What springer did you shoot today?

Most of them I bought from Mike Melnick tuned. Have done a few of them myself.

XS28M .25 with extra. 177 and .22 barrels
XS25SFB .22
XS25 wood stock .22
XS25 .177 in bamboo stock
XS46U .22
TS45 .177
B19 .22
B5 ×2 .22
B5-10 .177
B30 .177
XSP120D × 2 in .177 and .22
CR600W .177
XS60C .22
D Airbug .22

The XS25 is basically a clone of the Diana 34. And IMHO a very good one. If you do get one have Mike do the full tune. Well worth it. The only thing about buying one now is NO WOOD STOCK.

Last edited:
Reactions: crowski
Most of them I bought from Mike Melnick tuned. Have done a few of them myself.

XS28M .25 with extra. 177 and .22 barrels
XS25SFB .22
XS25 wood stock .22
XS25 .177 in bamboo stock
XS46U .22
TS45 .177
B19 .22
B5 ×2 .22
B5-10 .177
B30 .177
XSP120D × 2 in .177 and .22

The XS25 is basically a clone of the Diana 34. And IMHO a very good one. If you do get one have Mike do the full tune. Well worth it. The only thing about buying one now is NO WOOD STOCK.
just place order for the 25 with the full tune well if any thing like my Diana 34 I'll love it. do you like the 46 thinking about that one next .

just place order for the 25 with the full tune well if any thing like my Diana 34 I'll love it. do you like the 46 thinking about that one next .
The XS46U is my poor man's TX200. Definitely worth the dollars.

The MM tuned 25 will shoot stronger than your 34 and probably just as good.

Reactions: crowski and Frogy
Sorry so long to answer, gone for a week.
All spinners are made with C&C plasma cutter. My daughter just got a machinist position. They have C&C as well, will be training soon. I can’t wait, great time to get creative.
At 45 yds. far left target trap, plates and spinners.
View attachment 37816425 yds. to trap get trap at edge of drive.
Targets by Birch are 30 yds. The plates of steel ring too much. I will cut smaller and reconnect by chain. I put 3/8 holes in plates. A hit is no sound.
On top of rocks I have a knock 4 down with 5th reset for HW30 and pistols. 27 yds. View attachment 378165The opening to right of Birth tree I hang cans to cut in half, excellent target, ran out of cans.
The ground target squirrels I hung from chains so they don’t get dirty from rain.
Have wolf silhouettes and duel spinners and trees.View attachment 378166Have a few rubber spinners which sometimes rebound.
I still have to work on my 45 yd. range which will bring new targets.
‘The brown one is great concept but bounces open. Not able to tame yet.
Bit of a mess but coming. Crow

Crow what happens when you get older and more frail (especially considering your recent hemorrhoid diagnosis lol), how are you going to get around that mountain to paint your targets? Wait I’ve got an idea you could sit in the bucket of your excavator and remotely move around.
Impressive range my friend.👍
Gary

Not alot of time for shooting today, so I shot my Hatsan edge .25. It's the one always sitting next to the back door. Best $50 I've ever spent.

20230805_110348~2.jpg

A few shots through this again today. Enough to confirm that the scope does indeed have a parallax issue. In fact, it quit adjusting altogether, less than 100 shots on it. Probably a good thing, will make it easier on the Athlon warranty folks. Hear their warranty service is excellent. Have more than half dozen of their scopes, first one I’ve ever had an issue with. Been a strange journey with this gun but it seems to be shooting very well now.

Edit: It’s 102 degrees with heat index around 112 so I ain’t shooting *&$@# for a bit LOL. Kimmy 2 Guns says she might want to shoot tonight so we’ll see.

20230805_162610_resized.jpeg

All spinners are made with C&C plasma cutter. My daughter just got a machinist position. They have C&C as well, will be training soon. I can’t wait, great time to get creative.
View attachment 37816425 yds. to trap get trap at edge of drive.
Targets by Birch are 30 yds. The plates of steel ring too much. I will cut smaller and reconnect by chain. I put 3/8 holes in plates. A hit is no sound.
On top of rocks I have a knock 4 down with 5th reset for HW30 and pistols. 27 yds. View attachment 378165The opening to right of Birth tree I hang cans to cut in half, excellent target, ran out of cans.
The ground target squirrels I hung from chains so they don’t get dirty from rain.
Have wolf silhouettes and duel spinners and trees.View attachment 378166Have a few rubber spinners which sometimes rebound.
so your daughter has use of a cnc ? OOPS didn't think it was that large pic .View attachment 247753742_4421444537891423_7348676268197844321_n (4).jpg

Reactions: Septicdeath
Crow what happens when you get older and more frail (especially considering your recent hemorrhoid diagnosis lol), how are you going to get around that mountain to paint your targets? Wait I’ve got an idea you could sit in the bucket of your excavator and remotely move around.
Impressive range my friend.👍
Gary
I’m frail now. My knees are toast. I’ve been putting stairs in to make safe. The big machine is gone.
When I can’t climb, I’ll hire a hooker to come once a week to paint them. Lol.
Thanks Gary got some great ideas for it coming. All the best. Crow
A few shots through this again today. Enough to confirm that the scope does indeed have a parallax issue. In fact, it quit adjusting altogether, less than 100 shots on it. Probably a good thing, will make it easier on the Athlon warranty folks. Hear their warranty service is excellent. Have more than half dozen of their scopes, first one I’ve ever had an issue with. Been a strange journey with this gun but it seems to be shooting very well now.

Edit: It’s 102 degrees with heat index around 112 so I ain’t shooting *&$@# for a bit LOL. Kimmy 2 Guns says she might want to shoot tonight so we’ll see.

View attachment 378324
Gun looks great. Can’t say the same as your weather. Have you ever experienced a heat wave like this? Crow

25 yds. to trap get trap at edge of drive.
On top of rocks I have a knock 4 down with 5th reset for HW30 and pistols. 27 yds. The opening to right of Birth tree I hang cans to cut in half, excellent target, ran out of cans.
Have wolf silhouettes and duel spinners and trees.Have a few rubber spinners which sometimes rebound.
Thanks for the details reply! That is some serious plinking targets. Are you accepting guests?

View attachment 378324
bought an already busted Athlon scope , sent it to kansas city Athlon on monday and had a new scope on friday AM . no box /no papers / no receipt .

Gun looks great. Can’t say the same as your weather. Have you ever experienced a heat wave like this? Crow
Never. And that’s in nearly 60 years of living in E and SE Texas. It’s brutal. Jumped on that gun like a duck on a junebug when I saw the stock. Guy was trying to sell locally. Convinced him to ship to me by shipping a box and bubble wrap to him. True story and the beginning of the very strange journey. If I can get it to shoot as good as it looks I’ll have something.
bought an already busted Athlon scope , sent it to kansas city Athlon on monday and had a new scope on friday AM . no box /no papers / no receipt .
Good to know. I have box and receipt so hopefully it’s easy.

Thanks for the details reply! That is some serious plinking targets. Are you accepting guests?
Have two Stable Tables. Crow
After a good rain early this morning and a nice cool afternoon I took advantage and spent two hours shooting my HW30S in .177 and .22 caliber as well as my HWS35E in .22 caliber. A good afternoon fur sure. Charles
Awesome guns. I enjoy the HW30 .22 cal. as well. Crow
Never. And that’s in nearly 60 years of living in E and SE Texas. It’s brutal. Jumped on that gun like a duck on a junebug when I saw the stock. Guy was trying to sell locally. Convinced him to ship to me by shipping a box and bubble wrap to him. True story and the beginning of the very strange journey. If I can get it to shoot as good as it looks I’ll have something.

Good to know. I have box and receipt so hopefully it’s easy.
Pretty scary, that kind of heat. 78 F. here today. We get rain storms that last 5-10 min. It’s like someone dropped a lake on you from 10 miles up. I have 20+ ft. fall on my property, and it takes out a few of my drives and boat launch.
Wicked project, good luck. Crow

Did some shooting this morning. Decided to scope my HW50S. Got a set of medium Sportsmatch rings and another 3-9 Bug Buster for it. Love that scope. With those rings it sits nice and low with 1/8" of clearance for the adjustable objective. Gonna see how it shoots with Seneca 16.1 gr domed pellets this afternoon. I also picked up an adult sized Red Ryder in a trade and mounted an RWS compact 4X scope and slicked up the trigger a bit. Fun shooter. Great for beer cans at 20yds.

And I burned some powder with an all original 1878 45-70 Springfield Trapdoor Carbine from my late Father's collection. He was a Marine and went on to become a U.S. Sky Marshal. He played a huge role in my lifelong love of guns, and my decision to pursue a career in the firearms industry. This was his favorite rifle, and he'd be plenty happy to know that my daughter and I still enjoy shooting it. That 405 gr bullet hits like a freight train.

1878.JPG

Last edited:
Did some shooting this morning. Decided to scope my HW50S. Got a set of medium Sportsmatch rings and another 3-9 Bug Buster for it. Love that scope. It sits nice and low with 1/8" of clearance for the adjustable objective. Picked up an adult sized Red Ryder in a trade and mounted an RWS compact 4X scope and slicked up the trigger a bit. Fun shooter. Great for beer cans at 20yds.

And I burned some powder with an all original 1878 45-70 Trapdoor Springfield Carbine from my late Father's collection. He was a Marine and went on to become a U.S. Sky Marshal. He played a huge role in my lifelong love of guns, and my decision to pursue a career in the firearms industry. This was his favorite rifle, and he'd be plenty happy to know that my daughter and I still enjoy shooting it. That 405 gr bullet hits like a freight train.

View attachment 378455
Nice collection. I do enjoy back powder cartridge guns used to compete with the sharps in 4590 now I have a Remington rolling block that used to be 7 mm Mauser rebarreled an converted to 4570 great fun

Shot the pre-war Diana 27 .177 today. It's so light and petite and packs a whopping 6 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy with 7.33 JSB RS. It's got a fat post front sight that doesn't promote accuracy, especially in low light, but trigger is light and she's smooth shooter! Any rabbit within 15 yard to 20 yards would be in my stew pot.
tempImage15Sp6W.jpg
tempImagemTt5Rm.jpg

Those are very hard to find in the states. BSA prewar underlevers are a dime a dozen compared to German Millita style. MILLITA not MILITIA!
The Millita style BSA breakdown pattern was built as a youth rifle in the 30's. This one has the doll head snapped off the foresight so I never really shot it. I have it sold when I get to it. These are pretty rare too.

IMG_3818(1).png

Those are very hard to find in the states. BSA prewar underlevers are a dime a dozen compared to German Millita style. MILLITA not MILITIA!
The Millita style BSA breakdown pattern was built as a youth rifle in the 30's. This one has the doll head snapped off the foresight so I never really shot it. I have it sold when I get to it. These are pretty rare too.

View attachment 378499
looking for an underlever in this vintage , i see a few at the shows , have no idea what a fair price should be ?