What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Final target of the day for the notos
I was filling to 3k and shooting 12 rnds. I decided to 3300 and got the best groups.
9R was the best 3 shot group of the day.
My Chinese chrony went dead mid day and I can’t find the charger
Hawk 3-12 Airmax
The last I recorded the 16gr were going about 715 fps
First part of the day I used a 0db 110C
Best groups came with a DonnyFL Sumo

1L- Hades
1R- JTS 18gr wadcutter
2R- AA 16 gr
2R- JSB 18 gr
3L - JTS 16 gr
3R- Crosman 19 gr
4L - Unk
4R - JSB 25gr
9L&R - AA 16 gr.

View attachment 429206

I was filling to 3k and shooting 12 rnds. I decided to 3300 and got the best groups.
Hawk 3-12 Airmax

1L- Hades
1R- JTS 18gr wadcutter
2R- AA 16 gr
2R- JSB 18 gr
3L - JTS 16 gr
3R- Crosman 19 gr
4L - Unk
4R - JSB 25gr
9L&R - AA 16 gr.

View attachment 429206

Saved the best for the last row! Don't ya love it when your testing pays off! Much better results than i had with my tests.
Mike

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Cold, misty and a light wind but I decided to shoot some 25-yard paper targets this morning despite the weather conditions. Shot several warm up targets and then put out a 25-Yard MOA Target to see how well the Ozark-TW would do. I did not actually time this card but I’m sure it took at least 10-minutes to shoot it because I was paying really close attention to adjusting my new Precision Rifle Rest. The Tactical style stock does feel and handle differently than a Standard stock.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13ge resized to 5.53
FPS: 800
FPE: 25.77
Wind: 2 to 5 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 429111
It's all Thomas's fault for making me want to buy an Ozark ...must resist..but he's making it very difficult!! Awesome shooting Thomas
Mike

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Went back to the range for more slug testing…kinda depressing day. No clear choices this round. Knew this was going to be a long process, so I got the unlimited range membership. I will adjusts the speeds and try again. Used some NSA slugs 25g- 28g. I don’t think they had enough spin to stabilize at the current settings. Anyways, here’s the mess..sometimes testing goes well..sometimes it doesn’t.
Mike

IMG_0074.jpeg

• Love
It's all Thomas's fault for making me want to buy an Ozark ...must resist..but he's making it very difficult!! Awesome shooting Thomas
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

Hey it's not my fault, but if you do get weak tell Izzy to tune it like he did for mine.

ThomasT

Hawk 3-12 Airmax

1L- Hades
1R- JTS 18gr wadcutter
2R- AA 16 gr
2R- JSB 18 gr
3L - JTS 16 gr
3R- Crosman 19 gr
4L - Unk
4R - JSB 25gr
9L&R - AA 16 gr.

View attachment 429206

9R is definitely the pellet (AA 16gr)! Excellent group!

• Love
Hello everyone,

Cold, misty and a light wind but I decided to shoot some 25-yard paper targets this morning despite the weather conditions. Shot several warm up targets and then put out a 25-Yard MOA Target to see how well the Ozark-TW would do. I did not actually time this card but I’m sure it took at least 10-minutes to shoot it because I was paying really close attention to adjusting my new Precision Rifle Rest. The Tactical style stock does feel and handle differently than a Standard stock.

ThomasT

View attachment 429111
Thomas, a most excellent card in those conditions! Your rest is, well, AWESOME shows on that card!

• Love
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 429111
Looks like you are getting the hang of it. Nice card!

• Love
Thomas, a most excellent card in those conditions! Your rest is, well, AWESOME shows on that card!
Hello @Ranchibi

Thank you and no doubt about it the Rifle Rest makes a "rifle" a lot better. I'm taking my time using the Rifle Rest and trying to learn from each shot that I make. All the things ( breathing, hold, etc., etc. ) that you normally do when shooting I am doing with this new unit. However the HUGE difference is how solid the rifle is and how it stays "on target" vs when shooting from a bi-pod or bags. This "thing" is sure a lot of fun to use.

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
Looks like you are getting the hang of it. Nice card!
Hello @igolfat8

I am feeling a lot more comfortable with each time that I use it but still learning. There is a big difference between a "standard stock" vs a "tactical style". The standard stock when in place just does not move even after cocking, but the tactical style just does not have as much "friction" surface so it is not quite as solid. I made a slight modification to the Tactical Yoke and that has helped a lot.

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

Thank you and no doubt about it the Rifle Rest makes a "rifle" a lot better. I'm taking my time using the Rifle Rest and trying to learn from each shot that I make. All the things ( breathing, hold, etc., etc. ) that you normally do when shooting I am doing with this new unit. However the HUGE difference is how solid the rifle is and how it stays "on target" vs when shooting from a bi-pod or bags. This "thing" is sure a lot of fun to use.

ThomasT
Like you Thomas, stability and breathing helps so much by minimizing movement! Ross turned me on to Mini Lab Jacks for the rear rest and it helps me exponentially which isn't saying much...😂! But your rest is VAULT LIKE! I can imagine movement is almost negligible! 🤗

• Love
Hello everyone,

Another cold misty morning and not good for shooting paper targets but I decided to test shoot some AA 18gr pellets with the Ozark-TW. Out of 40 targets there are 7 that were a close miss or just barely on the ring, so appears the Ozark doesn’t like that AA’s. I still have about 10 more pellets to test with this rifle but will wait for a perfect day where I can shoot them all in one period.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Pellets: AA 18gr resized to 5.53
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.136.jpg

Broke out the Revere on this windy day. Not bad considering. Always a pleasure shooting the revere.

Range: Outdoor 25 yard
Rifle: Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari 177 regulated
Scope: Sightron SII 36x
Pellets: JSB Monster 13.43 gr
FPS: 770
FPE: 18
Wind: 16 mph 24 mph gusts

View attachment 429428
The Revere/Regals from Daystate are the best sporter PCP's in my humble opinion! So ergonomic, light, comfortable and yup, ACCURATE and reliable as anything out there! Fantastic card 🤗!

Broke out the Revere on this windy day. Not bad considering. Always a pleasure shooting the revere.

View attachment 429428
Hello @Florida_Man

That is a very good card considering the high wind condition.

ThomasT

View attachment 429428
Break one out of storage and it still does that to a card! Nice wind cheating shooter you have with that Revere.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
OK, just to join the fun, I shot 2 cards with my HW44. One was with FX 10.3 grain unsorted and the other with Baracuda FT 9.57 grain. My feeling is that nothing can beat the HW44/Baracuda FT combo. If I were shooting FT, that's the combo I'd use — at least with this particular pistol.

IMG_3073.jpeg

IMG_3074.jpeg

OK, just to join the fun, I shot 2 cards with my HW44. One was with FX 10.3 grain unsorted and the other with Baracuda FT 9.57 grain. My feeling is that nothing can beat the HW44/Baracuda FT combo. If I were shooting FT, that's the combo I'd use — at least with this particular pistol.

View attachment 429458

View attachment 429459
Hello @rsfrid

Yes I can see the difference, BUT, they are so close. I also know if you shot 10 cards with both pellets that the Baracuda would be the best, BUT, you are just a "picky ole dude" :ROFLMAO: 😁 :rolleyes:.

Ross you have mastered that Pistol, that is some excellent shooting (y)(y)(y)

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid