What Prevented you from Shooting Today?

I did 2 jobs for a year, even if that is not really needed in Denmark, was damn tough, so tip my hat to the PPL doing that.
My best job also sort of was 2 jobs, Mon - Fri + Sun was Noon to 5 in the morning, Saturday 8 in the morning to early afternoon.

Mind you always at least 1 day off between 2 work days for a total of 11 - 12 monthly work days, and only worked SAT-SUN every 3 weeks
And best of all, slept ( paid ) 3 hours during work in the summer and 6 hours in winter,,,, so in my book, best god damn job ever.

In the 90ties that paid me 2500 USD/mo after taxes.

I just read that also. A good opportunity for the guys living in South Florida. The python hunt is also currently going on. I think the top prize for biggest snake is 20K this year.
Someone needs to put together guided iguana and snake hunts. They could make a killing! 😬😜

a riding mower has a govenor on it?
I've never used one
How fast can those things go?
mine did about 8 mph, now 0 mph, governor is just to regulate the speed of the motor when under a load and to keep it from over revving, the throttle cable connects to the governor and the governor connects to the carb, the Governor uses centrifugal weights to regulate RPM of the motor, like the term "Balls Out" for steam engine governors, on mine the weight came off and got stuck in the gears of the crank and cam.

Left the practice track yesterday and got a call from my buddy on the way home. Dropped off my bike and gear and did this until midnight. Slept 10 hours and now I’m headed back to the practice track. Did manage to pick off a starling with my .177 as I was cleaning and reloading my truck. Weekends for me surprisingly have less airgun time than week days. The work week is just more relaxing than crazy weekends.

IMG_6240.jpeg

Not about shooting but RC flying. Drove a long distance to another club I visited just to realise I left my transmitter at home. :mad:
Been there, done that. It was a stupid ride home. As for not shooting today or all week basically, lack of energy and enthusiasm and it’s just too frigging hot! I didn’t fly RC today either.

Rick H.

Not about shooting but RC flying. Drove a long distance to another club I visited just to realise I left my transmitter at home. :mad:
I have done that a few times! I got to the field and realized I forgot the fuselage for my 5m glider! Hard to fly a carbin wing with no batteries in it.

I was lucky enough to get out in the smithy and finish a few knives. Weather has been cooler than normal so I seized the chance to fire up the forge. Normally I can't fire it up June-Sept because its to darn hot. I did take my new rifle out in the shop while a blade was in the temper oven and I had a hour to just admire the rifle.

80C8E49B-D77E-4056-B162-301A0967434E_1_105_c.jpeg

318318690_2096006520597201_2463257148242933374_n 2.jpeg
IMG_5732.jpeg

I was lucky enough to get out in the smithy and finish a few knives. Weather has been cooler than normal so I seized the chance to fire up the forge. Normally I can't fire it up June-Sept because its to darn hot. I did take my new rifle out in the shop while a blade was in the temper oven and I had a hour to just admire the rifle.

View attachment 488140
View attachment 488139View attachment 488142
What kind of anvils are those
that is an incredible looking shop!! That vice!!
how deep is the forge?
I would gladly miss shooting in trade for a day in your smithy!
Mike