What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Indoor 10m Atomic and FX 15.9gr

IMG_8357.jpeg

Hello everyone,

OK I did not know that I could have more fun shooting any gun more that I have had with the Beeman 2028, but this new gun is a whole lot more funner :D 😁:):p:LOL:

Could not shoot outdoors 10-Meters because of the rain and wind so I set up indoors and shot the new DOT Scope Competition target 5-times at each 10-Ring. Placed all 25 shots within the 10-Ring and got one, “One-Hole’er” as a bonus. How can you not have fun shooting a 15.89gr pellet at only 500fps down a short 11-1/4" barrel :unsure:;):)

Range: Indoors at 15-Feet
Pistol: Project - X, Phase II
Scope: Pinty 1*30, Tube 38mm, Lens 30mm, 2 MOA
Pellets: JSB Jumbo 15.89gr
FPS: 500
FPE: 8.82
Wind: 0 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 494043
nice for rainy day fun
and if anyone thinks this is easy try it 10 times

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
nice for rainy day fun
and if anyone thinks this is easy try it 10 times
Hello @beerthief

I really like the challenge of using a DOT Scope on paper targets. We have a cold front moving into the area and I sure hope I will be able to do some 10-Meter shooting in the morning.

ThomasT

Hello @beerthief

I really like the challenge of using a DOT Scope on paper targets. We have a cold front moving into the area and I sure hope I will be able to do some 10-Meter shooting in the morning.

ThomasT
i assume you mean red dot or a dot reticle ?

• Love
Not shot any papers, but i have loaded up about 2 - 2.5 kilos of stuff that will make nice holes.
Tomorrow however, first i must put new exhaust on my car, it is becoming pretty loud and i would hate if people thought i was one of "those " guys.

Complete system ready to go in under the little red car,,,,, the problem is how much will i have to jack up one side of the car to fit in under there myself.
Last time i did a similar job was in the early 90ties and just driving 2 wheels up on a 4" tall curb was fine, and to top it all off i had snow blowing around me too.

Fortunately my M8 have lots of rigid stuff i can put under wheels, i will of course not crawl in under a car on a cheapo jack.

But after that lead will be flying, though it look as if wind is not super nice, so i also packed some cheap dispensable stuff that i have never gotten to fly right anyway, but i figure on 30 M i can cut a 1" thick 4-5" wide piece of board with those.

i assume you mean red dot or a dot reticle ?
Hello @beerthief

Yes, a Red Dot Scope. The one that I am using has both a Red Dot and a Green Dot and each one has 5 levels of brightness. The Green on the lowest setting really works well indoors and that is what I have been using.

ThomasT

Reactions: beerthief
Hello everyone,

Well I finally completed Project - X, which is a .22 Cal Custom PP-800 Pistol that I built from a basic receiver. As you can see from the photo I added the Buck Rail AR Conversion and a Moderator along with a custom length barrel. I am currently using a Pinty Red Dot Scope and the completed rig only weights 3-pounds & 10-ounces. I am very surprised but most pleased how accurate this Pistol has turned out. I shot this Squirrel Target this morning 5 times at 10-Meters with all 5 shots in a single clover leaf hole.

Range: Outdoors at 10-Meters
Pistol: .22 Cal Custom PP-800 Pistol
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

PP800-508B.jpg
PX-102.jpg

Hello everyone,

Well I finally completed Project - X, which is a .22 Cal Custom PP-800 Pistol that I built from a basic receiver. As you can see from the photo I added the Buck Rail AR Conversion and a Moderator along with a custom length barrel. I am currently using a Pinty Red Dot Scope and the completed rig only weights 3-pounds & 10-ounces. I am very surprised but most pleased how accurate this Pistol has turned out. I shot this Squirrel Target this morning 5 times at 10-Meters with all 5 shots in a single clover leaf hole.

ThomasT

View attachment 494239View attachment 494240
Project X hitting the target!!
how did the squirrels get so fat in your area?? :LOL:
Great shooting Thomas(y)

Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 494239View attachment 494240
Thomas, your project X gun is awesome! Boy, you and that pp-800:and red dot are lethal! Squirrely dudes are in a heap of trouble!

• Love
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Cleaned my RAW's barrel yesterday with the normal Patchworm kit, 5 felt buttons soaked in Ballistol and then 3 dry patches run thru. Usually my sight in after is just a couple clicks but this time it was 8 vertically! Holy toledo, that thru me for a loop! So, after that self inflicted drama, I shot this group, 5 pellets and 5:slugs alternating...whew...that made my head spin...😂

Thomas, your project X gun is awesome! Boy, you and that pp-800:and red dot are lethal! Squirrely dudes are in a heap of trouble!
Hello @Ranchibi

This has been a really long and drawn out process, but now that it is completed I just could not be happier. It is deadly for sure, I eliminated a squirrel this afternoon about 25 to 30 yards from my porch and that was with the Red Dot whoo hooo 😁 . Maybe a lucky shot, but it still counts 🙄

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
View attachment 494319
Cleaned my RAW's barrel yesterday with the normal Patchworm kit, 5 felt buttons soaked in Ballistol and then 3 dry patches run thru. Usually my sight in after is just a couple clicks but this time it was 8 vertically! Holy toledo, that thru me for a loop! So, after that self inflicted drama, I shot this group, 5 pellets and 5:slugs alternating...whew...that made my head spin...😂
Hello @Ranchibi

That is a mighty small hole for 10 shots to pass through (y)

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello @Ranchibi

This has been a really long and drawn out process, but now that it is completed I just could not be happier. It is deadly for sure, I eliminated a squirrel this afternoon about 25 to 30 yards from my porch and that was with the Red Dot whoo hooo 😁 . Maybe a lucky shot, but it still counts 🙄

ThomasT
No lucky shot there Thomas, you put in the work, work pays dividends! Ha! 🤗 Fantastic shot!

• Love
Hello everyone,

This morning I set up indoors on my 15-Foot range to test the five Wadcutter Pellets that I have in .22 cal. I installed a Bi-Pod on the Picatinny rail on the Custom PP-800 Pistol and shot 5 shots at each target, plus I had to add one. I first shot the center 10-Ring with JSB Jumbo 15.89gr to establish a base line to judge the Wadcutter pellets.

I had targets on both of my Big Bang Pellets Traps so that I could use one as a test shot to see where each Wadcutter would hit on the main target. I did not make any adjustments to the Red Dot scope and aimed for the center on each 10-Ring.

All Wadcutter pellets shot pretty good except for #2. Pellets #1, #4 and #5 shot good groups with “stacked” POI’s of 2 pellets or more. I will test shoot these 3 pellets more to see if I can get even better groups.

My next test for this new Pistol will be to remove the Red Dot Scope and install the UTG Bug Buster Scope, that should be a really fun shoot.

Pistol: .22Cal Custom PP-800
Pellets: JSB Jumbo 15.89gr and Wadcutters

ThomasT

PX-103.jpg

Hello everyone,

I removed the Red Dot scope and installed the UTG Bug Buster scope on the .22Cal Custom PP-800. I zeroed the scope on a different target and then shot this General Target 3.0. I shot this using the Bi-Pod and butt rest against my shoulder, I am pretty sure that most of the POI deviation is from me and not the Pistol.

Pistol: .22Cal Custom PP-800
Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32

ThomasT

PP800-515.jpg
PX-104.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi