What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Thomas, I feel ya man! I think a lot of the deformities are shipping related. When we order from a vendor, most times they get the hecky darn beaten out of them being a parcel! If a pallet of pellets goes sideways....😢. I've found so much less issues with slugs as they are almost solid, no bent skirts...😂. Now pellets with 2 heads, 3:skirts are on the manufacturers....😳😂. In reality, I do have to use my pellet seater to round out some bent skirts in each tin of pellets, I just put them aside like you and later fix them....but lately I also have been sizing each tin and the probe usually fixes any bent skirt issues as I size each one.
Hello @Ranchibi ,

Good idea, I will try pushing them through my Sizer.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

Shot these two paper targets yesterday as part of my Pellet Test but this time using the Niksan Ozark-TW at 10-Meters. Appears the Ozark-TW is not real picky shooting any of these three pellets. Rain here today but when conditions allow I will do more testing.

Happy Holidays to all 🎅

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB, JTS, AA 18gr
FPS: 800
FPE: 25.77
Wind: 0 to 5 mph

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.118.jpg
Niksan Ozark-TW.119.jpg

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Testing out my new toy. Crosman 140 .22 cal. Ten shots rested at ten yards.

Squirrel head targets that I make myself. Head traced from actual squirrel head. I make copies off a Xerox machine.

View attachment 418370
Hello @Moog

Looks to me like a really dead squirrel (y) . That's a neat target.

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi and Moog
All I wanted for Christmas was 100-10x on the smallbore target. Got my wish this morning. HW44 177cal shooting Baracuda FT 9.57 grain pellets at 7 yds. I know the center dot is actually a 10 in matches, but with my pistol I redo the scoring so center ring is 10 instead of 9 and dot is X.

View attachment 418589
Hello @rsfrid

I hope you are the person that actually shot this card :unsure: and not Ole St. Nick 🎅 ho ho ho

ThomasT

Well done Ross (y)(y)(y)

• Haha
Reactions: rsfrid
All I wanted for Christmas was 100-10x on the smallbore target. Got my wish this morning. HW44 177cal shooting Baracuda FT 9.57 grain pellets at 7 yds. I know the center dot is actually a 10 in matches, but with my pistol I redo the scoring so center ring is 10 instead of 9 and dot is X.

View attachment 418589
Is this free hand shooting or over a rest?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT

View attachment 418589
Congrats @rsfrid , great shooting. We shoot a very similar NRA A36 target for our indoor winter 50 foot series. We score the smallest ring as a 9 and the tiny center dot is a 10 if you touch it and if you take the dot completely out it’s an X.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Congrats @rsfrid , great shooting. We shoot a very similar NRA A36 target for our indoor winter 50 foot series. We score the smallest ring as a 9 and the tiny center dot is a 10 if you touch it and if you take the dot completely out it’s an X.
Yeah that’s sort of how it went with our 22LR 50feet indoor shooting. I just modified for my purposes since I'm shooting pistol.

I got in four 40-Yard cards on XMas Eve - my gal supports my crazy addiction, lol.

Yesterday all 40-Masters cards with Crown .22. Today all 40-Challenge cards.

This is the best card today.

-Ed

View attachment 418715
Hello @EPG

Outstanding shooting on the 40-Yard target.

ThomasT