What software do you use for gopro solomo videos?

I will record a short video in 240 frames / second, and then see if i can slow that down in the free version of Davinci resolve,,,,, but i think that's no problem.

Will record out my living room window hoping to catch car passing by, though road is closes very close by due to road work on intersecting road.
If not i will slow People down to a crawl.

Yup no problemo,,,,, well it took me a little while to get to terms with resolve again, also never tried to slow things down with it.
also had to DL and install a new version,,,,, of course :)

But it work just fine.

As a treat i recorded it all with the screen recorder in my GFX driver from AMD.

Using " blade " mode in resolve to trim unwanted parts, then delete then by highlight and press DEL on keyboard.
Then select clip, R click select the speed option, i select 10 % here using 240 FPS footage, remember to tag the same things i have or it will not work on the whole clip.
And then i just export the clip after i am done using the quick export, you can also export in a manner where you select what you like.

The video on youtube are 1440p as that is the resolution of my screen i am recording, the output file of resolve are of course the 1080p like the original file used for the demo.

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleShooter
The same gig just using my old power director 17, now out in version 25 or something.
More intuitive to me and my go to video software even if i have other ones too.

Again load file - trim ends of it i do now want, R click on video - go to video speed, and taking that way down to 10 %
also unlink video and audio and then delete audio track.

Then export the final video, just like that ( lean back in chair and snap fingers )

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleShooter
Forgot to say, this is footage from my insta 360 Ace Pro.
Sadly i have destroyed my old Osmo action so i can not try that, but i do remember i could slow its footage down in powerdirector at least.

The OP issue is probably a go pro thing,,,,, not nessesary a bad thing of course but something unique to their products output.

I am sort of amazed a gopro can not record strait to slow mo like my old djo osmo action also could, my new insta well it do have to process the footage after capture, but it happen in camera fairly fast after a recording.