What Prevented you from Shooting Today?

Fickle winds today.

Wanted to do some calm-weather 40 yard testing with the .177 HW100. Looked out the window and all the wind indicator flags were hanging straight down. By the time I pined up the target and settled on the bench flags were horizontal and twisting every which way so I packed it up.

An hour later it was calm again... until I got to the bench. The next two calm spells let me get a couple of shots before the wind came up. 😬

Finally gave up and went indoors to do some 10 meter target shooting. 🙂

Still blowing like crazy. Maybe I'll get some testing done tomorrow, it's usually calm for a couple of hours in the morning

Cheers!

Life gets in the way. I have been shooting adult airgun since the 1980s. My cousin once reminded me it was also the way I spent my childhood with my BB guns. I have a range membership to shoot my powder burners. I live on the edge of a small forest with neighbors that are on board so I could really shoot whenever I want in the backyard. All that and I still haven’t been shooting much lately. Honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way, I enjoy every shot. The last thing I want to do is grow tired of this wonderful hobby.

Other interests
I miss shredding the dirt. ( this be 2006-7 and my mid life crisis )

Just noticed, back then i was just 70 kilos or so, today i am 120 kilos and they are not evenly distributed.

tumblr_pum5oyLLwT1wxv8ejo1_1280.jpg

When i found out i did not have the stamina for that dirt thing, i changed to this, which a also miss dearly.

tumblr_prw9gutPws1wxv8ejo1_1280.jpg

The winds keep me in front of the computer, but tomorrow i will be slinging lead, staying with pellets ( .177 + .22 ) and 55 M distance only.
Tuesday i go to the hospital early in the morning to get a X ray, might get a little lead slinging in too

Last edited:
Tornado came through our area Tuesday. I’ve been chainsawing downed limbs for several days in the neighborhood.
This car was in the news that somehow ended up on its bumper and wires from telephone pole kept it that way on a nearby street. Tornado put a tree across neighbors house, wall to wall, in a tornado that hopscotched down our street 49 weeks ago.
Finally getting a breather today.

IMG_3640.jpeg

IMG_2673.jpeg

IMG_2672.jpeg

Last edited:
The Florida humidity. I should be able to go outside again in November. lol
I read that Florida has just quadrupled the budget for invasive species and may be offiering a bounty system on iguanas
Good time to be an airgun hunter in Florida

I read that Florida has just quadrupled the budget for invasive species and may be offiering a bounty system on iguanas
Good time to be an airgun hunter in Florida
I just read that also. A good opportunity for the guys living in South Florida. The python hunt is also currently going on. I think the top prize for biggest snake is 20K this year.