What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Shot some 30 M 5 shot groups with barracuda match pellets @ 907 fps

Not really good, but at slower speeds i was not at able to get a flat shot string, REG at 60 bar as it will no longer do 54 BAR for some reason.

30 M 5SG.jpg

Too bad i forgot to take a PIC of the single 55 M 15 - 20 shot group i shot with the last of the JSB heavy pellets, all went in one growing and in the end triangular hole, and then 1 flier on either side a half inch or so out, and also had a shot drop a half inch below.

I did go " REALLY " a few times during those last pellets.

Went back to the range for more 100yard paractice.
I kinda was disappointed in yesterdays performance, so i removed the barrel and did a hardcore polish ..about 1.5k strokes in a progressive fashion.
500 in the 1st 1/3 - another 500 to the middle 1/3 - and 500 going the full length, followed by waxing the bore
I am sure glad i did the polish instead of messing with the settings..just got to believe in my abilities.
I wanted to keep the shots within the 8 ring. Did a much better job than yesterday!
Very,Very happy with the results today ...may still do another polish?? yes/no ??
Mike
IMG_0413.jpeg

My last match was quite a disappointment. For some reason I was hitting all over the target while two days earlier I was hitting 10 round quarter size groups. At the match I could aimed for my big toe and missed. Today the winds calmed so out for practice and it was 60 shots into the quarter size group. More practice is in order, match in 2 weeks.

Rick H.

Reactions: ThomasT
For some reason I was hitting all over the target
Sound like you got same mental problem i have, enter competition and performance instantly drop

Hell once as a kid shooting 200 M, on the lane next to me was the National champion, and he saw me shooting several X in my first 5 warm up shots, and commented on that.
Resulting in my 20 shots that counted, well i have rarely shot that bad.

All due to a comment

Hello everyone,

Back to shooting the Avenger at 10-Meters but the wind was killing me. I just do not judge the wind very good and with 15 to 20 mph winds it took more than one shot for me to hit a Bull 🤪

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber w/ new low power settings
Scope: Vector 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 15 - 20 mph

ThomasT
AvengerW-119.jpg

Hello everyone,

Back to shooting the Avenger at 10-Meters but the wind was killing me. I just do not judge the wind very good and with 15 to 20 mph winds it took more than one shot for me to hit a Bull 🤪

Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 15 - 20 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 500662
Thomas, you're not the only one who has trouble shooting in wind....😂👍...wonderful card!

Hello everyone,

Wind much better this morning so I switched pellets that I had tuned for this lower power setting on the Avenger.

Pellets: JSB Jumbo 15.89gr
FPS: 536
FPE: 10.10
Wind: 5 - 10 mph

ThomasT
AvengerW-120..jpg

Last edited:
Nice shooting
What kind of rifle are you shooting, the caliber and distance
All in the zone..very nice
This was with my Hatsan FlashPup QE .22 at 25yds with JTS dead center 16.08g shooting from a table at my target area. I can stretch out to 40, but im almost sitting in the street then.
1000015882.jpg