What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

20240127_151346.jpg

Hello @rsfrid

Yes I can see the difference, BUT, they are so close. I also know if you shot 10 cards with both pellets that the Baracuda would be the best, BUT, you are just a "picky ole dude" :ROFLMAO: 😁 :rolleyes:.

Ross you have mastered that Pistol, that is some excellent shooting (y)(y)(y)

ThomasT
I confess — I am picky. I don't have 25 or 50 yards handy to shoot. I don't have coyotes to shoot at. I'm stuck indoors for the winter. So how can I push myself to do better? I just try to keep getting Xs and teeny groups. Guess I could shoot flies 🤔😏🫢

OK, just to join the fun, I shot 2 cards with my HW44. One was with FX 10.3 grain unsorted and the other with Baracuda FT 9.57 grain. My feeling is that nothing can beat the HW44/Baracuda FT combo. If I were shooting FT, that's the combo I'd use — at least with this particular pistol.

View attachment 429458

View attachment 429459
Ross, 2 fantastic cards and yes, the Barracuda's are the one! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
@ThomasT I see you mentioned that you re-sized your AA’s to 5.53. I’ve never had any success shooting re-sized pellets. May I suggest that you shoot 10 straight from the tin and 10 from your sizing die and see if you can discern any accuracy differences? You may or may not learn something but I suppose it boils down to what your pipe prefers?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
@ThomasT I see you mentioned that you re-sized your AA’s to 5.53. I’ve never had any success shooting re-sized pellets. May I suggest that you shoot 10 straight from the tin and 10 from your sizing die and see if you can discern any accuracy differences? You may or may not learn something but I suppose it boils down to what your pipe prefers?
Hello @igolfat8

Normally I do not resize any pellet that does shoot OK from the Tin. However this last box ( 5 Tins of 500 pieces ) of JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr are absolutely floor sweepings. I posted photos of them some time ago and they are really bad. So I have been re-sizing all of the JSB and they are shooting "just OK", but I still have two more tins. Anyway I did shoot 5 of the AA's right out of the Tin and then shot 5 that I re-sized and it was too close to tell which was better. I know 5 shots is not a fair test. While it was raining I re-sized four mags of the AA and that is why I shot this target. I will re-shoot this target with the AA's right out of the Tin to give them a fair test. Thanks for the good advice, I wasn't fully thinking on this one :rolleyes: :unsure::sleep:

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Cold and windy but no rain so I tried to shoot a couple of paper targets this morning. I tried some AA 18gr pellets right out of the Tin as suggested by @igolfat8 and it looks like they did shoot better than when I re-sized some. I will shoot these again in better conditions.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Niksan Ozark-TW .22 caliber
Scope: Vector Optics, Tourex 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: AA 18gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 10 to 20 mph

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.137.jpg

Hello everyone,

Cold and windy but no rain so I tried to shoot a couple of paper targets this morning. I tried some AA 18gr pellets right out of the Tin as suggested by @igolfat8 and it looks like they did shoot better than when I re-sized some. I will shoot these again in better conditions.

Pellets: AA 18gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 10 to 20 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 429682
Tim is a fantastic competition shooter and knows what he's talking about! Great card in the wind Thomas!

Your verticals look very consistent, which is a good thing. Only the wind to factor in now. Good shooting Thomas.

BTW, put your bent skirts in a separate tin. Then shoot those later and good barrels will usually surprise you.
Hello @igolfat8

These AA's just do not have bad looking pellets. I think I have had one bent skirt out of two Tins and I just started on my third Tin. Thanks for the help Tim.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Sun came out and the wind let up a bit so I had to shoot several more paper targets. Wind was from the right almost 90 degrees to my range.

Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr Re-sized to 5.53
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 10 to 15 mph

ThomasT
Niksan Ozark-TW.138.jpg

Hello everyone,

OK just one more target but changing rifles. That #9 bullseye, I felt the pellet resist going into the breach and my fault that I didn’t shoot it off target :mad::(:mad:

Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr Resized 5.53

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.127.jpg

Hello everyone,

OK just one more target but changing rifles. That #9 bullseye, I felt the pellet resist going into the breach and my fault that I didn’t shoot it off target :mad::(:mad:

Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr Resized 5.53

ThomasT
View attachment 429760
Thomas, I am glad the weather broke so you could shoot both of these very nice cards above!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Brr it’s snowing here and I’m a wuss.
Hello @igolfat8

Well I guess I will have to build a bunkhouse on my property so you and Ross @rsfrid can come spend the winter months down here. Man-o man, letting a little white stuff stop you from spending the day out side. I braved the cold here this morning (43f) and walked all the way out to my 10-Meter range to put up a target and ran back into my house to shoot :love:

ThomasT

Reactions: igolfat8
Sun's out here and in the 30s 🥶

So I shot for a while in the basement — remembered to turn off the fan (the constant wind out of 10 to 2 oclock). I can still trust the HW44 to not disappoint—

View attachment 429782
Ross, you and your HW44 are one with the Air-Force, Jedi like in accuracy! A most excellent card sir!