What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

Absolutely dead calm this morning with overcast skies and perfect conditions for shooting some paper targets. Aired up the Crosman Challenger and with these conditions you almost can expect to shoot carbon copies out of four targets. Got really close to all Black except for 4 and 9, this is some really fun shooting.

Rifle: Crosman Challenger
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr
Distance: 10-Meters
Wind: zero

ThomasT
Challenger .13.jpg

Hello everyone,

Absolutely dead calm this morning with overcast skies and perfect conditions for shooting some paper targets. Aired up the Crosman Challenger and with these conditions you almost can expect to shoot carbon copies out of four targets. Got really close to all Black except for 4 and 9, this is some really fun shooting.

ThomasT
View attachment 349990
Fantastic! A few of those are just about perfect!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Fantastic! A few of those are just about perfect!
Hello @rsfrid

It is like you have said before about 5 shots in one hole, there is always that fifth pellet that refuses to go in the same hole.

Shot four targets and on every one there were a couple pellets that just refused to play the game 😵 , I call them bad apples :ROFLMAO: and other words 🤬

ThomasT

• Haha
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 349990
Nice! If you don’t mind saying, where did you buy that target?

• Love
Reactions: jetpopt
Great shooting Thomas. Do you have any suggestions for adding a picatinny rail to the Challenger’s rail? I’d like to mount a bipod to mine. I got the pipe clean and mounted a scope but that’s as far as I’ve got so far. The spring is really stout on the trigger so I’ll likely tear into it and replace it with a lighter spring.

• Love
Great shooting Thomas. Do you have any suggestions for adding a picatinny rail to the Challenger’s rail? I’d like to mount a bipod to mine. I got the pipe clean and mounted a scope but that’s as far as I’ve got so far. The spring is really stout on the trigger so I’ll likely tear into it and replace it with a lighter spring.
Hello @igolfat8

Tim I have seen an adapter that connects to the Bottom Rail on the Challenger and give you the Picatinny Rail. Let me try and find that link and I will post it back here.

Before you install a new spring, have you tried to adjust it down?

Here is the link:

@igolfat8

Does this work for you, let me know.

ThomasT

Last edited:
Reactions: igolfat8
I’ve adjusted the two screws in harmony and makes it break sooner or later and or with more or less first stage take up but neither adjustment doesnt reduce the amount of force to break the trigger. It only adjusts where it breaks in the travel of the trigger.

And yes, I’d appreciate if you can find that link. Thanks!

• Love
Well shot my 25 cal RAW at 25 yards indoors today at our sportsman's club. Shot a IBS Rimfire 50 yard card but at 25 yards. Still a challenge. Scored 250 with 11 Xs. By the way there is a 5 shot group on one of the sighting targets, just because!

View attachment 350351
Hello @rsfrid

Beautiful card and I do see the 5-shot group (y)(y), that's pretty darn good.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Finally found time to sight my Challenger in outdoors at 20 yards. It was windy here so I am not passing judgement on the accuracy yet. I still have to lighten the trigger somehow as it is very hard to pull. It does break crisply but it’s quite easy to pull the sights (and shot) off by the firm trigger.

It certainly desont take much wind to move these little 8 grain boogers off course. This is my first 177 in 20+ years and my first 177 PCP.

F4ED2A19-FE2F-4825-97F6-252D06FA27DF.jpeg
11405987-DBBC-4652-8D93-C5A77818C41B.jpeg
757FE74F-180C-4E07-9C56-DEDC61F31623.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Finally found time to sight my Challenger in outdoors at 20 yards. It was windy here so I am not passing judgement on the accuracy yet. I still have to lighten the trigger somehow as it is very hard to pull. It does break crisply but it’s quite easy to full the sights off by the firm trigger.

It certainly desont take much wind to move these little 8 grain boogers off course. This is my first 177 in 20+ years and my first 177 PCP.

View attachment 350478View attachment 350479View attachment 350477
Hello @igolfat8

Man you were fighting a bit too much wind to get a good reading / grouping. The H&N Final Match is the one my rifle likes best and it looks like a good group for you considering the wind. The JSB Match also looks good.

I know you have already cleaned the bore, but I found my rifle likes a clean bore. I am running a Swab down the bore and then couple Patches once every day now.

Standing by for more updates.
ThomasT