What Red Dot scope is your favorite and why.

Hello everyone,

OK the title to this thread is pretty much self explanatory. Please only tell me what Red Dot Scope that you have owned and used and what points makes it stand out. I would also like to know what rifle or pistol you used the Scope with. If you happen to have a really close “second favorite” I would appreciate knowing about that one also.

Fellows, please don’t tell me about a Scope that you have not personally owned and used.

Thank you in advance,
ThomasT

Reactions: Clifton and CO2
My hawk vantage is the best I have had to date.
1000002567.jpg
clear lens, enclosed format, crisper dot, 11mm dovetail mount with no adapters, and a no frills multiple intensity of red without the gimmicks of r/g/b options. To be fair all other red dots I have used are on the lower end sub $50.

I've used a Bushnell TRS-25 and SwampFox Liberator. The Liberator was on sale when I got it. I like it works well, has shake awake but mine doesn't work anymore. Which I'm actually good with as I felt like it was always on riding in my truck. The TRS-25 probably fits me better with the simple knob for turning it on and off and the brightness level rather than the buttons on the Liberator. I think the Liberator is definitely the nicer one though for sure.

I've used a Bushnell TRS-25 and SwampFox Liberator. The Liberator was on sale when I got it. I like it works well, has shake awake but mine doesn't work anymore. Which I'm actually good with as I felt like it was always on riding in my truck. The TRS-25 probably fits me better with the simple knob for turning it on and off and the brightness level rather than the buttons on the Liberator. I think the Liberator is definitely the nicer one though for sure.
The TRS-25 is a solid optic. I used mine on my duty rifle for about 4 year until I broke down and bought an EOTECH. It was knocked around in its first 4 years. It has floated around on my 870 and plinking AG’s since. It’s currently out on loan.

IMG_5121.jpeg

ULTRADOT Match Dot 2

5 different aim points being 3 differing Dot sizes ( 1-2-3 MOA ), Circle Dot & Cross Dot
Compact in a smaller 30 mm tube.
Vertical elevation can be clicked like a full size scope
11 brightness settings
Optional adjustable polarize objective extension

Simply the best of best in a conventional "Tube" Red dot non magnified sight

Unlike prisms it does not wash out in bright light use
1717252873835.png

Last edited:
My hawk vantage is the best I have had to date. View attachment 469023clear lens, enclosed format, crisper dot, 11mm dovetail mount with no adapters, and a no frills multiple intensity of red without the gimmicks of r/g/b options. To be fair all other red dots I have used are on the lower end sub $50.
Hello @Hold_Over

Thank you, this is one that is on my list.

ThomasT

Reactions: Hold_Over
My hawk vantage is the best I have had to date. View attachment 469023clear lens, enclosed format, crisper dot, 11mm dovetail mount with no adapters, and a no frills multiple intensity of red without the gimmicks of r/g/b options. To be fair all other red dots I have used are on the lower end sub $50.
What size are you using?

ULTRADOT Match Dot 2

5 different aim points being 3 differing Dot sizes, Circle Dot & Cross Dot
Compact in a smaller 30 mm tube.
Vertical elevation can be clicked like a full size scope
11 brightness settings
Optional adjustable polarize objective extension

Simply the best of best in a conventional "Tube" Red dot non magnified sight

Unlike prisms it does not wash out in bright light use
View attachment 469036
Hello @Motorhead

I really like the "Circle Dot" , this one is also on my list.

ThomasT

What size are you using?
Mine is for the 11mm dovetail though

Aimpoint Acro. Compact, can mount closer to the bore, or (with mounts) get it to wherever your face fits. I use mine on my 3-gun AR as a secondary optic for close targets. Close second is the C-more. A bit weird to zero, but they just work and the optic is large and visible. I have an Aimpoint PRO on my pistol-caliber carbine that's been pretty great as well. The only dot I've used on airguns is a Vortex somethin' or other that I find bulky and lacking.

GsT

Sig Sauer Romeo7 and Juliet 6 combo, a second week I gave it back to a dealer and waited next seven months for my money. It was mounted on my Impact MK2.
The below tried on my Leshiy2
Romeo 5 variant, returned to a store.
One more returned can't remember the Brand but it wasn't cheep.
Since then not spending a $100 for a red dot.
Have one Feyachi reflex dot deep in my drawers, replaced it with IO 14-50 prism.
And one Feyachi RDS-36 , it is a really decent unit for the money. Replaced it with IO 5-30 pro prism.

• Wow
Reactions: ThomasT
ThomasT!
I use an old Leupold/Gilmore. It's 30mm tube dot that isn't made any longer. It's a shame because it's super easy to 'find' the dot when aiming instead of moving the gun around to find it (it's on a revolver). I really like the sope rings as they don't require leveling.
I liked it so much that when Leupold stopped making it, I found 5 on various sites and bought them all. I ended up selling all but a single for backup. You can find them occasionally on ebay or other similar sites.
I too like the Ultra-Dot brand dot sights. I had a small Ultra-Dot L/T on a S&W Model 41 that was fairly easy to locate the dot.
Tube dots seem to offer a better 'locating' eye to dot mechanism for some reason.
1717299915414.png

1717299992345.png