What springer did you shoot today?

Thanks for responding. I knew they were capable of building gems like your 75. Too bad they lost that art.
Again beautiful rifle. Crow

The guy I bought it from was a fairly successful 10 meter shooter at the state level back in the day with the rifle. He took good care of it over the years, and sold it to me at what I consider to be a very fair price. These days 10 meter is dominated by PCP, but for local club level competition it's still a viable gun you could be competitive with. It's an amazing piece of engineering and being a springer with zero recoil it shoots/sounds like no other rifle I own. If I do my part, it'll shoot one hole groups at 10 meters.

I was out this morning. First 3 at 100-yards no wind. Second 3 0-6 from behind-left. I was not a great day. I dropped a couple on the first 3. A lot of vertical today. The last target (6) was the tighest but high by about an inch.

20230716_162936.jpg

20230716_162942.jpg

20230716_162947.jpg

20230716_163016.jpg

20230716_163020.jpg

20230716_163023.jpg

A bunch of different ones.

First off was my recently acquired mystery tuned 20 cal Hw98.

Second was my scoped 177 HW30.

Third was my 177 HW97

Fourth was my HW95. I didn't like todays tin of JSBs. Switched to FTTs and it finally came around after a couple fouling groups. The high flyer on the last group was me.

All five shot groups at 28 yards. It's nice to finally shoot outdoors on my own property

20230716_155029.jpg

Third was my 177 HW97

Fourth was my HW95. I didn't like todays tin of JSBs. Switched to FTTs and it finally came around after a couple fouling groups. The high flyer on the last group was me.

All five shot groups at 28 yards. It's nice to finally shoot outdoors on my own property

View attachment 373311
Looking good Ron. I'm glad you are finally in your new home. Get that 98 tuned up, it can do better!

TO{day is going to crono a D54 , then shoot HW35 because it has sat for a while . right now i am mounting a 36x target scope on my HW30 and shoot bench rest targets @ 30 yards , should be fun .
ok update D54 crono FTT8.64 @ 670FPS or 8.6 FPE // definatly have to mod the china Z mount it
"settles" all over , Actually it stays in a 1 inch circle @ 15 yard target so not as bad as i expected but 4 corner shim screws will keep it in place and still let it work . WE SHALL SEE ? if this works on the china one (for practice) then i will do the same on Diana Z mount .

The guy I bought it from was a fairly successful 10 meter shooter at the state level back in the day with the rifle. He took good care of it over the years, and sold it to me at what I consider to be a very fair price. These days 10 meter is dominated by PCP, but for local club level competition it's still a viable gun you could be competitive with. It's an amazing piece of engineering and being a springer with zero recoil it shoots/sounds like no other rifle I own. If I do my part, it'll shoot one hole groups at 10 meters.
I have 2 from that era and they are gorgeous works of art with awesome triggers. Crow
I was out this morning. First 3 at 100-yards no wind. Second 3 0-6 from behind-left. I was not a great day. I dropped a couple on the first 3. A lot of vertical today. The last target (6) was the tighest but high by about an inch.

View attachment 373294

View attachment 373295

View attachment 373296

View attachment 373297

View attachment 373298

View attachment 373299
They’re getting tighter. Nice shooting. Crow

Third was my 177 HW97

View attachment 373311
Nice shooting.
Glad to hear your settled in. Nothing worse than moving.
You say 98 .20 I get weak in the knee, one day. Been trying for over 2 yrs. Crow
ok update D54 crono FTT8.64 @ 670FPS or 8.6 FPE // definatly have to mod the china Z mount it
"settles" all over , Actually it stays in a 1 inch circle @ 15 yard target so not as bad as i expected but 4 corner shim screws will keep it in place and still let it work . WE SHALL SEE ? if this works on the china one (for practice) then i will do the same on Diana Z mount .
Did you do the 3 nylon screw modification? Crow

I have 2 from that era and they are gorgeous works of art with awesome triggers. Crow

They’re getting tighter. Nice shooting. Crow

Nice shooting.
Glad to hear your settled in. Nothing worse than moving.
You say 98 .20 I get weak in the knee, one day. Been trying for over 2 yrs. Crow

Did you do the 3 nylon screw modification? Crow
not yet have to get the nylon screws. i mistyped on the FPS crono Diana 54 it was 570 not 6 70FPE so a weak D54 , but only paid $250 for it so i can have it done by David Slade .

not yet have to get the nylon screws. i mistyped on the FPS crono Diana 54 it was 570 not 6 70FPE so a weak D54 , but only paid $250 for it so i can have it done by David Slade .
Did you show a knife to get it for $250? Did you give a tip? Crow
I was waiting on the wife to come home so I broke out a couple rifles
View attachment 373340View attachment 373341
Sweet guns.
Few days ago, I was sitting at bench. Jacking a DIana 24 with no rubber butt. It slid off on thigh and caught the twins. Gonna wear a cup next time. 😖I’d rather break a spring. Crow

Looking good Ron. I'm glad you are finally in your new home. Get that 98 tuned up, it can do better!
Thanks. I'm glad I bought the kit for the 98 already. Funny how my little 30 did as well as any of them. Yesterday my 177 95 was king. Everyday is a different day with springers 🤣

I acquired a like new Ruger Blackhawk/Umarex springer rifle on Gunbroker. It arrived yesterday afternoon. Today I got the scope installed and fired a few pellets in the backyard to sight it in. It is much easier to cock than my Winchester 1000 and the trigger pull is also easier. I will take it to the range on Tuesday and refine the zero and then send a bunch of pellets downrange to settle it down.

It wasn't about me today. My wife has been working too hard lately. A very dedicated woman. I told her last week how bad we need to go to a favorite woods and shoot some pellets and go for a nice walk together. I brought the R7 she likes to shoot the best and nothing for me to shoot. This was all about her today. Well, she was not hitting the soda cans Ihad set up for her. A few times she said she heard a hit but no can toppled. I walked over and looked at the cans and not a scratch. So I stood behind her and noticed the gun was shooting high. I hadn't shot it for several years because this one is always hers to shoot. Work and family business just kept her from shooting for longer than I can remember it seems. So I took a few shots when I realized the gun was shooting about 4 inches high. No wonder she wasn't connecting. I showed her how low to hold and next thing you know she's just wacking those cans one after another.
We then locked the gun in the truck and went for a nice long walk in the woods together. When we got home our sons made grilled burgers, home made french fries, and baked beans. Mom relaxed. The boys almost always cook for us Sunday evenings.
You've seen this beautiful R7 before. It was $189 when I bought it:
IMG_0652.jpg
IMG_0650.jpg

Did you show a knife to get it for $250? Did you give a tip? Crow

Sweet guns.
Few days ago, I was sitting at bench. Jacking a DIana 24 with no rubber butt. It slid off on thigh and caught the twins. Gonna wear a cup next time. 😖I’d rather break a spring. Crow
no knife ,although the chain saw may have had an influence ? OUCH ! this Diana 54 is very hard to jack and when you push the last bit (where the works slides up in the stock ) i have to shift my hand around and push hard down on the lever . I think i need David Slade to rebuild and tune . He is about 2 hours from me .

Reactions: crowski
Shot the first .25 I ever bought. Best $50 I've ever spent. Also shot a .20

View attachment 373360
I can’t buy 2 tins of pellets for $50. Good old days. Crow
Can made me mad. It was empty. HW45 took care of it.

View attachment 373423
You have a temper. Crow
I acquired a like new Ruger Blackhawk/Umarex springer rifle on Gunbroker. It arrived yesterday afternoon. Today I got the scope installed and fired a few pellets in the backyard to sight it in. It is much easier to cock than my Winchester 1000 and the trigger pull is also easier. I will take it to the range on Tuesday and refine the zero and then send a bunch of pellets downrange to settle it down.
Not familiar, need a pic. Crow
It wasn't about me today. My wife has been working too hard lately. A very dedicated woman. I told her last week how bad we need to go to a favorite woods and shoot some pellets and go for a nice walk together. I brought the R7 she likes to shoot the best and nothing for me to shoot. This was all about her today. Well, she was not hitting the soda cans Ihad set up for her. A few times she said she heard a hit but no can toppled. I walked over and looked at the cans and not a scratch. So I stood behind her and noticed the gun was shooting high. I hadn't shot it for several years because this one is always hers to shoot. Work and family business just kept her from shooting for longer than I can remember it seems. So I took a few shots when I realized the gun was shooting about 4 inches high. No wonder she wasn't connecting. I showed her how low to hold and next thing you know she's just wacking those cans one after another.
We then locked the gun in the truck and went for a nice long walk in the woods together. When we got home our sons made grilled burgers, home made french fries, and baked beans. Mom relaxed. The boys almost always cook for us Sunday evenings.
View attachment 373450View attachment 373451
Natures art. Crow
Just got this B30 thanks @Shuggoth. It's shoots as good as it looks. 15 off-hand at 40 yards.

I also shot the TS45

View attachment 373710

View attachment 373712

View attachment 373713

View attachment 373714

View attachment 373715

View attachment 373716
Looks like a beauty. Nice shooting. Crow

View attachment 373450View attachment 373451
you know some people have to pay buck's to have a stock like that. HMMM/maybe you did ?