What pistol did you shoot today

I took these two beauties out for a run in the sun today. Although they are not state of the art anymore, by far, they are still alive and kicking, and loads of fun. 🥳👍

1000015113.jpg

Brought the Crosman Marks for the day. The silver one and the one with the red dot are both LD clones built by another builder and the scoped pistol is a real LD. I have the one that’s all stock and it’s sporting R and B grips. All of them shot great and I hope the younger generation of air gun shooters don’t forget about these vintage beauty’s.

IMG_1276.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpeg

IMG_1273.jpeg

IMG_1275.jpeg

After posting about a heart-stopping calamity involving my customized S&W 78G in which I managed to turn lemons into lemonade-
I braved 107 degree heat and gusty 20-25 MPH winds to shoot the resurrected victim of my own IMMENSE stupidity. She rewarded her hero/savior/ATTEMPTED MURDERER with her best performance ever.

Five consecutive three-shot groups with 14.3 grain JSB Express averaged 1.25" c-t-c at 25 yards. And though not as gnat's-ass accurate as several vintage Crosman Co2 pistols I cherish, the Smith & Wesson is as awesome fun as it is gorgeous.

View attachment 278144
I really want one of these. I had a pair years ago and foolishly traded them away. Now you’ll pay a pretty penny to get a clean example. Looks like Modded is the way to go.

Reactions: Bandito
Gk1 again for me. Running low on commercial pellets so I spent a short time casting. Got one very full tin of .25 cal 41 grain BBT slugs with the HP pins (i think ~39 grains with the hollow tip). Kept the lead as cool as possible to keep the diameter at the larger end of the mold's range so they will be snug in the gk1 magazine. These fit great - I haven't tested accuracy yet but now I'll get a chance.

The alloy is just a mix of rotometals lead, some recovered FX pellets, and I tossed in a handful of flattened ballisticproducts hard alloy 9mm round balls shot from a rex P. I have no idea what I'm doing but I figured a little bit of some harder material along with the soft roto metals lead would work ok. I haven't really looked them over that closely but they all came out looking decent

I was a little distracted at first and didn't quite allow enough time between pouring and cutting the sprues off, but I remembered before I made too many. I like this mold I had no problems at all.

IMG_7965.jpeg
IMG_7964.jpeg

Just got some .25 19 grain H and N pellets - about 3.6 cents per round from Field supply (with free shipping as they always have). They should be good for shooting at lower power settings, backyard plinking and so on

Worth buying a few tins of to keep me shooting when I can't keep up by casting. They have packaged my stuff carefully in the past fingers crossed.

Reactions: Bandito
Gk1 shooting NOE 41gr bbt slugs. I am quite happy with the accuracy shooting with open sights at 25 yd. Took the silencer off yesterday so I could add to the ruckus in celebrating the fourth ha ha my neighbors get a grin every time I shoot. It's a miracle

I don't think my skills would impress anyone here but I'm just amazed at how much I'm hitting with this pistol every time I pick it up. I'm shooting at spinners and cans and things like that... I got the right cheap red dot and pic rail and reasonably consistent slugs that I cast myself so I am in airgun Nirvana.

I cast these at the lowest temperature I can to get large diameter, the lead thermometer said about 675°. of course I get the mold nice and hot first and pressure pour. A small number of tips probably from the first few casts I have a little marbling or small seams from not filling smoothly enough

IMG_8028.jpeg
IMG_8027.jpeg

IMG_7972.jpeg

Last edited:
After many interruptions and distractions, (mostly unwelcome) I finally got to try out the two new magazines for my Daisy Powerline 44, very kindly sent over the pond by vintageairguncollector@gm.
This now gives me six good mags to allow me to keep blasting away.
Gave the 8" barrel an airing today, the 6" and 4" can wait for another time. Got just over 60 good shots before the gas started fading, the card in the picture was the best of the session, shot at 10m off-hand.
My big conundrum now is whether to leave the chipped paint on the barrels as they are, touch up, or completely strip and re-spray. Any opinions would be appreciated.

View attachment 472677
I leave my guns marked up war wounds of life I have scars I have not painted over too

Last edited:
I just got this in the mail. I always wanted one back in the day when they were popular. Its in .22 caliber, accuracy on paper and velocity is nothing to brag about but its a lot of fun to shoot cans in the yard with and its rather quiet. The rear sight is great for dealing with the loopy trajectory. The forend is a replacement but it functions well.

IMG_2245.jpeg

Need to find some larger diameter pellets for it tried a few RWS and JSB which are very loose in the bore.

Genob, very nice pistol…glad to see Crosman finally dropped the faux wood style grips…lol

Last edited:
I mounted a red-dot on my new Artemis 700sa . Out of the box it was shooting CPHPs at 650 . I lightened up the HS tension to around 620 fps . The trigger needs some adjusting otherwise I'm liking it .

Some groups at 15yd using a bag. It prefers the JSB 13.4s , Polymags 16g and CPHPs so far . I pulled the shot on the upper left group .

20240706_122013.jpg
20240706_134042.jpg
20240706_134024.jpg
20240706_134009.jpg

Copy and paste from my thread on AGF

Love it….

Zero’d in at 10yards, was pellet on pellet rested and then stretched it out to 30yards and was hitting the 40mm bell pretty easily, even managed 4 in row, again it was rested though.

Took a couple reloads to suss out the mag system, the easiest way is to load the top 3 or 4 pellets and then fully rotate the mag to load the rest. The mag works on a ratchet, when you un cock the pistol it then trips the ratchet and it moves to the next position

I filled it to 240 bar and there was no discernible poi drop until it was under 50bar, it easily did 10 mags and may have even been more, I’ll do a proper count next time out with it

Pellet wise it liked the cheapo Excite Econ II straight away, so never bothered trying anything else

Last edited: