What pistol did you shoot today

Horse feeding time. Blanco and I fed the horse and shot My Crosman 44 peacemaker. I resealed it a few years ago. Haven't shot it in a year. It's still shooting strong.

20230612_180124~2.jpg

20230612_180108.jpg

Well, I was going to shoot these two. But the Custom Shop 2300 is acting up. Guessing something with hammer spring. Sometimes it will cock but trigger won’t fire, like it didn’t cock all the way. Re-cock and it fires. Trigger looks fine. Power is way down but it’s holding air. Something to look at in my spare time. By the time I finished fiddling with it, it was too dark to shoot with a peep and I didn’t feel like turning lights on. So I shot the HW45. Rinse and repeat lately with that gun.

20230612_201316_resized.jpeg

So impressed with the quality of the Diana/Original 5G that I have now bought a 6G. It's not in as good a condition, not yet anyway, but it is my first experience of the Giss system. I thought the FWB 65 recoilless springer was amazing, but the 6G is just astonishing!

Currently shooting at around 490fps, but that might be something to do with quantity of oil that has been slathered down the transfer port - it smokes like a chimney... o_O I might try to be brave by striping and cleaning the innards if I can't get it to quit its bad habit soon...

Reactions: Septicdeath
It seems to leak thru the cap. I took a 3/8-inch wide screwdriver blade on the slot inside the piercing cap. Unscrewed the o ring retaining cover that contains the 006-sized o-ring, around the pin. Put it back together and replaced the plug seal.

Oiled up a co2 cartridge, charged the pistol. It's not leaking and shoots. Will let it sit overnight, and see if it holds.

It seems to leak thru the cap. I took a 3/8-inch wide screwdriver blade on the slot inside the piercing cap. Unscrewed the o ring retaining cover that contains the 006-sized o-ring, around the pin. Put it back together and replaced the plug seal.

Oiled up a co2 cartridge, charged the pistol. It's not leaking and shoots. Will let it sit overnight, and see if it holds.
When my MK1 started leaking, it was through the cap. I went ahead and tore it down and replaced all the other seals as well. There's a 2 part article on the Pyramid Blog about resealing the gun. It was a big help-

When my MK1 started leaking, it was through the cap. I went ahead and tore it down and replaced all the other seals as well. There's a 2 part article on the Pyramid Blog about resealing the gun. It was a big help-

Yes read it. It's still holding this morning. If it's still working with only me fixing the cap. I'll shoot it until it fails.

Reactions: Modski66
Yes read it. It's still holding this morning. If it's still working with only me fixing the cap. I'll shoot it until it fails.
Just got back in from shooting it. Probably 10 times. Awesome pistol. I'm going to let it sit a couple days then see if it's still charged, and shoot it again.

About how many shots can I expect from a charge?

Just got back in from shooting it. Probably 10 times. Awesome pistol. I'm going to let it sit a couple days then see if it's still charged, and shoot it again.

About how many shots can I expect from a charge?
I get around 40-45 good shots with mine shooting it on the higher velocity setting on an average 70 degree day.

Reactions: Septicdeath
One more question. Will a holster for a Ruger Mark 1 work for the Crosman mark 1?
Well, I'm comparing the size of my Ruger Mark II 5.5" bull barrel .22lr to the Crosman and they are nearly identical in overall dimensions. The two sticking points are the dual cocking knobs and the thumb rest on the Crosman. I doubt the Crosman would fit in a formed leather holster, but I bet it would fit in a generic 5-6" barrel semi auto nylon holster such as an Uncle Mike's, etc.

Well, I'm comparing the size of my Ruger Mark II 5.5" bull barrel .22lr to the Crosman and they are nearly identical in overall dimensions. The two sticking points are the dual cocking knobs and the thumb rest on the Crosman. I doubt the Crosman would fit in a formed leather holster, but I bet it would fit in a generic 5-6" barrel semi auto nylon holster such as an Uncle Mike's, etc.
I was looking at the nylon ones. I figured there's enough give in them to work.

Baikal MP-651k, eight shots, 10m single arm hold, single action operation.
Struggled with the narrow front sight blade, plus the rear sight had quite a bit of lateral play, and the windage adjustment was achieved by slackening off an M2 screw made of cheese. 🤬
The rear sight has now been shimmed and a new M2 screw installed. Still mulling over what to do about the blade... 🤔

IMG_20230618_155739.jpg

Decided to take out a couple of SSP's for today's session. Both are entry level 10 meter guns, but today's targets consisted of empty .410 shells and acorns at 15-20 yards. The V10 is a recent acquisition. I bought the 717 new back in the late 80's. Both guns perform well with 8.2gr Meisterkugeln.

V-10.jpg

717-1.JPG

Decided to take out a couple of SSP's for today's session. Both are entry level 10 meter guns, but today's targets consisted of empty .410 shells and acorns at 15-20 yards. The V10 is a recent acquisition. I bought the 717 new back in the late 80's. Both guns perform well with 8.2gr Meisterkugeln.

View attachment 365626

View attachment 365627
Sure like my 717.