What pistol did you shoot today

I bought this pistol a few years back I believe it was like $50, and in pristine condition. I resealed it, and have not shot it in a year. It needed some love. So this afternoon I shot a couple cartridges through it.

20240719_145611~2.jpg

20240719_145621~2.jpg

20240719_145708.jpg

GK one shooting .25 H and N Crow Magnum "flying ashtrays" at a biggish zucchini. I assume I'm shooting around 35-40 FPE but I haven't checked.

Recovered one from a lengthwise shot! I wasn't expecting this much expansion with an airgun pellet. I shot the long half of a split zucchini with one of these and the pancaking really put the brakes on the pellet. I actually could see it bouncing around after passing through in the slomo video, which is how I tracked it down. I circled it in the 2nd to last picture there.

(That last pic isn't me it's the guy from the meme about smoking too much weed and going hunting but close enough - i've got a white beard and a cat and too many zucchini. The rest is none of your business!)

IMG_8316.jpeg

IMG_8314.jpeg
IMG_8313.jpeg
IMG_8315.jpeg

IMG_8318.jpeg

Last edited:
Buying used and long-distance often being a crap-shoot, my passion for vintage airguns and scopes includes heart-warming surprises:D interspersed with heart-breaking disappointments:cry:. A .22 Falcon FN12 custom pistol I purchased a few years ago that arrived from the west-coast seller blown right through the end of the foam-lined hard case and the cardboard box containing both is a poignant example of heart-breaking disappointment.

Rescuing the unique custom classic entailed many hours, much creativity, and sacrificing the repeating function in order to salvage the one-of-a-kind custom classic (as a single-shot). Thankfully the result is a gorgeous PCP pistol that consistently averages 3/4 to 1" five-shot groups at 50 yards.

Fast forwarding to today, last weekends Ebay purchase of what appeared a clean example of one of my favorite rifle scopes of all time had me holding my breath as I unboxed the Japanese made 4-12X Bushnell Trophy today. Thankfully it proved one of those (too rare) heart-warming surprises; LIKE NEW in all regards!:LOL:

Upon mounting it on the resurrected Falcon custom and sighting in to be about an inch low a fifty yards, despite gusty left-to-right crosswinds five 18.1 grain FX-branded JSBs went into this immensely gratifying 3/4" center-to-center group-

PN12 penny at 50.jpg

A (3/4" diameter) penny for group size reference-

Penny FN12 at 50.jpg

FWIW, I think the original Falcon FN12 and Japanese Bushnell Trophys are of similar vintage.

None, Got up and mowed the yard early before the heat started up, Temp now 92, humidity 60% giving a heat index of 105 at the moment. will only get worse as the afternoon goes on, so no shooting today. As I have gotten older I try to do outside activities, errands early before it gets hot, and then heat puts shooting out of mind at times.

Some S&W action today with my 78G and 79G.
Particularly pleased with my efforts with the 78G single arm hold. Obviously this was where I peaked...
20240804_093820.jpg

Not so good with the 79G, but the trigger is long creepy and heavy, I need to get this apart to see what I can do to improve it.
20240804_093752.jpg

Last edited:
8/3/24 5 pm
took the Walther lp53 mod 2 on the 10 meter range very light wind and 86 degrees . this is a single stroke Pneumatic .177 @ 3.2 FPE . Perfection !!!
Tried 3 different pellets Eley Tenex air /Vogel bulk pack / and RWS R 10 . All three proved acceptable with tenex leading the pack . Today i will try the H&N light 7.0 grain //Mine is the squarish barrel not the round
09-13-20-04-LP2-pump-lever-back.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited: