What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

More rain and wind this morning but I did get to shoot two paper targets and they were carbon copies. I have designed and built a new Precision Rifle Rest and it has been a pain for me not being able to shoot a bunch of target with it the last 10-days. I will post a complete review of it under the “Benchrest Threads” today. But here is my paper target for the day.

Here is the link to my review: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/rifle-rest-custom-precision-one-of-a-kind.1305332/

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr Resized 5.53
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 15 mph with rain

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.124.jpg

Last edited:
We need to make those circles smaller for you...lol...Perfect!
Mike
Hello everyone,

OK @manabeknives / Mike, “Ask and ye shall receive”. The center black Dot is exactly .125" ( 1/8" ) in diameter ........... Oh I’m sorry, I shot them all out :ROFLMAO: :love:😁

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.125.jpg

View attachment 428841View attachment 428840Well, no shoveling today, so I decided to shoot instead. For some reason the holes are pretty ragged today. Think I need a new cardboard backer behind the cards. These are shot with the HW44 pistol (177 cal) at 7 yards in my basement.
Hello @rsfrid

Yep it looks like your cardboard is shot :ROFLMAO: , awh come on now, that is funny.

No matter the ragged part, they are still "one-holers" , great shooting.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
  • Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

OK the sun is out and the wind has died down a bit to 5 to 10 mph so I set a paper target out at 25-Yards and here it is, not perfect but close 😁 😁 😁

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.126.jpg

Hello everyone,

Trying to get in some paper target shooting this week has been rough. Three days below freezing in the teens, then one nice day, and heavy rain for the last four days. I had to rush shooting this target to keep it from getting too wet but got it in just before another down pour.

Wind: 5 to 10 mph with rain

ThomasT

View attachment 428511
Thomas, great card in wintery conditions! 🤗

• Love
  • Love
Went back to the range for another session of “Find the right Slug” for my RAW .22 cut-rifle barrel. The lighter slugs are doing better than the heavier slugs at the current settings. Since the regulator in not external, it makes the adjustments kinda slow. So far, the NSA 2o.2g slugs and the FX hybrids (figures my rifle likes expensive food), are grouping nicely. I only did 1 grouping of the FX because I really didn’t have that many. I have some more on the way. They had the best group (A) .63 ctc @100 yards. The NSA’s initial groups were (B).93 and (C) .90 ctc. I made a small increase to the hammer and shoot next group (D).71 ctc.
More slugs for testing are on the way, probably the last batch I will order for tests.
I really need to find a rifle that likes all the pellets and slugs that the RAW doesn’t !
Mike

View attachment 428669
Nice groups and testing/tuning Mike! LOL....sounds like a plan to find another gun that'll shoot the ammo your RAW doesn't like....😂👍! I think a Taipan Vet2 Bottle 700mm non choked CZ would fit that requirement....😂👍, not enabling by any stretch of anyone's imagination...😌

Hello everyone,

OK the sun is out and the wind has died down a bit to 5 to 10 mph so I set a paper target out at 25-Yards and here it is, not perfect but close 😁 😁 😁

Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 428888
Thomas, I am glad the weather relented for you to get this great card in! I had to wait an additional 3 hours because of non forecasted rain here in sunny CA....😂. Was mostly shooting slugs and playing with scope. Here is a 40 shot splatter burst I was sending NSA at then shot this 12 o'clock-3-6-9 @ the end.....20yds.

IMG_7184.jpeg

Hello everyone,

More rain and wind this morning but I did get to shoot two paper targets and they were carbon copies. I have designed and built a new Precision Rifle Rest and it has been a pain for me not being able to shoot a bunch of target with it the last 10-days. I will post a complete review of it under the “Benchrest Threads” today. But here is my paper target for the day.

Here is the link to my review: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/rifle-rest-custom-precision-one-of-a-kind.1305332/

Wind: 5 to 15 mph with rain

ThomasT

View attachment 428790
Fantastic card Thomas! Rain rain go away....😂

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Thomas, I am glad the weather relented for you to get this great card in! I had to wait an additional 3 hours because of non forecasted rain here in sunny CA....😂. Was mostly shooting slugs and playing with scope. Here is a 40 shot splatter burst I was sending NSA at then shot this 12 o'clock-3-6-9 @ the end.....20yds.

View attachment 428897
Hello @Ranchibi

Very nice grouping (y), 37 shots in one hole.

Yeah we were supposed to have clear skies this morning but just more rain. The good news is that this will fill up the lake.

ThomasT

Final target of the day for the notos
I was filling to 3k and shooting 12 rnds. I decided to 3300 and got the best groups.
9R was the best 3 shot group of the day.
My Chinese chrony went dead mid day and I can’t find the charger
Hawk 3-12 Airmax
The last I recorded the 16gr were going about 715 fps
First part of the day I used a 0db 110C
Best groups came with a DonnyFL Sumo

1L- Hades
1R- JTS 18gr wadcutter
2R- AA 16 gr
2R- JSB 18 gr
3L - JTS 16 gr
3R- Crosman 19 gr
4L - Unk
4R - JSB 25gr
9L&R - AA 16 gr.

IMG_2322.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Cold, misty and a light wind but I decided to shoot some 25-yard paper targets this morning despite the weather conditions. Shot several warm up targets and then put out a 25-Yard MOA Target to see how well the Ozark-TW would do. I did not actually time this card but I’m sure it took at least 10-minutes to shoot it because I was paying really close attention to adjusting my new Precision Rifle Rest. The Tactical style stock does feel and handle differently than a Standard stock.

Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13ge resized to 5.53
FPS: 800
FPE: 25.77
Wind: 2 to 5 mph

ThomasT

Niksan Ozark-TW.135.jpg

Hello everyone,

Cold, misty and a light wind but I decided to shoot some 25-yard paper targets this morning despite the weather conditions. Shot several warm up targets and then put out a 25-Yard MOA Target to see how well the Ozark-TW would do. I did not actually time this card but I’m sure it took at least 10-minutes to shoot it because I was paying really close attention to adjusting my new Precision Rifle Rest. The Tactical style stock does feel and handle differently than a Standard stock.

Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13ge resized to 5.53
FPS: 800
FPE: 25.77
Wind: 2 to 5 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 429111
Wowza! That's some fine shootin' right thar!