What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Sun's out here and in the 30s 🥶

So I shot for a while in the basement — remembered to turn off the fan (the constant wind out of 10 to 2 oclock). I can still trust the HW44 to not disappoint—

View attachment 429782
Hello @rsfrid

That is a beautiful card 😁 (y)

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Happy snowie rainie Sunday

20240128_162419.jpg

20240128_162402.jpg

Hello everyone,

OK just one more target but changing rifles. That #9 bullseye, I felt the pellet resist going into the breach and my fault that I didn’t shoot it off target :mad::(:mad:

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr Resized 5.53
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 10 to 15 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 429760
Nice shooting brother when I grow up I want to be like you lol

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hi all,
Back at 100yrds, just using pellets this time. These are weighed. I have to say it was a head scratcher day. The rifle is on target 4 shots, then a wild one. Back on target…then off for a shot. I tried sizing…but no difference. Don’t get me wrong, the rifle is an excellent shooter, it just may not be the right one for 100yrd bench. Not going to give up…a few more to test..then I guess I will slow it all down and start the climb til I exhaust my options…then but another rifle :unsure: .22 can be so difficult at times:LOL: Tried Thomas’s target…it helped me. Thanks.
Wish I can show just awesome looking 1 hole results, but this is my reality
Mike

IMG_0075.jpeg

100 Yards isn’t easy for most, well certainly not for me. Are you shooting over flags or just aiming at a bull and hoping for the best result?
it's an indoor range ..can't set up for flags ..they do have a heavy ventilation sytem going. Always hoping for best results :giggle: I'll try to take a sighter along the line to see which way it's pushing and adjust from there.

Hi all,
Back at 100yrds, just using pellets this time. These are weighed. I have to say it was a head scratcher day. The rifle is on target 4 shots, then a wild one. Back on target…then off for a shot. I tried sizing…but no difference. Don’t get me wrong, the rifle is an excellent shooter, it just may not be the right one for 100yrd bench. Not going to give up…a few more to test..then I guess I will slow it all down and start the climb til I exhaust my options…then but another rifle :unsure: .22 can be so difficult at times:LOL: Tried Thomas’s target…it helped me. Thanks.
Mike

View attachment 429912
Hello @manabeknives

Maybe you are doing a little bit better than you think. I do not know your wind conditions so I cannot factor that into your target. However look at how I "boxed" in several of your POI's. I also realize that you were shooting Left to Right but you have quite a few MOA's on this card. With that stated, the rifle and the pellet are not in tune with each other.

Tim / @igolfat8 maybe can see something on this card that will help you.

ThomasT

1=Mike.jpg

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
Hello @manabeknives

Maybe you are doing a little bit better than you think. I do not know your wind conditions so I cannot factor that into your target. However look at how I "boxed" in several of your POI's. I also realize that you were shooting Left to Right but you have quite a few MOA's on this card. With that stated, the rifle and the pellet are not in tune with each other.

Tim / @igolfat8 maybe can see something on this card that will help you.

ThomasT

View attachment 429941
Hello again @manabeknives

Wow, indoors and no wind, then my analysis is of no help.

ThomasT

Even though you are shooting indoors there is likely some positive or negative pressure to deal with but without flags you really don’t know what the air exchange is doing. They sell a powdered smoke in a squeeze bottle that may be helpful to visually see what the air movement is doing?

Usually vertical misses are on the shooter and horizontal can be trigger or wind, but not always. Watch your cross hairs at the moment you break the shot. Do they move, do they remain precisely where you aimed or are they aligned with the projectiles POI?

Last edited:
wasn't aware of any lift in barrel. will take better notice of it the next range session. Unfortunately, i cannot enter the shooting lanes to do a smoke test. I can notice the venting close to me when people are using powder burners. But i can't see how it is venting by the targets. I do know it is rather fast. Appreciate the insight.
Mike

Reactions: ThomasT
Hi all,
Mike

View attachment 429912
Mike! Great 100yd cards! Remember with the MRD's you will get fliers....these need to be weighed and SIZED....😂👍. These have the greatest discrepancy in head size and weight than all of JSB's .22 offerings, so you actually have a phenomenal 100yd .22 RAW! YES! 👏🏻 In tandem with what Thomas said above, you have great marksmanship! Your RAW is still settling in 👍

wasn't aware of any lift in barrel. will take better notice of it the next range session. Unfortunately, i cannot enter the shooting lanes to do a smoke test. I can notice the venting close to me when people are using powder burners. But i can't see how it is venting by the targets. I do know it is rather fast. Appreciate the insight.
Mike
Air movement close to your gun is FAR more important than the airflow at the target.

• Wow
Reactions: manabeknives