What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

I removed the Red Dot scope and installed the UTG Bug Buster scope on the .22Cal Custom PP-800. I zeroed the scope on a different target and then shot this General Target 3.0. I shot this using the Bi-Pod and butt rest against my shoulder, I am pretty sure that most of the POI deviation is from me and not the Pistol.

Range: Indoors at 15-Feet
Pistol: .22Cal Custom PP-800
Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32
Pellets: JSB Jumbo 15.89gr
FPS: 500
FPE: 8.82
Wind: 0 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 494435View attachment 494436
Great card Thomas! Each one of those shots equals one dead nutter!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
IMG_7660.jpeg

Shooting this morning before the sun and heat with my RAW @ 20yds, had to adjust just a single click for windage and drop, got the above group since cleaning the barrel and adjusting from yesterday, then 4 shots into the lower target one pellet followed by a slug. I sure enjoy shooting in the cooler morning!

View attachment 494319
Cleaned my RAW's barrel yesterday with the normal Patchworm kit, 5 felt buttons soaked in Ballistol and then 3 dry patches run thru. Usually my sight in after is just a couple clicks but this time it was 8 vertically! Holy toledo, that thru me for a loop! So, after that self inflicted drama, I shot this group, 5 pellets and 5:slugs alternating...whew...that made my head spin...😂

View attachment 494473

Shooting this morning before the sun and heat with my RAW @ 20yds, had to adjust just a single click for windage and drop, got the above group since cleaning the barrel and adjusting from yesterday, then 4 shots into the lower target one pellet followed by a slug. I sure enjoy shooting in the cooler morning!
Hello @Ranchibi

I could say "a-nutter" nice shot card 🐿️

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: Ranchibi
Well the usual stuff, so 2" Splatter targets at 100 yards, but i also tried a few of the DIY 5 dot on paper.

Got up early thanks to the damn farmers doing their stuff, but thanks to them i managed to get some modest wind shooting in, so dispatched a tin of 13gr knockouts and a box of 13gr Zan. ( so 800 shots )
Funny thing in my Maverick the Zans are better than the knockouts, in my Two i dont feel there is a difference at all.

My accidental tune ( turning regulator down from a 16gr tune ) was quite good had on average 953 FPS and a reasonably flat string.
But seeing how stuff performed i was not surprised my wist of reg, no look at gauge tune did so well.

In the afternoon the wind picked up so i was fighting the now 16 grainers more than i did 13 earlier.
And the 13gr slugs was nice, i was shooting MAX range with them so 134 or so yards, and in spite of the metal plates back there having MANY holes, i was always so close to my aim that i had no problems seeing where the shot landed.

Even better i shot over a branch down there, about 10 mm or so thick, and it only took me 25-30 shots to do, with most sailing right past it, but 7 or 8 of them did not and nicked or outright hit it, and so it did fall.
Even better, right after that i moved left, saw a nettle sticking up, aimed a few inches below the top of it, and 1 shot and it was a few inches shorter,,,,, i have to admit that gave me goosebumps.

Epic airguns said they feel 16 grain run best in the CZ barrel Two, i think 13 grain is not worse than 16.

I am in need of more 13 grain ammo, still have that damn dentist thing to do first.

Another + the new exhaust i put on my car on Friday,,,,, well it is doing what it is supposed to do, so my car are no longer sounding like a am some old guy suffering from fast & furry syndrome.
Also ripped out the inner fender at the right front wheel, and put in a new washer fluid pump, so now i can keep my windscreen fairly clean so my dashcams can see stuff.

Well the usual stuff, so 2" Splatter targets at 100 yards, but i also tried a few of the DIY 5 dot on paper.

Got up early thanks to the damn farmers doing their stuff, but thanks to them i managed to get some modest wind shooting in, so dispatched a tin of 13gr knockouts and a box of 13gr Zan. ( so 800 shots )
Funny thing in my Maverick the Zans are better than the knockouts, in my Two i dont feel there is a difference at all.

My accidental tune ( turning regulator down from a 16gr tune ) was quite good had on average 953 FPS and a reasonably flat string.
But seeing how stuff performed i was not surprised my wist of reg, no look at gauge tune did so well.

In the afternoon the wind picked up so i was fighting the now 16 grainers more than i did 13 earlier.
And the 13gr slugs was nice, i was shooting MAX range with them so 134 or so yards, and in spite of the metal plates back there having MANY holes, i was always so close to my aim that i had no problems seeing where the shot landed.

Even better i shot over a branch down there, about 10 mm or so thick, and it only took me 25-30 shots to do, with most sailing right past it, but 7 or 8 of them did not and nicked or outright hit it, and so it did fall.
Even better, right after that i moved left, saw a nettle sticking up, aimed a few inches below the top of it, and 1 shot and it was a few inches shorter,,,,, i have to admit that gave me goosebumps.

Epic airguns said they feel 16 grain run best in the CZ barrel Two, i think 13 grain is not worse than 16.

I am in need of more 13 grain ammo, still have that damn dentist thing to do first.

Another + the new exhaust i put on my car on Friday,,,,, well it is doing what it is supposed to do, so my car are no longer sounding like a am some old guy suffering from fast & furry syndrome.
Also ripped out the inner fender at the right front wheel, and put in a new washer fluid pump, so now i can keep my windscreen fairly clean so my dashcams can see stuff.
That is some more special LR shooting with your .177 Epic2! Nice video 👍

• Love
Yeah 100 yards is quite out there, adding more yards to get out to my MAX distance and it is a whole other ball game, its like when i shoot to there the wind are 2 X stronger.
Amazing what a measly 30 yards can do when they are added in the far end.

Looking at the one target on the fridge, it is easy to see where i just be patient and shoot a couple of shots when the wind are just right VS all the other shot with me trying to be a smart ass sniper accounting for the wind with a hold of some degree, and THAT do not yet work very good for me.

Hello everyone,

Boy I love to shoot Wadcutter pellets because they leave a clean round hole and you know exactly where they impact.

Pellets: Gamo Match Wadcutter 15.43gr

ThomasT

PX-105.jpg

Hello everyone,

Boy I love to shoot Wadcutter pellets because they leave a clean round hole and you know exactly where they impact.

Pellets: Gamo Match Wadcutter 15.43gr

ThomasT

View attachment 494814
Thomas, wonderful card with your build....really nice perfectly round holes! 🤗

today was Diopter day ! shot the HW30 diopter sights a lot ,then switched to FWB 124 both .177 First hour the wind was back and forth ,always in my face but from the left a bit then right a bit , Kind of made it fun , aiming and then re-aim and shoot . OH almost forgot this was off hand day also .

no i will not show target paper 😎

Hello everyone,

You know it really doesn’t matter what gun you are shooting when you can place 5 shots within a tiny circle, it will put a smile on your face :LOL:

Changed ammo on this target to the RWS Sport Line Wadcutter 11.9gr pellets and by golly they shot as good as the JSB 15.89gr. Think these will work for shooting paper targets and my local fat squirrels.

Pellets: RWS Sport Line Wadcutter 11.9gr
Benchrest: Front support Bag & rear support Bag

ThomasT
PX-106.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

You know it really doesn’t matter what gun you are shooting when you can place 5 shots within a tiny circle, it will put a smile on your face :LOL:

Changed ammo on this target to the RWS Sport Line Wadcutter 11.9gr pellets and by golly they shot as good as the JSB 15.89gr. Think these will work for shooting paper targets and my local fat squirrels.

Pellets: RWS Sport Line Wadcutter 11.9gr
Beenchrest: Front support Bag & rear support Bag

ThomasT
View attachment 495022
Thomas! Wonderful card with the RWS Superdomes! You hit a squirrel with one of those wadcutters thru your custom pp-800 and it will be like a frying pan going through it...😂...just carnage! When I got my first real airgun it was an RWS Pro Meisterschutz in .177 to snipe rats with and started out using JSB domes...then I tried wadcutters, the wadcutters were instant DRT's with a much larger entrance hole with usually no pass thru's!

Last edited:
  • Haha