What pistol did you shoot today

Looks like you’re getting the hang of it Thomas. Though you forgot to shoot the sighters ha ha ha! Man, with a red dot or iron sights I can barely even see them at 10M.
Hello @cjtamu

I had just shot another card so I did not need to shoot the sighters on this card. I have poor eyesight but I can make out the outer circle pretty good and then I fit the + cross hairs inside and shoot. Since I adjusted the trigger it made a whole different gun. It was really hard to pull before and I would pull off the target. Now I have a very positive long 1st stage and an exact 1-pound 2nd stage. I will install the scope tomorrow and do some 25-yard targets.

ThomasT

Reactions: Septicdeath
Set up the Hatsan Hydra 25 with an ADE red dot reflex sight. Needed a riser to clear the mag, okay. Still a very sleek setup on a very light and short rifle with a comfortable stock and above average trigger.

Sighted in the red dot pretty easily and bought myself a new metal spinner to put around 20 yards for some off hand shooting practice as the weather gets colder and maybe less time shooting off the bench. Still have to see how well I can plink it with the BB pistol.

Just removed the scope from my second Ataman, AP 16 and put on a new Holosun HE406R-GD.
I wanted to give the Holosun's "Gold dot" a try, and Optics PLanet has them on sale. I sort of discounted it (the gold retecal) months back, but thought, what the hell, it's on "sale!"

I actually kind of like it. Only took four shots to get it on target. I kind of like it. I do not...like the small tube/lenses of this series of sight, but the gold dot is fine.
Put four magazines through it this evening.

Mike

Hello @cjtamu

I had just shot another card so I did not need to shoot the sighters on this card. I have poor eyesight but I can make out the outer circle pretty good and then I fit the + cross hairs inside and shoot. Since I adjusted the trigger it made a whole different gun. It was really hard to pull before and I would pull off the target. Now I have a very positive long 1st stage and an exact 1-pound 2nd stage. I will install the scope tomorrow and do some 25-yard targets.

ThomasT
Getting the trigger right on these pistols is huge. Both my 2300’s have a trigger travel limiter and that adjustment was a big help also. Looking forward to seeing your 25 yard cards.

Getting the trigger right on these pistols is huge. Both my 2300’s have a trigger travel limiter and that adjustment was a big help also. Looking forward to seeing your 25 yard cards.
Good morning @cjtamu

I had just checked the weather and it looks good, much like yesterday so if the winds stay low I hope to shoot a bunch of targets today both with the Pistol and the rifles. With the Bandit at 25-yards I most likely will go back to the 10.65 pellets.

ThomasT

F823DD0C-D641-41A9-B0E2-29DE1913F7C3.jpeg

I just finished this 38c .22 new seals and the works with mods. Shot it to make sure it works. Was going to sell it online. Instead my sons friend that has taken a interest in airguns seen it. He has shot mine before I could easily get $140 online. Sold it to this young man for $95. The Smile was priceless.

20221117_161446~2.jpg

Hello everyone,

Not able to shoot at all yesterday due to bad weather so I serviced my Air Compressor and changed the scope on my Diana Bandit and installed a Hawke 4-12x40. Today weather better with sun shine but cold at 45 degrees and wind 14mph with gust to 20mph. Shot quite a few targets and my last two were the Competition 9 that I set up at 20 yards. Shot a 85 and then a 86 and considering the wind conditions I am satisfied with these scores. The main thing is that I got to shoot today (y) :D

ThomasT
Bandit-Hawke.jpg
Bandit 85112022A.jpg
Bandit86112022A.jpg

Did some plinking with a Umarex Colt Commander .177 BB. My first time getting this piece out since I bought it second-hand for $40. Sent out 55-60 shots (one CO2 cylinder). Just wanted to get some shots out after putting some silicone oil on the seals, who knows how long it had been sitting and the previous owner said he had never used/never heard of Pellgun oil. When it gets warmer out I will get out a target as is was 32 degrees today.

I love putting scope on these old Crosman 150s
I found a guy at the gun show wh scopes for $25.00 good deal for Japan made scopes.
That's a good deal on those Tasco scopes. I love those old Japan made Tascos. I've had a few of them mounted on powder burners for years. I always keep an eye out for them when ever I'm at a gun show.

An old Walther LP 53, It came in late yesterday, I put a few drops of silicone oil in the exhaust port and let it sit overnight. First thing is that I need to make one of those wooden cocking aids, should not be too much of a problem a small block of maple, a drill bit the same size as the od of the barrel or slightly larger, and some small chisels, but that's for tomorrow. It was cold, wet 33 degrees and 90% humidity and a light wind. It chronographed at a honest 325fps, so hoping that is about right.

I had a busy day. It also was raining most of it. Finally the sun came out. Had a half hour to kill. Went out to the back porch and set up some cans at 25 and 30 feet. A P17 and the Hy Score 800 my picks to shoot. The P17 is fun, but the Hy Score is a joy to shoot. Something about those old pistols brings a big smile to my face.
20230313_171610.jpg