What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

I was thinking of the grouch-o pictures above, i just threw out 5 rolls of those same 3" Chinese targets, CUZ when black at 86 M distance and them having 0 splatter effect, well at least with my 30 X scope i see nothing of where i am hitting, even in the best of light conditions at my range.

But yeah i get back splatter too putting my targets on a piece of cardboard or the back side of a BR50 paper, and then pin that to a corrugated metal roofing plate.

Some times the splatter coming back thru the paper make a bigger hole than where the slug went in.
Another thing that got me amazed, even if the metal backing plate are largely flat, and now very many holes in it, some times the slug go in 1 place and the back splatter come out 2-3-4 inches from the entry hole, and the target are only spaced out from the metal by less than 1 inch.

I will change to neodymium magnets instead of the pins i use now, CUZ even using 3-4 pins / clamps on a BR50 paper, it some times come off.

My " Swiss Cheese " backing in this video, also a BR50 paper come loose before i shot the 16 grainer 25 shot group.

Also got to figure something out, i am running out of old roofing plates.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

While I had the AA pellets ready I decided to shoot some 25-yard paper targets to compare with the JSB. Those fliers that AA have really show up out at 25-yards. Granted some would have scored on a 25-Yard MOA card that did not score on these. I will shoot the rest of the AA’s up on 10-Meters.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: AA Diabolo Field Heavy 18gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.200.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.201.jpg

Hello everyone,

While I had the AA pellets ready I decided to shoot some 25-yard paper targets to compare with the JSB. Those fliers that AA have really show up out at 25-yards. Granted some would have scored on a 25-Yard MOA card that did not score on these. I will shoot the rest of the AA’s up on 10-Meters.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Pellets: AA Diabolo Field Heavy 18gr
FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT

View attachment 477328View attachment 477329
What a difference the "Right" pellet makes .. and this is why we do all the testing
AA's get sent back to the pellet cabinet...they're decent, but not quite up to the challenge
Happy 4th of July all

What a difference the "Right" pellet makes .. and this is why we do all the testing
AA's get sent back to the pellet cabinet...they're decent, but not quite up to the challenge
Happy 4th of July all
Hello @manabeknives

You are so correct my friend, some pellets are just better in some guns than others and we do all that we can to find that "right" pellet.

Yes sir, HAPPY 4th of JULY to everybody. May America stay FREE for ever 🇺🇸

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Just messing around this morning and shot some Wadcutters on 1 through 11 and finished with AA’s. I did turn the power down to shoot the Wadcutters but increased back up with the AA’s, On #5 one of those tiny black flies landed at the 11’clock position and as soon as I pulled the trigger he moved. But he came back at the 4’clock and again escaped death. However he made a fatal mistake when he came back at the 1’clock position and that flat pellet took him out, not even a trace of blood or guts 😁

Range: 10-Meters
Pellets: RWS Sport Line Wadcutter 11.9gr and AA Diabolo Field Heavy 18gr
FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.202.jpg

Hello everyone,

Just messing around this morning and shot some Wadcutters on 1 through 11 and finished with AA’s. I did turn the power down to shoot the Wadcutters but increased back up with the AA’s, On #5 one of those tiny black flies landed at the 11’clock position and as soon as I pulled the trigger he moved. But he came back at the 4’clock and again escaped death. However he made a fatal mistake when he came back at the 1’clock position and that flat pellet took him out, not even a trace of blood or guts 😁

Pellets: RWS Sport Line Wadcutter 11.9gr and AA Diabolo Field Heavy 18gr
FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT
View attachment 477604
shooting targets and hunting wild game at the same time .doesn't get much better !

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Shooting some squirrel targets at 10-meters with my Reximex today and decided to shoot the Brocock on a General Target also. Hot and a bit windy but shooting from indoors the outside weather is not a problem. Shooting from another new Tin of 500 pellets which I do not like. I ran out of my 250 Tins so was forced to open a 500, seems like I get more damaged skirts in these 500 tins.

Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 10 to 15 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.203.jpg

shot this paper over the last 4 days and six sessions . wind light, temps 86 to 93 . Anschutz 8002 , HN final match light 7.87 . @ 20 yards
the top row bulls were sighting in a springer , the rest of the shots were for #8 ring numbers = 4 "8's" per bull .
DSCN0823.JPG

Hello everyone,

Shooting some squirrel targets at 10-meters with my Reximex today and decided to shoot the Brocock on a General Target also. Hot and a bit windy but shooting from indoors the outside weather is not a problem. Shooting from another new Tin of 500 pellets which I do not like. I ran out of my 250 Tins so was forced to open a 500, seems like I get more damaged skirts in these 500 tins.

FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 10 to 15 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 477916
Thomas! Excellent card! Was on vacation, excellent shooting there!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
shot this paper over the last 4 days and six sessions . wind light, temps 86 to 93 . Anschutz 8002 , HN final match light 7.87 . @ 20 yards
the top row bulls were sighting in a springer , the rest of the shots were for #8 ring numbers = 4 "8's" per bull . View attachment 477963
Just WONDERFUL shooting there!

Just WONDERFUL shooting there!
I was testing how well the gun reacted to cold 77 degrees to hot 89/93 /basement to outside and how well the scope also behaved . Both got "flying " colors . It did take at least 15 minutes to equalize to the temp change .

Hello everyone,

Not able to shoot this morning and it is raining now so I moved indoors. Re-mounted the UTG Bug Buster on the Reximex RP Pistol and zeroed the scope. Moved my portable benchrest as far back in the shop as I could, which is 24-foot from the Big Bang Pellet Traps, and shot this paper target. I am using the CARM magazines which load much easier than the factory mags. I shot 5 times at each target.

Range: Indoor 24-Feet
Pistol: Reximex RP .22 caliber
Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32
FPS: ?
FPE: ?
Wind: zero mph

ThomasT
Reximex RPA-111.jpg