What springer did you shoot today?

It’s brutal. We were luck and had lower humidity Monday and Tuesday. Evening temps low 90’s so it wasn’t bad. Other than that it’s wait for dark and shoot under the lights. Hang in there, October is coming ;)
Cannot wait, 104 this afternoon, humidity around 40% and little or no breeze. Stayed inside, with most of windows covered , Last night it was still 90 at 9pm so no late evening shootine either. This is probably going to be the way things are the next couple of weeks, possibly all of August.

Another perfect summer day. Shooting the 499B, Diana Oktoberfest, and Tempest. With the 499B, it's just amazing how a smoothbore muzzle-loading BB rifle can shoot so well. With the 100+ round magazine capacity of the Diana, you almost never go empty. And I've always loved the small size and reliable thump of the Tempest. Cocking effort for all three is exceedingly easy. These are my casual "fun guns".

View attachment 376825
The Octoberfest is a fun BB gun. I like the bolt action and can shoot it rather fast. I do wish it had a better rear sight though I have an old Crosman 160 out in my shed that needs resealing, May get in inside tomorrow and go to work on it.

The Octoberfest is a fun BB gun. I like the bolt action and can shoot it rather fast. I do wish it had a better rear sight though I have an old Crosman 160 out in my shed that needs resealing, May get in inside tomorrow and go to work on it.

Yeah, if I had one complaint about the Oktoberfest, it's the rear sight. I've had the gun apart, and under the plastic housing on the rear of the action is a substantial steel plug. I'm thinking about drilling and tapping it for a short dovetail rail so I can mount a Williams 5D-AG peep sight and get rid of the factory rear sight completely. Should look something like this-

DSC00002 2.JPG

I've got a resealing job to do as well. Been putting off the work on my Diana 75 for too long. I should get motivated and just get it done. Even with the factory service manual and video Giss system tutorials, it's a complicated rifle to work on.

Last edited:
Another perfect summer day. Shooting the 499B, Diana Oktoberfest, and Tempest. With the 499B, it's just amazing how a smoothbore muzzle-loading BB rifle can shoot so well. With the 100+ round magazine capacity of the Diana, you almost never go empty. And I've always loved the small size and reliable thump of the Tempest. Cocking effort for all three is exceedingly easy. These are my casual "fun guns".

View attachment 376825
sold my Tempest , dumb move , always a fun gun .

Well last night. The HW50 177 got a lot of attention. This is just a peach of and air gun. ( I shoot this one several times a week ) Next one I haven’t shoot in several week. The HW90 22 I am amazed every time I shoot this thing just how well it shoots . First shot spinner at 30 yard. Hit Ran the course out 90 yard 😃. like I had mentioned earlier this month the 90 would be seeing the action around August getting ready for September squirrel season ( it’s my only 22 ) Even though my HW95 177 would be sufficient

I picked up an early version of the Beeman C-1 w/o safety. Got to shoot it yesterday for the first time, what a weird feeling stock but I may grow to like it. Needs some clean up of grime and small amounts of rust. Only shooting. 9ftlb so will rebuild it with a Chambers Webley kit I have which has the synthetic guide and top hat, hopefully bring it back to @11 ft lb where it should be.

We are forecast to hit 105 actual temp today, heat index around 112-115. It's already 90. I noticed some azaleas on the NW side of the house looking somewhat wilted so have water sprinkler on for them now, and on area where I shoot, the grass is getting brittle so don't want to walk on it. I watered some areas fairly well last week, still looking stressed and It has been at least two weeks since I mowed, and as slow as it is growing, will probably be at least another week, If anything I will raise the deck and just clip weeds. Forecast for rest of week is 104 for about three more days then down to about 101, maybe cooler late next week. This part of E Texas is the deep south, we never had this kind of weather when we move here 40 years ago. In 2011 we had 46 straight days over 100, hope we don't hit that record this year.

This here. Now looks and beginning to shoot like a 35E should. Definite preference for H&N FTT so far. Suspect barrel pivot bolts might be a little tight. The fact right side screw head is buggered makes me think I might be right. Stock color is much lighter than most I’ve seen. Need to get a pic in better light.

20230801_200930_resized.jpeg

Shot the XS28M for the exercise, and the XS60C for the relaxation. Both off sticks and off hand.

View attachment 377813

View attachment 377814
I had to go do some research on those XS rifle. Doesn’t seem like anyone in the states has the28. But flying Dragon has. A 25. And the Xs 46 Thinking about ordering the 46 with full tune in 22. worst thing I don’t like it give it to a son-in-law that’s were the Hatsan 65 will end up Didn’t I see you had a 46 ?

Reactions: crowski