What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Thomas, that's that's....INCREDIBLE shooting in 18mph! I think I would miss the WHOLE CARD in those conditions......😂
Hello @Ranchibi

Thank you, but if you look close you will see that I hit all four Cardinal Points and pretty much all points in between 😁 🤪:ROFLMAO::D

ThomasT

Shot my Avenger 22 indoors today at 10M experimenting with different pellets and rear rest set ups. Some combinations worked better than others.

IMG_7842.jpeg
IMG_7841.jpeg
IMG_7840.jpeg
IMG_7839.jpeg

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. It was a stressful day and the time shooting was some very much need lead therapy. The top 1/4” circle target was my last one for the day and I had pretty much zeroed in on one pellet and head size and it seemed to be working pretty well. This rifle certainly isn’t as accurate at 10M as the Crosman Challenger which I recently sold was but it is able to shoot longer distances more accurately than the (10M specific) Challenger.

It has been a decade since i posted my last targets. I am trying to make my way back into the sport. I had not touched my rifle in years, and needed some talc, so I sent it to Martin for a tuneup. Very appreciative of all the care he puts into his work. Mine is an old one in the series. Serial number 500 with a cut rifle barrel.
Now that the rifle is tuned…I need to work on me. Most of the time, I am limited to shooting a very short range…10 m…it is the most I can get in the environment where I live. A tiny distance I know, but the best I can do for daily practice without driving an hour to a range. I try to be as precise as possible while shooting off of a few milk crates and a Caldwell bag. The setup is a little wobbly, which forces me to relax and still my body. Here is one of many to appear as days go by, and hopefull, they will improve. Thanks for the thread Mike. It reminds me of the one started years ago by Jimmy Fussel in the shooting challenge.
Nice to be back
Mike

IMG_0041.jpeg

It has been a decade since i posted my last targets. I am trying to make my way back into the sport. I had not touched my rifle in years, and needed some talc, so I sent it to Martin for a tuneup. Very appreciative of all the care he puts into his work. Mine is an old one in the series. Serial number 500 with a cut rifle barrel.
Now that the rifle is tuned…I need to work on me. Most of the time, I am limited to shooting a very short range…10 m…it is the most I can get in the environment where I live. A tiny distance I know, but the best I can do for daily practice without driving an hour to a range. I try to be as precise as possible while shooting off of a few milk crates and a Caldwell bag. The setup is a little wobbly, which forces me to relax and still my body. Here is one of many to appear as days go by, and hopefull, they will improve. Thanks for the thread Mike. It reminds me of the one started years ago by Jimmy Fussel in the shooting challenge.
Nice to be back
Mike

View attachment 422605
Hello @manabeknives

Welcome back into the fun sport of shooting air guns and shooting paper targets. I see from the card that you attached to this thread that you gave up early from shooting all of the Bullseyes DEAD CENTER 😁 😁:D:ROFLMAO: . Wow ! Looks like you and that rifle need very little practice (y)(y)(y), most impressive. This is the very reason that I started this thread, is to get and keep folks using their airguns on a regular basis.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Not the ideal day to shoot, 40f, wet/misty, wind 10 to 15 mph so I decided to move my two Big Bang Pellet traps out next to the 10-Meter steel target. This way I will have three paper targets to shoot before I have to go and set up new ones. Using up some of the last of the old original design General Targets and used more of the “re-sized” bad JSB pellets. To my pleasant surprise I shot a total of six targets and got a 200 score on all but one. Some of these pellets almost fell through the 5.53 Tool and others barely would start to go in. None the less, the resizing definitely does help the accuracy.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 800
FPE: 25.77
Wind: 10 to 15 mph variable

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.130.jpg

Hello @manabeknives

Welcome back into the fun sport of shooting air guns and shooting paper targets. I see from the card that you attached to this thread that you gave up early from shooting all of the Bullseyes DEAD CENTER 😁 😁:D:ROFLMAO: . Wow ! Looks like you and that rifle need very little practice (y)(y)(y), most impressive. This is the very reason that I started this thread, is to get and keep folks using their airguns on a regular basis.

ThomasT
Thanks ThomasT
i have an old chrony that only keep track of 33 shots ...so i did 30 to keep it neat looking..lol

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Nice to be back
Mike

View attachment 422605
Great card! And, yes, Martin is one special person! Welcome back!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Not the ideal day to shoot, 40f, wet/misty, wind 10 to 15 mph so I decided to move my two Big Bang Pellet traps out next to the 10-Meter steel target. This way I will have three paper targets to shoot before I have to go and set up new ones. Using up some of the last of the old original design General Targets and used more of the “re-sized” bad JSB pellets. To my pleasant surprise I shot a total of six targets and got a 200 score on all but one. Some of these pellets almost fell through the 5.53 Tool and others barely would start to go in. None the less, the resizing definitely does help the accuracy.

ThomasT
View attachment 422616
Thomas, superb card with resized pellets, cold and wind! 🤗

• Love
Nice to be back
Mike

View attachment 422605
Just Wow! Nice shooting. Are you still making knives?

Last edited:
  • Love
Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 422616
Guess I have a lot of practice ahead of me to be as good as you are. Nice shooting pardner.

• Love
Guess I have a lot of practice ahead of me to be as good as you are. Nice shooting pardner.
Hello @rsfrid

Thanks Ross but I am trailing way behind your 200 - 20Xs and everybody including Tim and Mike, I'm the one that needs some practice.

I just could not get into the spirit of things this morning, these cold "tomb gray" winter days gets my mental ability down :cry: , I hate winter.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello @rsfrid

Thanks Ross but I am trailing way behind your 200 - 20Xs and everybody including Tim and Mike, I'm the one that needs some practice.

I just could not get into the spirit of things this morning, these cold "tomb gray" winter days gets my mental ability down :cry: , I hate winter.

ThomasT
Dottie and I both hate winter, yet look where we are living! Only 6 months till summer! 😂🫢

• Haha
Well, more practice on hand grip and breathing. I have an oscillating fan running next to target boxes, so that should count as windy! My goal is six little perfectly round holes on a card like this (like the bottom right bull). The center black square is 4.5mm so if I get all 5 shots inside this square, that's a one-hole group (177 cal).

IMG_3058.jpeg

Just Wow! Nice shooting. Are you still making knives?
It's even longer since i was able to pick up a hammer and pound the crap out of some steel. I'm thinking of re-locating soon to a place where i can do some forging. Found some old blades i can finish, just don't have the room to throw a belt on the grinder. Hopefully soon. Thanks for asking.
Mike

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Well, more practice on hand grip and breathing. I have an oscillating fan running next to target boxes, so that should count as windy! My goal is six little perfectly round holes on a card like this (like the bottom right bull). The center black square is 4.5mm so if I get all 5 shots inside this square, that's a one-hole group (177 cal).

View attachment 422669
Hello @rsfrid

Are you shooting SQUARE pellets ???? :unsure:

ThomasT