What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Reactions: beerthief
Hello everyone,

Normally I sort the Pellets when I am installing them into the magazines. This second Tin of 500 pieces JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr pellets is full of damaged Pellets and I posted a photo of some earlier in this thread. Anyway this morning I decided to load several clips straight from the Tin and even when I saw a bad Pellet that I would go ahead and load into the mag and shoot them as-is, and there were quite a few that really looked ugly. Very little wind this morning so the POI would be the result of the condition of the Pellet. The red star indicates it took more than one shot to hit the 10-Ring and on #22 it took 4 shots.

I originally purchased 5-Tins of these 500 piece JSB pellets and have shot almost all out of this second Tin. So it appears I have a lot of “picking” to do with the remaining three Tins :(:mad::cry:.

ThomasT
Bad Pellets.jpg

Hello everyone,

OK time to shoot some more paper targets after a huge Holiday Lunch. Same target that I shot earlier but this time I switched to AA Field Heavy 18gr pellets and I did cull one but after looking at it real close saw that it was OK. Shot a perfect score of 250 and the majority of the hits were well within the 10-Ring.

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.111.jpg

All I wanted for Christmas was 100-10x on the smallbore target. Got my wish this morning. HW44 177cal shooting Baracuda FT 9.57 grain pellets at 7 yds. I know the center dot is actually a 10 in matches, but with my pistol I redo the scoring so center ring is 10 instead of 9 and dot is X.

View attachment 418589
Oh YEAH Ross! Perfection! Woo Hoo!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello everyone,

OK time to shoot some more paper targets after a huge Holiday Lunch. Same target that I shot earlier but this time I switched to AA Field Heavy 18gr pellets and I did cull one but after looking at it real close saw that it was OK. Shot a perfect score of 250 and the majority of the hits were well within the 10-Ring.

ThomasT

View attachment 418882
Superb Thomas! After a huge meal, I woulda...fell asleep 😴 shooting....😂👍🎄 Merry XMas!

• Haha
It’s night and day how good pellets fly plus AA IME are better quality and more accurate in the majority of my guns too. Good chootin @ThomasT and Merry Christmas too!
Hello @igolfat8

You are so correct, and the quality of the JSB is shameful and I am NOT trying to bash JSB. I took my time to inspect each AA pellet before loading them into the Mags ( normally I do not look that closely at each pellet ) but I wanted to have a fair chance of a good score. Now I have 1500 JSB pellets yet to cull through and shoot.

Tim, I hope you and the family have a GREAT Holiday Season.

ThomasT

The BRK Atomic is no benchrest gun! It does have a high shot count and can definitely shoot 10s all day. but center X is hard for this puppy to reach. I still enjoy shooting it because of its high shot count per fill.

View attachment 419145
Hello @rsfrid

You are being a bit too hard on yourself and the pistol, that is good shooting 😁 (y).

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Good shooting Ross. How many shots do you get from yours? I get about 30 before I’m off reg on my Atomic.
I get at least 40, maybe close to 50. Mine is set for 700fps and I shoot on high TP setting. I start about 225-230 and usually shoot about 40 shots (2 cards) then hit the compressor so I've never taken it down to reg pressure.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
IMG_2983.jpeg

Mine is bone stock settings. I tuned hammer spring till I got 700 fps and have just left it on high transfer port setting. I have no idea what reg is set at - whatever factory setting. 40 shots is high to me cause I only get 10 shots (1 mag) from my HW44 before repumping it. But it only takes 20-22 pump strokes! This Atomic takes over 50 back breaking strokes or a few seconds on the compressor.

I wish I could shoot mine at 700 because I know that’s the speed this gun likes best. However, I did find another sweet spot at 585 using 15.89 domes and Hades. The transfer port really doesn’t gain you anymore shots but does affect the velocity. We bagged 224 flying rats today and I only had two misses and both were all me.

I wish I could shoot mine at 700 because I know that’s the speed this gun likes best. However, I did find another sweet spot at 585 using 15.89 domes and Hades. The transfer port really doesn’t gain you anymore shots but does affect the velocity. We bagged 224 flying rats today and I only had two misses and both were all me.
I might be shooting down below factory reg setting since I have no idea what that is. Doesn't seem to affect accuracy much.

Reactions: ThomasT