What springer did you shoot today?

Was able to do a little shooting at the range today. I fired the new to me Ruger out to 15 yards indoors and made some minor sight adjustments. Outside was too busy for me to do any 25 yard shooting. Maybe Friday. I am not crazy about the scope that came with the rifle so I have a Hawke 2x7 scope on the way.

Ruger Pettel 1.jpg

Was able to do a little shooting at the range today. I fired the new to me Ruger out to 15 yards indoors and made some minor sight adjustments. Outside was too busy for me to do any 25 yard shooting. Maybe Friday. I am not crazy about the scope that came with the rifle so I have a Hawke 2x7 scope on the way.

View attachment 373951
I have a Hawke 2x7 on my HW98. Holds a zero and has withstood springer recoil with no problems. Great scope for the money.

View attachment 373951
You will have no problems with the Air Max. Enjoy. Crow

View attachment 373951
I really didn't get to shoot it today, but I replaced the stock scope mounts. They would not stay put, but gradually slid to the rear. I installed a picatinny rail with three clamping screws and a pair of Weaver rings. I will rezero on Friday and ensure the mount stays put. Also, I have the eye piece screwed forward as far as it will go and the crosshair still isn't totally focused. Still waiting for the Hawke to be shipped.

Worked my butt off working on yard last 3 days, burned out. Got to shoot 3 tonight. First a HW30 .20. Need I say more.
IMG_6313.jpeg
A pleasure to use. A new rifle already impressing.
‘Next .177 cal. is a HW98.
IMG_6315.jpeg
The 98 is also easy to use. Such accuracy. 98 is one sweet break barrel.
Third rifle a HW85 .177. Impressed is not the word.
IMG_6318.jpeg
I’ve never seen this gun perform like this before. Great to be shooting again. Crow

Nothing, too hot. It was 102 in the shade yesterday. We are supposed to have a cold front this weekend with highs around 94 which will be a relief.
I have been feeding birds, squirrels,raccoons,and an occasional possum. My wife likes to see them so no shooting there . Yesterday we had a murder(flock) of crows, 12-14 just outside the dining room window eating and bathing so I put out extra food and a larger shallow water container.

Nothing, too hot. It was 102 in the shade yesterday. We are supposed to have a cold front this weekend with highs around 94 which will be a relief.
I have been feeding birds, squirrels,raccoons,and an occasional possum. My wife likes to see them so no shooting there . Yesterday we had a murder(flock) of crows, 12-14 just outside the dining room window eating and bathing so I put out extra food and a larger shallow water container.
We used to have crows by the thousands. Then about. 4 years ago the all left. Now this year have one with a big nest behind in the neighbors Woods.

That’s hot. I was at my daughters house in Kingston last week. When I went out front door in morning, on her neighbours driveway was 4 huge Crows playing. Like pets. Had nest in back yard. Crow
I took my HW30s to shoot some cans and I could no resist to take a picture of this beauty;-)
View attachment 374395
One gun I would never get tired of. Thanks for showing. Crow
I started out the morning with my Crosman 1100. Later shot the S&W 77A. XS46U and a B30

View attachment 374452
Sweet guns. I had to check for poison ivy. I just finished a bout with it. Crow
That is beautiful 😍. But the cheek riser is on the wrong side for 😂
I never noticed that you’re right. Crow

I haven't been shooting much lately so today I had time to pull out the two HW77's.

The 77 Long Barrel and the Green Laminate 77 KSE.

Shooting Baracuda FT's .177 cal. in both guns.

77 and 77 KSE .jpg

The Long barrel is a bit more finicky to shoot, but it will hang in there with the 77KSE. They both are keepers.

Here is my target at 35yds the ring is 1".
HW77 Target .jpg

77 Long 5 shot groups on the left side, the the 77K with 10 shot groups on the right.

It's interesting how the long barrel is really hold sensitive compared to the shorter K model. I know this isn't great shooting but it did show me how the hold was affecting both guns.

Cheers

Couldn’t get the 85 out of my mind, shoot again todayView attachment 374527Love the accuracy this gun is producing. Great gun. Don’t hear a lot of the 85.
I also shot a 97kt .177. View attachment 374528Really nice grouping at 45 yds. Love these guns. Crow
I had never heard of the HW85 until you showed yours. AOA doesn’t list them , I only see Krale having a listing for them. Nice looking rifle 😀 like a long barreledHW95 Thank for sharing

That’s hot. I was at my daughters house in Kingston last week. When I went out front door in morning, on her neighbours driveway was 4 huge Crows playing. Like pets. Had nest in back yard. Crow

They are nothing like pets. If I start to open the door they are gone. Conversely, I can be shooting my air guns and other birds like cardinals, blue jay's and sparrows will stay right around the feeder and bird bath as I shoot and it does not seem to bother them

Lemme tell you. If you’re having one of those weeks a .22 HW95, a .22 Custom Shop 2300, a 2300S, a glass of Willett, and a couple cans will set you right.

View attachment 374535
Oh a Rye whiskey. I may have to give it a try 🤔 I lean hard to a wheat. Like( Wellers ) Nice rifle