What pistol did you shoot today

This is the clunky Hammerli Sparkler I picked up cheaply recently, the front end had been machined off and replaced with a tube that is embossed with the Hammerli brand, and the front sight was a long grub screw locked in place with a nut. 🙄
I made a new front sight using a spare from an Umarex 586 and a small block of aluminum, it still needs some extra height as the pistol is shooting high, but it is easy enough to sort out.
Hopefully I will be able shoot it a bit better then!
20240922_084346.jpg

This is the clunky Hammerli Sparkler I picked up cheaply recently, the front end had been machined off and replaced with a tube that is embossed with the Hammerli brand, and the front sight was a long grub screw locked in place with a nut. 🙄
I made a new front sight using a spare from an Umarex 586 and a small block of aluminum, it still needs some extra height as the pistol is shooting high, but it is easy enough to sort out.
Hopefully I will be able shoot it a bit better then!
View attachment 498327
These are solid old guns. I like seeing things like this still in working shape.

I've always been a little reluctant to run steel BBs in any BB gun for fear of damaging the barrel. So I started using lead BBs.
In the revolvers this works out well, but they'll jam every auto-loader I have.
The copper coated lead pellets work a little better but I still get frequent jams even with those.
Black Diamond steel BBs run fine, no jams. Well, extremely infrequently and typically when low on gas.
Full auto is the big test (MP40, M712) and I'm pretty much forced to use steel.
Some folks have told me to lubricate steel BBs, others say they don't need it.
Not sure why so many BB guns run brass barrels instead of steel?

Reactions: Bandito