What pistol did you shoot today

I have been shooting this a lot lately (Walther model lp53 SSP ) this is so quiet you could have it on a night stand / wake up ,still in bed and shoot across the bedroom and not wake your wife up ! Not that i would recommend doing that .
09-13-20-04-LP2-pump-lever-back.jpg

You will love the Manul, I’ve done over 1k pellets through mine and adore it 👍

View attachment 488616
AJ mine shows up Wednesday, cant wait. I sold my HW44 yesterday to a friend who is learning the fun of shooting an air pistol. He has been a avid air gunner for quite a while. but this is his first Air Pistol so I am happy my HW is making new friends.

I had a DonnyFl tanto with 14x1.25 thread show up today so Wednesday should be able to go right to shooting the new Manul without having to worry about noise.
Thank you for sharing the information on your moderator size as it helped me decide what would look nice size wise on the Manul.
Mine will be slightly thinner and a little bit longer. But i definitely did not want fatter on a pistol.

Always felt the LP53 OEM sight a bit of a weak feature.
The one fitted to the LP2 is Neater, more robust, with no flexing and superb sight picture. Nice click adjustment screws with white dot to show you where you are...
So I've added one to my 53K ...made an adapter base with holes to match the old sight fixing threads....several 3/4 inch groups achieved at 10 yardsView attachment 474354
Hey Steve, I wanted to ask you a question but I haven't been a member of this forum long enough to send you a PM. Do you think the 53 would make a good first target pistol? I'm from the US and have extensive experience target shooting with firearms, but am looking to purchase my first air pistol. Does the 53 hold up to more modern offerings? I came across a good deal on one and wondered if I should jump on it, or find a newer SSP gun to learn on. Thanks

I shot the gk1 unsilenced, one mag of 20grain h and n pellets, with the power on the low/medium end. Definitely a sharp report and I could hear echo returns from the hills above my house. Doesn't exactly sound like a firearm there at this lower power setting. For plinking I'm keeping the power low and shooting these ridiculously light pellets to keep the trajectory similar. I love that this can be so quickly adjusted across such a wide range of energy levels. One of the things that first drew me to air guns was that adjustability within a single gun, very much appeals to me for some reason.

Crosman 600 semi-auto .22.
Took it out for some backyard exercise today.
I sometimes forget how accurate these old relics can be! Dime sized groups at 10 yards, and I'm not a particularly good shot.
My inner 12-year-old wants to rattle out the whole magazine (11 pellets) in rapid fire .... well yeah, that IS fun ... but the accuracy is more consistent if you let it warm back up between shots.
The silencer isn't as effective as I thought it would be, probably much of the noise is coming from the breech since a small gap (0.002" ?) is needed for the auto-loader to function properly.

C600.JPG

Hey Steve, I wanted to ask you a question but I haven't been a member of this forum long enough to send you a PM. Do you think the 53 would make a good first target pistol? I'm from the US and have extensive experience target shooting with firearms, but am looking to purchase my first air pistol. Does the 53 hold up to more modern offerings? I came across a good deal on one and wondered if I should jump on it, or find a newer SSP gun to learn on. Thanks
Perhaps I can chime in here?
An unmodified LP53 has two springs in the handle (concentric ... a little spring inside a bigger one), and some believe this arrangement can be improved by replacing these with a single spring from a different gun (a cut-down spring from a HW30? I'd need to check). In any case, the general setup leads to an odd kick unlike many other airguns and it takes some getting use to.
I've rebuilt and tuned my LP53 several times but frankly I find my old Diana 5 more stable and accurate.

The LP53 is definitely unique and fun to shoot but IMO there are other air pistols out there that I'd reach for if I only had to choose one.

!st of the year kill, Any way pulled the PP 750 out and its really fun to shoot, I pretty well put all the pistols up since the Hben came out,, If I could only get the PP 750 trigger to come close to the Huben trigger , I would be one happy camper.. I have since installed a red dot on the PP 750, I will see if I can load last weeks kill with the Huben,,, An open sight gun actually makes a better snake gun, My little P17 has taken an easy 40 rattlers
Mike
IMG_2271.JPG
IMG_1919.JPG