What pistol did you shoot today

Frustrating fun!

Great when it cycles perfectly for ten rounds, but with some pellets it will hang, or get a low power 'dull' shot followed by a loud crack. Puzzling... 🤔

Pellets tried today were Hobbys, Excite Plinking and Umarex Mosquito.

This was about the best of the session, using Hobbys at 10m off-hand.

View attachment 479722
Who cares, she’s like the prettiest girl at the dance, no one cares if she’s stupid.

Didn't shoot yet but yesterday I got a wild hair and ordered an HW 70 Black Arrow fromAOA. Waiting to get my check to pay for an HW 44. BE Well Pistoleros, Bandito.
Let’s compare notes. Picked up one last week and ran just 5 pellets through it. I shot it for second time today more like 80 pellets today.

Reactions: Bandito
Vintage Americans at 10m this morning for me.

I obtained a Crosman 0.177 barrel and turned it down to fit my 38T to see if it would improve accuracy - which it has done, the only problem now is the trotter on the trigger.

20240915_084921.jpg

Power is up too, 450fps with 7gr Meisterkuglen; I made the breech forcing cone opening a little smaller than the original, which increases the contact area with the front of the rotating 'magazine'. I think this is reducing co2 losses in this area.

Next up was the 0.20 Sheridan E9a; this is way more accurate than it has a right to be in my mitts, with its narrow gritty trigger and shooting wildly to the left. Both shot targets off-hand have ten rounds at 10m with a LOT of hold over to the right.

20240915_134244.jpg

Reactions: Bandito and holo07
I've rebuilt some of those original valve stems. The little plastic ring crumbles over time and needs to be replaced. To do that I pressed them apart and made new rings from nylon, and pressed it all back together. Seems to work just fine. This was before I discovered that replacement valve stems were available.
Nowadays, it's much easier to just stock up with a few of the newer ones.

Reactions: Bandito and holo07
Used a little more fine steel wool on the M712 , and some paint stripper on the bolt. Lubed it all with Way oil #4.
Semiauto can deliver almost 60 shots. Full auto can easily dump the whole mag unless you have a *very quick* finger, and you'll get significantly fewer shots.
Holster carries two extra CO2 cartridges. I don't attach the shoulder stock all that often, that's a different rig altogether.

M712_2.JPG

M712_holster.JPG

Used a little more fine steel wool on the M712 , and some paint stripper on the bolt. Lubed it all with Way oil #4.
Semiauto can deliver almost 60 shots. Full auto can easily dump the whole mag unless you have a *very quick* finger, and you'll get significantly fewer shots.
Holster carries two extra CO2 cartridges. I don't attach the shoulder stock all that often, that's a different rig altogether.

View attachment 496438

View attachment 496440
One thing I never liked was all that glaring white writing on the right side.
As it turns out, this paint matches the original color almost perfectly.
The writing use to be visible in that recessed area just above the trigger.
It's a little glossier than I'd like, but a light dusting with some fine steel wool will fix that.

touchup.JPG

paint.JPG

Those are intriguing pistols and Krazycool is less than 40 miles away.
Just don't want to put out that amount of money. Because I will immediately want to add a buttstock and more. Then there are multiple calibers to own. Help, I'm down in a rabbit hole and it is slowly filling up with airguns! Be Well, 'dito.