What springer did you shoot today?

I haven't been shooting much lately so today I had time to pull out the two HW77's.

The 77 Long Barrel and the Green Laminate 77 KSE.

Shooting Baracuda FT's .177 cal. in both guns.

View attachment 374533

The Long barrel is a bit more finicky to shoot, but it will hang in there with the 77KSE. They both are keepers.

Here is my target at 35yds the ring is 1".
View attachment 374534
77 Long 5 shot groups on the left side, the the 77K with 10 shot groups on the right.

It's interesting how the long barrel is really hold sensitive compared to the shorter K model. I know this isn't great shooting but it did show me how the hold was affecting both guns.

Cheers
Great guns and shooting.
I’m hoping to put a Diopter on a long 77. Serious guns. Crow
I had never heard of the HW85 until you showed yours. AOA doesn’t list them , I only see Krale having a listing for them. Nice looking rifle 😀 like a long barreledHW95 Thank for sharing
It is the same as the 95, only long.
I’m also hoping to put a Diopter on a 85 as well. Crow
Lemme tell you. If you’re having one of those weeks a .22 HW95, a .22 Custom Shop 2300, a 2300S, a glass of Willett, and a couple cans will set you right.

View attachment 374535
That’s a lovely Bouquet. Cans are therapy. Crow
They are nothing like pets. If I start to open the door they are gone. Conversely, I can be shooting my air guns and other birds like cardinals, blue jay's and sparrows will stay right around the feeder and bird bath as I shoot and it does not seem to bother them
I really have a hard time visiting her. I’ve never seen so many squirrels in all my life. I get whiplash when I go there.
I was shooting on my range yesterday which shoots over my drive which is 25 yds. wide. While shooting, a Morning Dove lands on my driveway and I’m shooting over him. Crow

Reactions: cjtamu
The Willett is a bourbon. If you like rye try Bulleit or Buffalo Trace.
I’ve cracked open a Jack Daniel’s Sinatra. I have the best tasting well water on the planet. Run through Brita and make ice with the same.
Soo good “you’ll be taking back stuff you didn’t even steal”. Bought in Michigan 5 yrs. ago. Just have a sip when my daughter visits. Cheers. Hope she comes soon. Crow

• Haha
Reactions: Frogy
Shot the 105X twins today one .25 and one .22 first ten shots from both at 40 yards off hand.

20230721_133520~2.jpg

20230721_151819.jpg

20230721_151157.jpg

I really didn't get to shoot it today, but I replaced the stock scope mounts. They would not stay put, but gradually slid to the rear. I installed a picatinny rail with three clamping screws and a pair of Weaver rings. I will rezero on Friday and ensure the mount stays put. Also, I have the eye piece screwed forward as far as it will go and the crosshair still isn't totally focused. Still waiting for the Hawke to be shipped.
I was able to work on the zero with the new scope mount. I got it close at 15 yards inside and then moved to the outdoor 25 yard range. My first three shot group was about 4 inches high, so I came down 64 clicks. The next group was mostly centered around the aiming point but disappointing at about 2 1/2 inches. I am still thinking the scope is part of the problem. I am still waiting for shipping confirmation for the Hawke scope so I can start all over again.

Reactions: crowski
I’ve cracked open a Jack Daniel’s Sinatra. I have the best tasting well water on the planet. Run through Brita and make ice with the same.
Soo good “you’ll be taking back stuff you didn’t even steal”. Bought in Michigan 5 yrs. ago. Just have a sip when my daughter visits. Cheers. Hope she comes soon. Crow
My favorite sweet Kentucky limestone water is Buffalo Trace. I have visited the distillery three times. I also had a buffalo on the decal on my door for 38 years. North American Bison forever! Just don't try to pet one in Yellowstone.

I was able to work on the zero with the new scope mount. I got it close at 15 yards inside and then moved to the outdoor 25 yard range. My first three shot group was about 4 inches high, so I came down 64 clicks. The next group was mostly centered around the aiming point but disappointing at about 2 1/2 inches. I am still thinking the scope is part of the problem. I am still waiting for shipping confirmation for the Hawke scope so I can start all over again.
The 2x7 should do the trick. Good luck. Crow

Today's shoot. HW30 .177 with Vortek PG4 HO kit/seal, Corcorran custom sporter stock in select Claro walnut, Rowan trigger blade and guard, Spiral Groove delrin muzzle brake, Sportsmatch/Hawke Airmax mounts/optics. Was a very good night.

View attachment 374774

View attachment 374776
Beautiful. You’ve got jewellery just dropping off it. Thanks for showing. Crow

I was testing pellet specs with the TX200. I was using 5 shot groups. I have been shooting AA Field Heavies 10.3 in 4.52mm for some time. However the last couple of batches have seemed less consistent. The weights are consistent but the size has been less so. I tried weight sorted, weight sorted and lubed, and weight sorted and head sized. The weight sorted and head sized were far more consistent at 50 feet 16.6 yards) than other options last night. The "old" batch of weight sorted and lubed I use to check things against were the only other batch that was in the game. Other than the "old" all the rest are from the same lot.

20230723_095547.jpg

Last edited: