• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other What should I get?

So I have a settlement coming from a company I contracted for who was apparently shorting the 1099s some earnings. I happened to be on the list of said individuals, so I'm getting a check in the some of close to 3 grand.

I plan on saving half, and spending the other 1500ish or so on my first higher end gun.

I prefer traditional wood rifles, more so carbines. That doesn't rule out say, a BRK bantam or something.

I'm leaning towards an air arms s510 carbine, or a daystate revere or regal. Considered the FX dreamline, but im not sold on the super high rings to fit the mags, but it has its pros with adjustability and parts, and I like to tinker.

What you guys think you'd get, and if you own one of the aforementioned gems, tell me your take on them.

Reactions: Airgun Al
My last dreamline shotstring though.

Screenshot_20231108_095158_FX Radar.jpg

So I have a settlement coming from a company I contracted for who was apparently shorting the 1099s some earnings. I happened to be on the list of said individuals, so I'm getting a check in the some of close to 3 grand.

I plan on saving half, and spending the other 1500ish or so on my first higher end gun.

I prefer traditional wood rifles, more so carbines. That doesn't rule out say, a BRK bantam or something.

I'm leaning towards an air arms s510 carbine, or a daystate revere or regal. Considered the FX dreamline, but im not sold on the super high rings to fit the mags, but it has its pros with adjustability and parts, and I like to tinker.

What you guys think you'd get, and if you own one of the aforementioned gems, tell me your take on them.
I own a dreamline and I wouldn’t order that one. I had an issue with the valve stem breaking. It’s a weak point in the gun and a design flaw they haven’t addressed on that model. It wasn’t accurate in .177 so I went back to .22. Needless to say I bought a different gun in .177 for the range and will use the dreamline for hunting only.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein

Every serious airgun collection should include an Air Arms S510. Amazingly simple, superiorly detailed, incredibly accurate, almost no maintenance required. .22 is my favorite though I either own or have owned .177, .22, and .25s.

You won’t regret a Revere. If you want a nice trigger it’s a lock. IMO the drawback to most of the FX line is the trigger system they use in most of it.

I have adjustable height rings on now to keep my target scope as close to center for dedicated 30YC use. You can get away with mounts a little lower. AoA said I needed extra high mounts to clear the magazine, but you do not. With my Midas Tac I use Hawke high. I included an extra high and high mount.

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_9754.jpeg

IMG_9752.jpeg

I would go with the regal over the side lever on this platform for looks reasons. I can't remember, is the regal available in a regulated model?
Either way...I have one of each...Can't go wrong with either. I just like the SOLID feel of the bolt action. I have a side lever Wolverine r .177 it's OK but prefere the bolt.

Reactions: orangeokie