What springer did you shoot today?

About 50mm

IMG_0546.jpeg

What have I shot today(or more like recently) With temperatures in very low 100's absolutly nothing for the last two weeks, and it is forecast to be about the same for the next couple of weeks. Very early mornings are for my exercise walk, and possibly some yard work then it's inside. We went to a veteran's luncheon today at a nearby church, one of three a/c units was not working properly and it was rather warm inside. One of the ladies running the function said they had a hard time keeping up with three big ovens and an 8 burner stove going earlier.

What have I shot today(or more like recently) With temperatures in very low 100's absolutly nothing for the last two weeks, and it is forecast to be about the same for the next couple of weeks. Very early mornings are for my exercise walk, and possibly some yard work then it's inside. We went to a veteran's luncheon today at a nearby church, one of three a/c units was not working properly and it was rather warm inside. One of the ladies running the function said they had a hard time keeping up with three big ovens and an 8 burner stove going earlier.
It’s brutal. We were luck and had lower humidity Monday and Tuesday. Evening temps low 90’s so it wasn’t bad. Other than that it’s wait for dark and shoot under the lights. Hang in there, October is coming ;)

HW77 long , a few shots testing some target papers in my printer . Regular printer paper which rips , comercial target paper targets nice round cut hole. Last is color printer paper @ number 63 card stock yields very fine image a bit darker than original print . shoot this last one in the AM . 97 out right now .

Shot all these today but the only springers in the group are .22 Hatsan 135QE Vortex and .177 Diana 56T/H. Buddy of mine in town visiting us and his son came down. He’d never shot a high class airgun, so he got his eyes opened. My Hatsan has a very light, very smooth trigger. I warned him. Reaction and look on his face when it fired before he was completely ready was priceless. Those two don’t get to hang out much anymore so I limited my shooting to showing them how to load and fire. Great day.

20230729_192656_resized.jpeg

Another perfect summer day. Shooting the 499B, Diana Oktoberfest, and Tempest. With the 499B, it's just amazing how a smoothbore muzzle-loading BB rifle can shoot so well. With the 100+ round magazine capacity of the Diana, you almost never go empty. And I've always loved the small size and reliable thump of the Tempest. Cocking effort for all three is exceedingly easy. These are my casual "fun guns".

DSC00006 2.JPG