• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other What should I get?

There is only about an inch of shroud space between the end of the barrel and the shroud end. It has a pretty good pop to it. Shot a round in the basement without the moderator and it was loud. I use an OldSpook 3d/carbon tube mod and it tames it down to kitten levels.

Mine stacks 10.3s at 900 fps.

The Revere in .177 is a gentlemen's rifle much like the Euro's and the 28 gauge over under. Does just fine without a lot of excess.

Last edited:
There is only about an inch of shroud space between the end of the barrel and the shroud end. It has a pretty good pop to it. Shot a round in the basement with the moderator and it was loud. I use an OldSpook 3d/carbon tube mod and it tames it down to kitten levels.

The Revere in .177 is a gentlemen's rifle much like the Euro's and the 28 gauge over under. Does just fine without a lot of excess.
18 fpe is like an ice pick for squirrels and birds. It'll work fine. I don't have any 177s currently, but the price tag between the 177 and 22 is pretty steep. Also, this would eliminate the chane of regulator failure.

I've got a couple mods I can use on it, just want to keep length down.

I used a huma 30mm mod and two sections worked good. OldSpook makes them any length and the one I have is around 3-4 inches, weights nothing and you never know it is out there. Works just as good as my huma. I tried to put a huma reg in mine and could not get the reg to hold air back. Kept getting a slow leak past the reg and coming out the air tube threads by the receiver. Gave up and went back to no reg.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
There is only about an inch of shroud space between the end of the barrel and the shroud end. It has a pretty good pop to it. Shot a round in the basement without the moderator and it was loud. I use an OldSpook 3d/carbon tube mod and it tames it down to kitten levels.

I tried finding a picture of what he makes. Do you know of any threads here or another forum that has them

I have an OldSpook mod on my Caiman 177 slugger and another on a Prod. They work very well and represent great value. Here’s the Caiman:

IMG_0685.jpeg

I recall someone mentioning that the Revere 177 is also a great slug shooter. I haven’t had anything not DRT, including 6 raccoons, after a noggin shot with a 16grain 177 slug. I sense that Dr K could have a lot of fun with that. Ice picks indeed.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Here's a used FX Tarantula for your consideration. I've bought air guns from Tom Strayhorn (the Seller) in the past and he's a straight up guy.

ps-would discourage you from buying an Air Arms S410/400 with the bolt. The S410/S400 and S510/S500 with sidelevers are so much better.

The tarantula is a bit dated, and super long too. As for the s410 bolt, I'm digging it because of the traditional looks. The revere will be a side lever.

I have a couple side lever guns, and had a couple bolt BSa which see very similar to the AA guns. I'm fine with either.

The tarantula is a bit dated, and super long too. As for the s410 bolt, I'm digging it because of the traditional looks. The revere will be a side lever.

I have a couple side lever guns, and had a couple bolt BSa which see very similar to the AA guns. I'm fine with either.
Appreciate your desire for a "traditional look" with the Air Arms bolt BUT there was a reason that Air Arms replaced it with their smooth sidelever. It works better.

Appreciate your desire for a "traditional look" with the Air Arms bolt BUT there was a reason that Air Arms replaced it with their smooth sidelever. It works better.
They definitely make a follow up shot much easier. I don't like how small their lever is too. It's tight to the breech and like a small spoon or something. Biathlon levers are much better.

The Revere side lever feels like there is no hammer spring inside since it cocks so light and smooth. It truely is a nice action. The slingshot hammer makes a super nice shot cycle.

Carm mags are the only way to go for extra mags that don't cost $100 each.
It's a done deal in my mind for getting a Revere. Just deciding on 177 unregged vs 22 regged. I don't have ore shoot 177 anymore. I don't want the revere in 25 either. Decisions decisions...

Now as for after, I might get an HW100K before the AA S410/510 whatever.