What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Oops , here is target
DCC47EC7-88C2-4A34-8D77-581556AC2164.jpeg

Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Cold front moved into my area and with it some crazy winds. I was able to shoot several targets at 10-meters with my Crosman Challenger and was able to hit all of the bullseyes in spite of the 5-12mph winds coming from all directions.

On my last target I shot 5-rounds at each Sighter and came out with two good enough for @rsfrid / Ross's One Hole Challenge.

Rifle: Crosman Challenger 2021 .177 caliber
Pellet: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr
Distance: 10-meters

ThomasT
Challenger .2.jpg

Hello everyone,

Cold front moved into my area and with it some crazy winds. I was able to shoot several targets at 10-meters with my Crosman Challenger and was able to hit all of the bullseyes in spite of the 5-12mph winds coming from all directions.

On my last target I shot 5-rounds at each Sighter and came out with two good enough for @rsfrid / Ross's One Hole Challenge.

Rifle: Crosman Challenger 2021 .177 caliber
Pellet: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr

ThomasT
View attachment 340482
Wow! Oh wow! Great little pea shooter bb gun you got there @ThomasT 😍

Hello everyone,

Beautiful blue skies and a mild 67 degrees ....... but those dog-gone March winds made for a tricky shooting day. Shot a bunch of paper but was lucky enough to get one good card with a 200 score.

Rifle: Crosman Challenger 2021 .177 cal
Pellet: H&N Sport 8.18gr

ThomasT

Crosman 1701P.3.jpg

Hello everyone,

Beautiful blue skies and a mild 67 degrees ....... but those dog-gone March winds made for a tricky shooting day. Shot a bunch of paper but was lucky enough to get one good card with a 200 score.

Pellet: H&N Sport 8.18gr

ThomasT

View attachment 340772
Still way better than I did all week so far. Went to the basement 1st time in over a week. Won't be long before I start showing you up! 😅🤣😂

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Well I said that I wasn't going to shoot anything but Wadcutter pellets in the Crosman Challenger, but the March winds forced me to change my mind. I have 20-plus mph winds this morning with another front coming through and the little "flat-nosed" pellets just could not make the 10-meter trip so I shot some JSB Match Diabolo Exact and managed to score a 200 point card. You have to look real close at number 3 but I did break the black bullseye....barely :p .

Rifle: Crosman Challenger .177 cal
Pellet: JSB Match Diabolo Exact 8.44gr

ThomasT
Challenger .3.jpg

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

At last, a day without 100mph winds and allowed me to do some 10-meter target shooting. I had ordered two new scopes over 3 weeks ago from the UK and finally received them today, so I got busy and mounted one on my Crosman Challenger 2021. It is a Vector Optics Tourex 6-24x50 FFP 30mm tube with a SCFF-19 Reticle and I really like it already. Only took 5 shots to zero it in at 10-meters and here is the first of six targets that I shot this morning. I could lay all six targets one on top of the other and the holes would almost line up, the Challenger and this scope really make for a great pair.

Pellet: RWS Super-H-Point Field Line 6.9gr
Winds: 2-4mph

ThomasT

Crosman 1701P.4.jpg
Crosman Challenger 2021.10.jpg

Hello everyone,

Starting a new post “What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today”. With Spring right around the corner we will be setting up our outdoor ranges shooting Paper Targets and other items. But I would like this thread to be exclusive shooting Paper Targets ONLY. There are a lot of really good Competition and Challenge threads on the Forum where we can offer our shot targets for the day. Here we can post all the other Paper Targets that we shoot and then share here. You can share any and all information about the target, gun, pellet, range, distance, weather conditions, etc, etc. that you wish. I am hoping this will encourage more folks to get out and shoot at least one Paper Target everyday.

I will start by offering a 25-Yard Score MOA target that I shot this morning before the rain started, with a score of 249. Used my FX Crown MK II .177 caliber rifle, with FX 13.4gr 4.52mm pellets, at 25-yards, cloudy overcast and no wind.

ThomasT

View attachment 334740
I shot a very similar paper target this morning, but mine was not as photo worthy as yours. :(

• Love
Hello everyone,

Shooting paper targets with Wadcutter pellets at 25-yards, not the most accurate combination :LOL:. Shot several targets today at 10-meters and good results, so I decided to move the target out to 25-yards and see how the Wadcutters would do at that distance. Put up a 30 Yard Challenge target and shot a score of 169 and had 2 X's. Not too bad for the little flat nose pellets at that range.

Distance: 25-yards
Wind: 2-6mph

ThomasT
Challenger .4.jpg

Hello everyone,

Shooting paper targets with Wadcutter pellets at 25-yards, not the most accurate combination :LOL:. Shot several targets today at 10-meters and good results, so I decided to move the target out to 25-yards and see how the Wadcutters would do at that distance. Put up a 30 Yard Challenge target and shot a score of 169 and had 2 X's. Not too bad for the little flat nose pellets at that range.

Distance: 25-yards
Wind: 2-6mph

ThomasT
View attachment 342765
Wadcutters are really 10 meter rounds. They lose stability after 10 meters.

• Wow
Hello everyone,

No wind this morning so I shot a stack of paper targets. This target I shot each 10-Ring 5 times instead of the normal 1 shot per. I am giving myself a score of 600 +, ( 5 times 120 = 600 ) :unsure:. The plus is Bonus Points for shooting some poor little Bug that landed on the Target, see the blood and guts in the Blue Circle:confused:.

Distance: 10-Meters
Wind: zero
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr

ThomasT
Challenger .5.jpg