What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Great shooting @Solo1 ! Is that an OEM barrel? Do you lap or polish it first?
Ran a mop thru it and a couple of patches thats it. After shooting at 100 i did come home and give it a light polish. Also sorted some pellets. Bought it waiting for the new (old) mrds to try
That was the first real group after sighting in!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Shot a wide verity of paper targets this morning using up the last of this 500 piece Tin of pellets. Again I did not cull any pellets and the results on these two cards show several bad pellets.

I am actually not disappointed in either of these two targets because I am aware of the bad pellets and despite that fact, my rifle is still shooting all of them pretty dang good 😁 . I shot one target earlier and the POI’s were all over the place but most of those pellets looked really bad.

So I chose this next target because of the small Bullseyes and I “kind of” paid closer attention to the pellet selection and the results pretty good (y).

The next card is shooting 5-shots at each Bullseye and I just loaded the pellets without any selection and two of the pellets were missing a portion of the skirt :oops:. I cannot say for sure but look at the top two targets with the Red Star, each one had a pellet hit “sideways”and I am thinking those were the missing skirt pellets. On that second target had the pellet hit straight on, that would have been a “one hole” hit.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 800
FPE: 25.77
Wind: 5 to 15 mph with higher gust

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.123.jpg
Niksan Ozark-TW.124.jpg

Hello everyone,

Shot a wide verity of paper targets this morning using up the last of this 500 piece Tin of pellets. Again I did not cull any pellets and the results on these two cards show several bad pellets.

I am actually not disappointed in either of these two targets because I am aware of the bad pellets and despite that fact, my rifle is still shooting all of them pretty dang good 😁 . I shot one target earlier and the POI’s were all over the place but most of those pellets looked really bad.

So I chose this next target because of the small Bullseyes and I “kind of” paid closer attention to the pellet selection and the results pretty good (y).

The next card is shooting 5-shots at each Bullseye and I just loaded the pellets without any selection and two of the pellets were missing a portion of the skirt :oops:. I cannot say for sure but look at the top two targets with the Red Star, each one had a pellet hit “sideways”and I am thinking those were the missing skirt pellets. On that second target had the pellet hit straight on, that would have been a “one hole” hit.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Wind: 5 to 15 mph with higher gust

ThomasT
View attachment 420372View attachment 420373
Really not bad results from junk pellets. That rifle just chews 'em up and spits 'em out! I envy you being able to shoot any day you choose due to better weather. Oh well, I do have my basement and Ole Trusty! 😂🤣😅

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Really not bad results from junk pellets. That rifle just chews 'em up and spits 'em out! I envy you being able to shoot any day you choose due to better weather. Oh well, I do have my basement and Ole Trusty! 😂🤣😅
Hello @rsfrid

That is my point exactly Ross, this rifle is so much fun to shoot.

OK you and Dottie can become "snowbirds" and spend the winter down here in Texas with me. I will clean out the computer room and put a bed in there and ya'll can become "roomies" :giggle: . You and Dottie can work out who does the washing, cleaning and who does the cooking :confused::) . All your free time can be spent shooting (y).

ThomasT

• Haha
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Well I decided to try a test with 10 of the bad pellets and push them through my 5.53 re-sizing tool. I used 5 to zero my scope out to 25-Yards and used the other 5 to shoot the top row on this target. Hit all five of the Bullseyes, so re-sizing seems to help some 😁 .

Shot the remaining 20 Bullseyes using right out of the Tin pellets and missed 9 of the Bullseyes completely. Also did not have any 5 on a row without a complete miss :cry:.

I shot this same card using AA and had a perfect score of 250 Points.

So this tells me that I have 1500 reaming JSB pellets that I will have to re-size to have any chance to shoot a good score :mad:.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.125.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Well I decided to try a test with 10 of the bad pellets and push them through my 5.53 re-sizing tool. I used 5 to zero my scope out to 25-Yards and used the other 5 to shoot the top row on this target. Hit all five of the Bullseyes, so re-sizing seems to help some 😁 .

Shot the remaining 20 Bullseyes using right out of the Tin pellets and missed 9 of the Bullseyes completely. Also did not have any 5 on a row without a complete miss :cry:.

I shot this same card using AA and had a perfect score of 250 Points.

So this tells me that I have 1500 reaming JSB pellets that I will have to re-size to have any chance to shoot a good score :mad:.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 420415
or you can not resize them and enter the same competitions i do ?

• Love
Shot a few different pellets in my Avenger at 10M this afternoon. The red circle shows what happens when you have a DUH moment and insert a dome pellet backwards.

Top 3 rows were CPHPs. The bottom 2 rows were AA18s Which had a shift of POI to the right. The middle rows were JSB 18s.

View attachment 420465
Well, it sure cuts a clean hole! 😅🤣😂

Shot a few different pellets in my Avenger at 10M this afternoon. The red circle shows what happens when you have a DUH moment and insert a dome pellet backwards.

Top 3 rows were CPHPs. The bottom 2 rows were AA18s Which had a shift of POI to the right. The middle rows were JSB 18s.

View attachment 420465
Hello @igolfat8

Well shot card and the really clean DUH hole looks like a wadcutter 😁

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid and Solo1
Well, no more shooting the rest of this year! 😅🤣😂 My final card of the year I tried 4.51mm Baracuda FTs. I normally shoot 4.50mm. They aren't quite as tight shooting as the 4.5s but still not bad. A bunch of target tearing around the holes - I suspect they were wobbling some.

View attachment 420665
Hello @rsfrid

Well what a way to close out the year, another really well shot card (y) (y) :)

ThomasT

Well, no more shooting the rest of this year! 😅🤣😂 My final card of the year I tried 4.51mm Baracuda FTs. I normally shoot 4.50mm. They aren't quite as tight shooting as the 4.5s but still not bad. A bunch of target tearing around the holes - I suspect they were wobbling some.

View attachment 420665
Ross, still a FANTASTIC card! Happy New Year and I hope you won't wait too long to shoot in 2024....😂👍

• Love
Hello everyone,
Like Ross, this will be my last paper target that I will shoot for 2023, however I have plenty of pellets, tons of paper targets and ready for a fresh start to a New Year.

ThomasT
View attachment 420681
Thomas! Another INCREDIBLE card you shot and last for 2023! Please don't wait TOO LONG before you shoot in 2024....😂🎈

• Love