What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Great card Thomas! Moving 🎯 is like death to me...😂! Awesome shooting and I am glad the wimd changed directions for ya! I woke up early to plink because rain was forecasted and yup, it is raining now but got my trigger time in....oh yeah! 🤗
Hello @Ranchibi

OK, so you say you shot some paper today ....... hummmm, no pictures then it didn't happen 😁 :p:ROFLMAO:

ThomasT

Hi all,
well, this giant mess is my first attempt at finding the right projectile for my rifle at 100 yards. Shots up and down, left and right.. I got a lot of work ahead. Tried a variety of slugs; H&N,FX,NSA,Zan, and patriots. I forgot to bring a chrony, so I am not positive on all the speeds. I am using a RAW hM10000X .22 with a cut rifle barrel( not choked). The patriots were not to my rifles liking, so at least that one is eliminated from further tests. The ones I will continuing testing are the H&N slug HP II, the FX hybrids and the NSA 20.2g. I still need to get a few more in varied sizes. Speed was around 890-900 fps. Will try next with a higher speed and see if any tighten up. This is gonna take some time. I am thinking of getting another regulator from Martin so that I have one for slugs and the other for pellets. The journey begins.

IMG_0062.jpeg

Hi all,
well, this giant mess is my first attempt at finding the right projectile for my rifle at 100 yards. Shots up and down, left and right.. I got a lot of work ahead. Tried a variety of slugs; H&N,FX,NSA,Zan, and patriots. I forgot to bring a chrony, so I am not positive on all the speeds. I am using a RAW hM10000X .22 with a cut rifle barrel( not choked). The patriots were not to my rifles liking, so at least that one is eliminated from further tests. The ones I will continuing testing are the H&N slug HP II, the FX hybrids and the NSA 20.2g. I still need to get a few more in varied sizes. Speed was around 890-900 fps. Will try next with a higher speed and see if any tighten up. This is gonna take some time. I am thinking of getting another regulator from Martin so that I have one for slugs and the other for pellets. The journey begins.

View attachment 427217
Hello @manabeknives

Yep trying to find the "perfect" pellet for 100-Yards can be a challenge. I am attaching a pdf file of my 100-Yard MOA paper target that should help you.

ThomasT

View attachment moa-100 yard.pdf

Hi all,

View attachment 427217
Mike, looks like you got some INCREDIBLE groups on some shots with slugs and pellets! From my experience with slugs, an almost perfect sight picture is needed for each shot in order to get pellet accuracy, something I am terrible at reproducing usually....😂. Oh...and looks like you got your probe and foster spring issues remedied! Woo Hoo!

@ThomasT , have you used that target at 100y? @Centercut published a 5 bull EBR type target a few years ago and it was easier for my eyes to see the larger bulls. I think his overall outer ring size was 3-4"? Your target appears to have 1" circles? In a perfect world I'd love to be able to aim and hit 1" circles all day long but that's not happening for me on any regularity ;(

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
@ThomasT , have you used that target at 100y? @Centercut published a 5 bull EBR type target a few years ago and it was easier for my eyes to see the larger bulls. I think his overall outer ring size was 3-4"? Your target appears to have 1" circles? In a perfect world I'd love to be able to aim and hit 1" circles all day long but that's not happening for me on any regularity ;(
Hello @igolfat8

Yes I have used it quite a lot. Here is what I do with a new rifle that I am trying to have it shoot 100-yard MOA.
First I start with this target :
25-50 Yard MOA.jpg

I start off shooting at 25-Yards and once I find the pellet that shoots MOA at 25-Yards, I then move the target out to 50-Yards. Again I will shoot and adjust until I get the rifle to shoot MOA at 50-yards.

Remember taking into account any wind conditions at 50-Yards, I do not consider a "MOA" card unless I hit within the "circle" at least 8 out of the 10. If I am testing on a no wind or almost no wind day then I consider the rifle ready to move out to the 100-Yard targets.

Out at 100-Yards, if I can get at least 25 out of the 30 within the "circle" ( and no or almost no wind ) then I am pleased with the results. Shooting a "single" shot at a "single" circle / bullseye is for me the best way to evaluate the rifle and the pellet. This procedure may not work for others.

Hope this makes sense,
ThomasT

Reactions: igolfat8