What pistol did you shoot today

Thanks for the link. He does beautiful work for a reasonable price. Going to see about having a set like this made for my 2300S come payday-

View attachment 366902

The two things I don't like about the 2300S are the trigger and the plastic grips. Well, my trigger work has paid off. Got it down to a crisp 2.5 lbs using the stock parts and a replacement sear spring I fabricated. Had fun banging silhouette targets at 30 yards with it.

And the new Airbug is quite a shooter. Heck of a gun for under $150.
Yep. Some polishing and a little moly go a long way on that trigger. I need to check weight on mine but I’d guess it’s under 2 lb. I compress the snot out of the stock spring in a vise. You’ll like the Corcoran target grips. Be sure to measure and get the right size. Will put your trigger finger in the right spot every time.

Dialed this back into pistol format. Can't see myself hunting with it anytime soon, and I really prefer having a red dot on it. Was in carbine config. Does 48fpe in the 9" barrel. (25 cal)
DSCF6025_edited.jpg

314202776_1511524812652444_6941206783415321586_n_edited.jpg

Shooting the Diana "LEGO" pistol with the stock attached today. Mounted an RWS 4x32 compact scope with BKL high rings, and the rotary mag fits with room to spare.

Even with the attachments, it's still light as a feather. Never shot the pistol with a scope and stock, should be fun.

DSC01663 2.JPG

DSC01668 2.JPG

Yeah, you can cobble together all sorts of odd combinations with the parts interchangeability between the various Diana guns based on this action. The LEGO gun! One of the funnier looking combinations is the Chaser rifle barrel and moderator on the Airbug pistol. LOL-

DSC01618 copy.JPG

Anyway, got the chaser sighted in on paper at 25yds, and I used up the rest of the C02 cartridge shooting at my Gamo pellet trap, the kind with the 5 steel paddle targets at 25 then 40yds. Hit far more than I missed before it started raining sideways. The chaser is really a great shooter. So lightweight and quiet with the moderator. I've heard of people having problems with the rotary mags, but mine work fine with 7.5gr Gamo Match and 8.2gr Meisterkugeln. The trigger is easy to adjust too, and darn nice once set. The stock looks awkward, but it's actually quite comfortable and solid. The Chaser kit was money well spent.

I've had this one for 42 years. It's been a couple since I have shot it. Remedied that this evening, still shoots dimes at 10m. It says Hurricane because that was the only replacement part Beemans had in stock. That was my last conversation with Mrs. Beeman. She cautioned me on the roll pin, hence the Audioquest aluminum cartridge screws.

IMG_20230627_185509.jpg

I've had this one for 42 years. It's been a couple since I have shot it. Remedied that this evening, still shoots dimes at 10m. It says Hurricane because that was the only replacement part Beemans had in stock. That was my last conversation with Mrs. Beeman. She cautioned me on the roll pin, hence the Audioquest aluminum cartridge screws.

View attachment 368191
That’s a beauty

Reactions: Septicdeath

View attachment 368191
What calibre is it?
I had one in 0.22, and a Hurricane, could not shoot either of them well, but I now have an all steel Premier in 0.177 that hits what I point it at. 😁

Reactions: Septicdeath

View attachment 368191
Did you have to replace the plastic housing because it cracked? Mine cracked lengthwise with a split 1/2" long just under the roll pin. Fixed it with some Tamiya brand extra thin cement, which is basically MEK. Hit it with a plastic polishing stick and it looks like new. It's held up through half a tin of pellets so far.

Should I replace the roll pin with a screw to avoid further problems?

Last edited: