, your breathing and hand shake will still be a thing. Practice and determination can overcome a lot of it. Great shooting and nice gun.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Decided to shoot the NRA target this morning at 7 yds. It calls for (and is designed for) 50 feet small bore (22cal) rifle, but I shoot pistol, so 7 yards should be ok — it's much more difficult to get that center dot let alone see it! I shot a 100-10x a couple weeks ago, but I'll take 8x. I used to shoot 5-7x bulls with 22LR back in the day.

View attachment 416388
Hello again @rsfrid

Nice shooting on that card. I hate the all black and the black center/bulls, too hard for my poor ole eyes to see clearly even with a scope. You being a young whipper-snapper it's not a problem for you :rolleyes:

ThomasT

• Haha
Reactions: rsfrid
M16A1 target at 20 yards indoors using a 1701P with a bipod and no rear rest (urban sniper style).
The 4 squares joining the center dot make the 10 ring. All else is 0 points. Target is scored best edge with the dot having to be obliterated for an X. Course of fire is 5 targets/5 rounds per target. 1 minute to load, aim, send it and return the pistol to hands-off, followed by a one minute pause.

Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello again @rsfrid

Nice shooting on that card. I hate the all black and the black center/bulls, too hard for my poor ole eyes to see clearly even with a scope. You being a young whipper-snapper it's not a problem for you :rolleyes:

ThomasT
That's why I said the teeny little dot for center X is hard to see with a pistol. My 22LR with 45 power scope at 50 feet was just as hard. A couple of your target PDFs would benefit with hollow (white) centers so I could see the shot better.

M16A1 target at 20 yards indoors using a 1701P with a bipod and no rear rest (urban sniper style).
The 4 squares joining the center dot make the 10 ring. All else is 0 points. Target is scored best edge with the dot having to be obliterated for an X. Course of fire is 5 targets/5 rounds per target. 1 minute to load, aim, send it and return the pistol to hands-off, followed by a one minute pause.
Picture?

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 416383View attachment 416384View attachment 416385View attachment 416386
Pretty darn good there Thomas! Nice pics too!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT

View attachment 416388
Boy Ross...you and your HW are always on the same page...great card!

Thomas, what part of your body is touching the rifle when you break the shot using your new rest?
Hello @igolfat8

Full contact is only my right hand, my right cheek just barely touches the rear stock only enough to clearly view through the scope.

My breathing and heart beat do not effect my view.

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi