• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other What should I get?

I have a Revere in .177cal that loves ZAN slugs and H&N slugs. However you are seeking a larger caliber which I wouldn`t know. It is my impression that Daystate in generel shoots slugs quit well in all calibers.
I too was in your "shoes" some years back and ended up with a Revere. However the AA S510 was a strong candidate too and even to this day I still consider one to kill the brainfart. Another one you may want to look at too is the Steyr Hunting Challenge. I would say its the Rolls Royce.

Never heard of that model. I'll have to check it out, thanks.

I've owned a Revere, Huntsman and Air Arms S410 Carbine (with the classic/larger tube installed) and the S410 rifle. The Air Arms S410/S510 are legendary in their accuracy and have butter smooth side levers and have external power adjusters and triggers can be adjusted nicely. They are long (especially with an LDC attached), have low shot count and the factory magazines become fiddly and need work after awhile. Don't know if they still make them but the RC mags worked great. Either the Daystate or Air Arms platforms just work.

I'd also suggest you look at the FX Cyclone and FX Tarantula. The Tarantula is discontinued and will have to be purchased used but I humbly suggest buying any gun used.

You asked where to buy and Air Arms S510. Here's a link to Pyramyd Air and you can buy a refurbished or new. Your choice.

So if I were to be leaning towards the s510 carbine, where would I find one to buy? My googling didn't find me much.

I found mine (like new in box) on Airguns of Arizona pre-owned site. Half price of new. A very fine rifle for sure. Steel and Walnut.

AAS510 Carbine.jpg

Also a sucker for traditional looking rifles in wood/laminate and own/owned Revere, Dreamline, S510 and HW100. If i would have to keep just one it would be the HW100. Just a cut above the others in terms of build quality. Not much oem left on mine but great out of the box regardless.

View attachment 421311
The HW100 and 110 are on my radar for sure. Everyone that has them only have positive things to say.

Todd, do you want to meet up and shoot a .177 Revere, .22 and .177 Dreamline Tac? Could help you make up your mind.
I won't be getting the check for a couple more months most likely, so we could maybe set up a day in the spring to do some shooting and I can check them out. You'd get to shoot your old jumbo... even though it's been through a few surgeries since you had it. I guess even air guns can have identity issues!

I think I've decided it will be the daystate huntsman revere for my first top tier gun. It checks all the boxes for me, and it's just a nice looking gun and every video I watch of them I hear it calling to me lol. The s510 will come later, or preferably a s410 bolt if I can find one.

The dreamline just doesn't do it for me like I used to think. It almost feels like a pseudo traditional rifle, doesn't have that elegance of the other 2. If I were to get one, it would be a field gun vs taking the huntsman out walking. It'll probably end up like some of my higher end guitars that never leave their case except to play in the chair by the Amp!

So I have a settlement coming from a company I contracted for who was apparently shorting the 1099s some earnings. I happened to be on the list of said individuals, so I'm getting a check in the some of close to 3 grand.

I plan on saving half, and spending the other 1500ish or so on my first higher end gun.

I prefer traditional wood rifles, more so carbines. That doesn't rule out say, a BRK bantam or something.

I'm leaning towards an air arms s510 carbine, or a daystate revere or regal. Considered the FX dreamline, but im not sold on the super high rings to fit the mags, but it has its pros with adjustability and parts, and I like to tinker.

What you guys think you'd get, and if you own one of the aforementioned gems, tell me your take on them.
Buy a Revere - solid!
FX only if you are a tinkerer
Airarms are awesome as well but longish
This Revere is one of my favorite FT shooters
IMG_6834.jpeg

I think I've decided it will be the daystate huntsman revere for my first top tier gun. It checks all the boxes for me, and it's just a nice looking gun and every video I watch of them I hear it calling to me lol. The s510 will come later, or preferably a s410 bolt if I can find one.

The dreamline just doesn't do it for me like I used to think. It almost feels like a pseudo traditional rifle, doesn't have that elegance of the other 2. If I were to get one, it would be a field gun vs taking the huntsman out walking. It'll probably end up like some of my higher end guitars that never leave their case except to play in the chair by the Amp!
Thats a great choice you wont regret.