What springer did you shoot today?

These
BAEE9EC4-EB62-4E42-B94C-1E8DC1DE75CA.jpeg

any one shoot one of these ? i am very interested to own one and shoot it .
june-9.jpg

Somebody call a doctor! I haven’t shot a rifle in a week. I‘m helping my daughter. Crow
gotta ask , if you really haven't shot in a week , how steady are you with the controls of that machine your operating at your daughters ?
( Maybe there is Bourbon after the day is done ?)

Reactions: holo07 and crowski
Here's two you don't get to shoot too often? Neither wins the accuracy lottery, but the BSA Airsporter gets
L1009390.jpg
L1009388.jpg
L1009393.jpg
a gold star just for being cute, and maybe the Falke too for still being able to get it up enough after seventy years to send a pellet down the barrel? BSA from mid 80's, Falke from sometime in the '50's. Falke is a copy of the earliest Airsporter.

Ran a nylon brush and a jag through this today since I don’t know what pellet diet was like before it got to me. Shot 5 pellets with the stock sights, shot great. Had decided to switch to one piece Sportsmatch adjustable. Was having fun using a German knife to open the package for my British mount to go on my German gun. Till I put the scope in the mount and figured out it won’t work. Have an Athlon Talos with 1” tube and side focus parallax on it. There’s a piece below the side focus turret that looks like a chisel detent. Hits the mount and won’t let the scope rotate to level. So, either back to two piece or buy another 1” scope.

20230804_202356_resized.jpeg

Reactions: holo07 and crowski
Sweet pair. Grips look comfortable. Crow
Pulled out my early 80s hw30 for some some target shooting. This was a basket case gun I bought from Century that didn't shoot and redid the internals and just stripped off the old peeling polyurethane finish and gave it some coats of BLO.

View attachment 378025
Nice job on rebuild. Crow
I’m in the same boat Crow, it’s been two weeks. Too many other things going on in life like fishing😁
Gary
I haven’t got my line wet in 2 weeks. I wanna be like you when I grow up. Crow
Today was the XS25 .177 a B19/Diana 250 .22 and a B30 .177

View attachment 378052
Love the thumbholes. Crow
any one shoot one of these ? i am very interested to own one and shoot it .View attachment 378017

gotta ask , if you really haven't shot in a week , how steady are you with the controls of that machine your operating at your daughters ?
( Maybe there is Bourbon after the day is done ?)
I was possessed? Just had a small Kabota 1 1/2 ton. Originally gonna stay three days instead I stayed seven and ran machine. unbelievable what that machine did in seven days.
Now I’ll taste the Bourbon. Crow
Here's two you don't get to shoot too often? Neither wins the accuracy lottery, but the BSA Airsporter getsView attachment 378056View attachment 378054View attachment 378055 a gold star just for being cute, and maybe the Falke too for still being able to get it up enough after seventy years to send a pellet down the barrel? BSA from mid 80's, Falke from sometime in the '50's. Falke is a copy of the earliest Airsporter.
Never seen anything like that? Thanks for showing. Crow
Ran a nylon brush and a jag through this today since I don’t know what pellet diet was like before it got to me. Shot 5 pellets with the stock sights, shot great. Had decided to switch to one piece Sportsmatch adjustable. Was having fun using a German knife to open the package for my British mount to go on my German gun. Till I put the scope in the mount and figured out it won’t work. Have an Athlon Talos with 1” tube and side focus parallax on it. There’s a piece below the side focus turret that looks like a chisel detent. Hits the mount and won’t let the scope rotate to level. So, either back to two piece or buy another 1” scope.

View attachment 378130
Love the grain. Enjoy. Crow

Went to my daughters for three days to help her, I ended up staying for seven. Never shot a rifle for seven days. Can’t remember going that long. And to make matters worse there’s squirrels everywhere at her place.
This evening I grabbed a LGU Varmite .22.
IMG_6401.jpeg
This gun is so comfortable I almost fell asleep holding it. This is a favoured gun, for sure.
Next up another thumb hole. A HW97kt .177.
IMG_6406.jpeg
Ridiculously accurate.
Great to be back on the range. Crow

I got tired of waiting for the new scope to arrive for the new Winchester/Daisy so I pulled the one off the old Winchester/Daisy and went to work. I started off at the indoor range at 15 yards with the intent of moving to the outdoor range at 25 yards. Unfortunately the outdoor range was too busy and then the lightning shut down outdoors.

I zeroed the scope to the rifle and then fired five round groups with five different pellets. Please excuse the chicken scratch on the targets. The pellets starting with the lower left were Premier 7.7 grain hollow points, Sig 7.7 grain match, H & N Crow magnum, then the upper two are H & N Baracuda and Premier pointed pellets.

I think I will concentrate on the Baracuda pellets and refine my technique.

Not bad for the first 36 pellets through the rifle. Two inch orange dots.

New Winchester Pellets.jpg

I was out at the range shooting 50-yards- until the rain started. I was checking to see what was causing some inconsistency in the last batch of pellets. It is becoming clear that the issue is pellet consistency.

I had sorted AA Field Heavies in 10.3gr into tenth of grain batches. The 10.3 grain batch was less consistent and shot higher than the 10.5 grain batch. Outside circles are 1 inch with inner being 1/2 inch.
20230805_090021.jpg

Crowski

Could you share what targets you have there?

Bean
Sorry so long to answer, gone for a week.
All spinners are made with C&C plasma cutter. My daughter just got a machinist position. They have C&C as well, will be training soon. I can’t wait, great time to get creative.
At 45 yds. far left target trap, plates and spinners.
IMG_6402.jpeg
25 yds. to trap get trap at edge of drive.
Targets by Birch are 30 yds. The plates of steel ring too much. I will cut smaller and reconnect by chain. I put 3/8 holes in plates. A hit is no sound.
On top of rocks I have a knock 4 down with 5th reset for HW30 and pistols. 27 yds.
IMG_6405.jpeg
The opening to right of Birth tree I hang cans to cut in half, excellent target, ran out of cans.
The ground target squirrels I hung from chains so they don’t get dirty from rain.
Have wolf silhouettes and duel spinners and trees.
IMG_6404.jpeg
Have a few rubber spinners which sometimes rebound.
I still have to work on my 45 yd. range which will bring new targets.
‘The brown one is great concept but bounces open. Not able to tame yet.
Bit of a mess but coming. Crow