What Red Dot scope is your favorite and why.

eyes dont work super well with dots, but one i find 'nifty' and functional is a primary arms 1-4x scope that has a decent crosshair, but you can turn on a dot, turn it down to 1X and presto, dual function you can use it like a dot .. optics are pretty nice, drawback - its quite heavy and large for what it is .. still, i cuddle with it sometimes because its just kool haha

20240602_191624.jpg

20240602_191228.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bf1956 and ThomasT
I run Holosun with their shake to wake and solar technology on everything that requires a red dot now. If I grab any one of my platforms with a red dot or holographic on it the optic is always on when I touch it. No need to turn it on or worry if the batteries dead, the optic automatically adjusts to the lighting around you so it won't be too bright or too dim. I have 3 of these now, one on my Leshiy 2, one on my S45 and the pistol version on my GK1, I run the flip up magnifier on my S45.
In 4 years I have never picked it up and found a dead battery, also I have never picked it up and not had the shake to wake activate.
Amazing optics for the price.
Also I'm pretty hard on .y gear so I have dropped and banged the optics and never had poi change.

Nothing will beat this for me for a red dot under $500.

HOLOSUN HE510C-GR Elite

It's amazing, I take it on and off rifles regularly and it's quick and easy.
I run this on most of my platforms, can't beat the tech, extended battery life and durability in that price range. Most of my Powder Burner buddies have switched to this optic after using mine.

I run this on most of my platforms, can't beat the tech, extended battery life and durability in that price range. Most of my Powder Burner buddies have switched to this optic after using mine.
Hello @SenseiSmash

I went to their website but could not find anything about the cover to protect the scope. Would you take a picture of yours and post it here ?

Thank you,
ThomasT

Holosun for airguns, pistoled (eps) and shotguns, and sig Romeo 4t/4xt on ar uppers.

The holosun have really come along and it’s hard to buy anything else in that price category that matches the quality/features.

If you are concerned about supporting the CCP, then the sig 4t is the way to go. I prefer sig 4t line over aimpoint for having a bdc reticle option, and just as clear glass if you aren’t passively aiming with nods. I don’t think anyone is using nods with air rifles though, but on the off chance you’ll want aimpoint

Hello @SenseiSmash

I went to their website but could not find anything about the cover to protect the scope. Would you take a picture of yours and post it here ?

Thank you,
ThomasT
I'll need to search for my covers. These are EDC pieces and are stowed in quick deploy bags so no need for the covers anymore as it cuts down the time to get on target.
Here's is a link to the USA made cover for the 503c

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
I'll need to search for my covers. These are EDC pieces and are stowed in quick deploy bags so no need for the covers anymore as it cuts down the time to get on target.
Here's is a link to the USA made cover for the 503c
Hello @SenseiSmash

OK, thank you.

ThomasT

Leupold —— Freedom RDS Red Dot Sight —— 1x34, 1.0 MOA Dot, BDC Turret, 34mm Mount.

What was important to me was an exposed turret.

This weekend it will finally go on the GK1 for which I bought it — long before I had the funds for the pistol.... 😆

But when on a bullpup it took down pigeons lightening fast out to 45y....

At the link below it sells for $400, but can be bought for $300, or even for 200$ used:

Matthias

Scope.   Leupold.   Freedom RDS Red Dot Sight.  1x34, 1.0 MOA Dot, BDC Turret, 34mm Mount.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Chard and ThomasT
Leupold —— Freedom RDS Red Dot Sight —— 1x34, 1.0 MOA Dot, BDC Turret, 34mm Mount.

What was important to me was an exposed turret.

This weekend it will finally go on the GK1 for which I bought it — long before I had the funds for the pistol.... 😆

But when on a bullpup it took down pigeons lightening fast out to 45y....

At the link below it sells for $400, but can be bought for $300, or even for 200$ used:

Matthias

View attachment 470490
Hello @JungleShooter

Thank you. I looked up this scope on their website and it showed "Battery life at brightness 4 of 8: 1000 hours minimum".

Have you noticed this to be close to your battery life? That seems short compared to other Dot Scopes.

However I do like the 1-MOA dot.

Does the automatic "On" and "Off" work OK ?

Thanks again,
ThomasT

Hello @JungleShooter

Thank you. I looked up this scope on their website and it showed "Battery life at brightness 4 of 8: 1000 hours minimum".

Have you noticed this to be close to your battery life? That seems short compared to other Dot Scopes.

However I do like the 1-MOA dot.

Does the automatic "On" and "Off" work OK ?

Thanks again,
ThomasT

Hi ThomasT,

● I can't tell you anything about the battery life.

● The motion-activated ON works as described.

● The elevation turret clicks mushy. It has a zero stop (can be disabled), and allows for only one revolution.
It is a BDC turret, but includes tiny MOA numbers. A DIY turret tape will adapt this to my gun.

● I have detected some parallax — something that I am NOT pleased with! Supposedly dot sights have no parallax.

🔺️ I appreciate any comments from more experienced users on parallax!

● I like the 34mm tube — which allows me to use any mount — because I want to mount it close to the barrel.

● Another dot sight that was a close second on my list was the
ULTRADOT Match Dot 2 or Dot 4, or another variation.
Since the manufacturer was a totally unknown to me, and since it was so different from typical dot sights, I did not buy it.
But after seeing TWO endorsements on this thread alone — I might try this!

Matthias

• Love
Hi ThomasT,

● I can't tell you anything about the battery life.

● The motion-activated ON works as described.

● The elevation turret clicks mushy. It has a zero stop (can be disabled), and allows for only one revolution.
It is a BDC turret, but includes tiny MOA numbers. A DIY turret tape will adapt this to my gun.

● I have detected some parallax — something that I am NOT pleased with! Supposedly dot sights have no parallax.

🔺️ I appreciate any comments from more experienced users on parallax!

● I like the 34mm tube — which allows me to use any mount — because I want to mount it close to the barrel.

● Another dot sight that was a close second on my list was the
ULTRADOT Match Dot 2 or Dot 4, or another variation.
Since the manufacturer was a totally unknown to me, and since it was so different from typical dot sights, I did not buy it.
But after seeing TWO endorsements on this thread alone — I might try this!

Matthias
Hey again @JungleShooter

Thanks for the info.

ThomasT

I own an Ultradot 30mm, Bushnell TRS25, Vortex Spitfire Sparc 2, and a Swampfox Liberty in green. All of them have been used for years on all kinds of setups, both air and powder burners. I dont know that I could pick only one since they are all so different, but here are some things I like about each of them.

The Ultradot has a super fine and bright true round dot with pretty nice windage/elevation adjustments. It is the best at longer ranges out of all the dots I own.
The Bushnell TRS25 is cheap and solid with a small dot or medium dot models, mine is the smaller.
The Vortex resides permanently on my 3000fpe pistol since I know Vortex will happily replace it if it were to fail. It comes with little flip caps and has nice turret adjustment like the Ultradot.
The Swampfox is green and is best for anyone with an astigmatism and its freakin tiny and lightweight. It has shake awake and auto shutoff, an rmr footprint, and battery on top. I like this on my lightweight setups.

Tons of choices out there now good luck!

Last edited:
  • Love
Hello
The most versatile I have found is an Eotech 552: 1 moa dot, NV compatable , uses aa batteries, and works great with a magnifier. Aimpoint pro is a great second: but 2 moa dot , 1/3n battery although super rugged. If you want a scope with built in magnification Meopta Optika 6 scope with illuminated dot, I have 2 a 1-6 and a 3-18. The 1-6 works better on pb due to 100y parallax setting but at 1x not bad, the 3-18 is amazing 10 yd parallax. Both are super clear and build quality " I believe " is better than my Leupold mark 4s. Only down side is just that they are on the heavy side. If you want a less expensive option look at the Vortex crossfire 1x on sale now for $119 at optics planet great red dot, clear, bright, and great warranty Hope this helps Eric.

• Love
Hello
The most versatile I have found is an Eotech 552: 1 moa dot, NV compatable , uses aa batteries, and works great with a magnifier. Aimpoint pro is a great second: but 2 moa dot , 1/3n battery although super rugged. If you want a scope with built in magnification Meopta Optika 6 scope with illuminated dot, I have 2 a 1-6 and a 3-18. The 1-6 works better on pb due to 100y parallax setting but at 1x not bad, the 3-18 is amazing 10 yd parallax. Both are super clear and build quality " I believe " is better than my Leupold mark 4s. Only down side is just that they are on the heavy side. If you want a less expensive option look at the Vortex crossfire 1x on sale now for $119 at optics planet great red dot, clear, bright, and great warranty Hope this helps Eric.
Hello @esingle

Lots of good info for me to consider, thank you.

ThomasT