What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

Completely opposite weather from yesterday, today light mist on and off and high winds. At times the wind blowing through the trees sounds like the surf down on the Gulf. However I was able to shoot one card this morning and considering the conditions not too bad with a score of 245 out of a possible 250. It took me probably 10 minutes to shoot because of the pausing for the wind. Well one card shot is better than no card shot :D

Rifle: Brocock Commander XR .177
Pellet: JSB Exact Match Heavy 10.43gr
Distance: 25-Yards
Wind: too much

ThomasT
Brocock Commander XR .4.jpg

Reactions: Headshots
Our weather turned to crap today so I stayed inside this afternoon and did a trigger job on my Crosman Challenger. Went from 5 lbs 14 ounces to 2.5 ounces and now I am a happy camper. The safety is fully functional and bump tested. Set up on my wobbly bench with front and rear bags and tested a few pellets at 10 meters.

55DF8098-CEA4-49CF-8306-EEC8CFA5CF01.jpeg

My targets are .25” inside the black lines.

61C28EB2-B2FD-4723-8390-1B6B979FDC13.jpeg

I started out with a clean bore and at 68 shots the accuracy went south. Cleaned the pipe and accuracy returned.
F15066FB-0237-4A44-87A0-47FCB918BC94.jpeg

Our weather turned to crap today so I stayed inside this afternoon and did a trigger job on my Crosman Challenger. Went from 5 lbs 14 ounces to 2.5 ounces and now I am a happy camper. The safety is fully functional and bump tested. Set up on my wobbly bench with front and rear bags and tested a few pellets at 10 meters.

View attachment 350708

My targets are .25” inside the black lines.

View attachment 350709

I started out with a clean bore and at 68 shots the accuracy went south. Cleaned the pipe and accuracy returned.
View attachment 350707
Hello @igolfat8

Ohhhhh 2.5 ounces you have no trigger, that is a short fuse 😛 . Now that is some good shooting. So your rifle also likes a clean bore. Looks like the Champions Choice has a bit better group.

ThomasT

@ThomasT, Even at 2.5 ounces it still has the same glass rod break feel as before but a whole bunch lighter pull ;)

I think the JSB Exact 4.52 has some promise too. I only shot a few of those before I ran out of time but I will try those again soon.

I’ll feel a lot more confident after I get the pic rail adapter and mounted on a bipod.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Lot's of sunshine in Central GA today. We have been waiting for several months for good weather and a marathon shoot using a collection of 30 Yard Challenge sheets. Each vertical column was shot with a different caliber and/or rifle. 288 shots + sighters and a few do-overs for loose scope rings. I will label each and post a 2nd photo in a few days. When retired, I might have time to score each sheet.

20230423_174916.jpg

Lot's of sunshine in Central GA today. We have been waiting for several months for good weather and a marathon shoot using a collection of 30 Yard Challenge sheets. Each vertical column was shot with a different caliber and/or rifle. 288 shots + sighters and a few do-overs for loose scope rings. I will label each and post a 2nd photo in a few days. When retired, I might have time to score each sheet.

View attachment 350777
Hello @LessMundane

I thought that I sometimes shot a bunch of 30-Yard Challenge targets, but you are the King ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐, sure hope you find the time to score all of them. This will be most interesting to see any patterns develop.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Beautiful morning and conditions to shoot paper targets except for high wind conditions. Not a very pretty target today, switched to a new Tin of pellets and they are different from all that I have been shooting. All the code numbers on the bottom of the Tins are the same and I just bought 5. Sure hope they are not all like this bunch.

Rifle: Brocock Commander XR .177 cal
Pellet: JSB Exact Heavy 10.34gr ( new Tin )
Distance: 25-Yards
Wind: 10-15 w/gust to 20

ThomasT
Brocock Commander XR .4.jpg

Reactions: Headshots
Hello everyone,

Was not able to shoot early this morning before the winds picked up so this might not be my best ever shot target, I am still pleased with it. 800mph winds ( not really ) makes it a bit hard to shoot the little .177 pellet but the these Air Arms Falcon 4.52mm really shoot great in my Crosman Challenger. Wind was actually 15-20 but when the flags are whipping it just seems stronger.

ThomasT
Challenger .14.jpg

Just a couple quick cards for this morning

View attachment 352398View attachment 352399
Hello @rsfrid

Wow Ross, if your pellets would have shot clean round holes that first target would be a Perfect Card, not one torn ring. (y) (y) (y) (y) 🎯

I am completely rearranging my shop and don't have a inside target set up. And the "March" winds are howling outside so no shooting for me today.

Again very fine shooting on both cards.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Reactions: rsfrid
OK, I finally got enough nonwindy time to check how well I adjusted the rear sight, which on the Daisy 880 is kind of a pain.

All shots from 33 ft, open sights, with the gun on Nest Rests, and height adjustments tweaked with clothing plus my hand on the stock.

First 15 shots were 5 sets of 3x; the hand-drawn squares are 2”. I numbered the sets and flipped the box over for the the 3rd and 4th, then stood it vertically for the middle paster dot.

Second 15 shots were all aimed at the bullseye of a splat target, just to see how close together the 15 would be.

These shots were all using RWS R10 8.2 gr wadcutters.
I finished with plinking 5 Daisy pointy pellets (unspecified on tin what weight, but the website says they are 7.6-something gr), at a pair of nested soup cans. Didn’t photograph that, but they all hit the can.

D11DA85E-0E00-4BDA-9B86-635ED1F1B84A.jpeg

73A0FC8D-D48C-4825-9C2D-BBABCF111545.jpeg

98F014DD-8638-48FA-BB01-A86F5C219268.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT