What pistol did you shoot today

Just got done fixing a leaky grip cap on one of mine. The O-ring for the piercing pin boke. Ready for the morning routine tomorrow. Love the Mk1 and S&W 78g.
Have the 78g and 79g. The 78g is a better shooting pistol in my experience. I'd like to aquire the mk2 someday. I've heard the same about them. The mk1 out shooting the 2.

Some led through the old Twinmasters today. No powerhouses, but very precise.
IMG_1517.jpeg

You might want one of these (KWC M712). It’s my go-to snake gun. Select fire BB pistol. A short full auto burst makes quick work of most any creepy crawler when I’m out hiking. I carry a few extra mags but have never had to use more than one

View attachment 490477
UPDATE: 1600 shots later ....

No failures to feed with Black Diamond BBs in 1500 shots.
Six F2F with lead BBs in 100 shots.
Barrel shroud set screw is worthless ... barrel shroud is now secured with epoxy.
Not sure why receiver and shroud weren't made as a single piece to start with (like the real gun).
Rear sight too loose at the hinge, rendering it useless. Re-bored hinge hole for a light press fit. Much better now.
I grease all the moving internals *very* liberally (not the magazine, just the gun). It seems to like it.

This is no target pistol, .... accuracy is sub-par. But I don't think that's the point of a BB repli-gun.
However, on full auto it's quite fearsome at close range (10m or less).

Last edited:
Pulled it apart today to grease up the innards, and took it out for some exercise.
And another rattlesnake *almost* fell victim to the dreaded Mauser.
He saw me, I saw him, and it was like a scene from a cartoon ..... a snake going as fast as it could with a trail of ammo kicking up the dirt inches behind him.
I need to get more of a lead next time :)

M712_mod_breech.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Genob and Bandito
Pulled it apart today to grease up the innards, and took it out for some exercise.
And another rattlesnake *almost* fell victim to the dreaded Mauser.
He saw me, I saw him, and it was like a scene from a cartoon ..... a snake going as fast as it could with a trail of ammo kicking up the dirt inches behind him.
I need to get more of a lead next time :)

View attachment 495464
I wasn't all that happy with the painted look, so I hit it with some steel wool and Brasso.
That scuffs it up a bit for a "used" look.
An unexpected result was all the surfaces are extremely smooth now, it actually feels like polished steel.

M712_patina.JPG

Fiddling around with the KWC Luger again.
This is a replica of the "baby" Luger with the short 3" barrel, and as you might expect the accuracy is nothing to brag about., even for a BB gun.
I glued that wiggly barrel shroud in place with epoxy and that helped .... a little.
But I might get another one of these and do a "Navy conversion", i.e. swap the 3" barrel for a 6" barrel. That oughta make a real difference.

KWC_PO8.JPG